Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 91F, sunny and humid. A good day to stay indoors.
    Irene-good luck with the nutritionist.
    Vix-have fun with Will this afternoon.
    Ed-want to come and be my chef? :) I don't cook much anymore. We don't have the appetite that we use to have.
    Have a good afternoon and stay cool. :)

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 25 (C) partly cloudy degrees wit an expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 13% chance of precipitation. Other than the high heat, sounds like a lovely day!

I did a small load of laundry yesterday, just an initial wash of 10 new v-neck tees to replace some old, worn out underwear. AND I got them all folded and put away on the same day. I didn't even need them right away as I still have some clean old ones that are in decent shape, so am proud of myself for getting them folded and put away, right away.

We'll see what's hot on the work agenda shortly.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    good morning all
    Jo, lots of hot days here. So thankful for A/C!
    Ed, good for you for getting your new t-shirts wear ready. ;)
    Irene, great pool weather.
    We had fun with Will yesterday, drew good-guy plans, built legos, played with cars, and his favorite watched Teen Titans.
    I'm back from my walk, it was already hot at 7 a.m. Took a shower. Our housecleaner is coming today and I have an acupuncture appt. I'll also stop at the library while I'm out.
    It's currently 82F, 28C. Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 93F,34C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Heat advisory. 🥵🥵🥵
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Stay cool. 😎🌼🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited August 3
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 23 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 32 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda, but I may do some house cleaning.

Dinner yesterday was good old, home made chicken and noodles. I'll be having several more meals of this.

tpepm8qcrepl.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, yummy comfort food. 😋
    We had ground turkey and vegetable chili last night.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    We had some crazy t-storms last night.
    I'm back from my walk, already getting hot and very humid.
    It's currently 75F, 24C. Partly cloudy skies this morning. Thunderstorms likely during the afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 89F, 32C, a little cooler than yesterday. I think it actually hit 100F, 38C yesterday. 🥵🥵🥵 Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend. Relax and stay cool. 🌞🌻🌼😎🌂🕊️
  • eku0
    edited August 4
    good morning all
    I'm back from my walk checked my email, and read a few articles.
    It's currently 74F , 23C. Mostly cloudy this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 86F, 30C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
    We'll probably watch the 2 GCs this afternoon for a little while. Fun.
    Need to exercise and do a few things around the house. Trying to stay cool.
    Wishing all a restful Sunday. ☁️🌂🌺🌻🌼🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited August 4
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 24 (C) fair, mostly sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 32 and 24% chance of precipitation.

Other than being a bit too warm for my taste, sounds like a decent day.

Lunch and dinner yesterday were both leftover chicken and noodles and I have two nice servings left. I think it's time to put a pound of ground lamb up to thaw, for shepherd's pie or maybe some middle eastern dish. Probably shepherd's pie.

Breakfast this morning was oatmeal, fried Spam, and a banana.

The dishwasher is running, and I need to get out for a few groceries.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 23 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 11% chance of precipitation.

I still have two meals of the chicken and noodles to eat, but I took a break yesterday to have Sunday lunch and dinner picnic style with cold fried chicken and potato salad from Kroger. Still a small serving of the potato salad left as well, but I also got some shredded cooked chicken with Jack Daniels #007 barbecue sauce, so we'll see how that is. I can open a can of Kroger baked beans to go with that and finish off the potato salad. But today's lunch and dinner will be the remaining chicken and noodles. The lamb is still sitting in the freezer.

We'll see what's hot on the work front shortly.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Ed, too hot for me too, and too humid. The humidity alone made my walk this a.m. yucky!
    Last night, I used the crock pot chicken from the night before, added some veggies to the sauce, heated that up and served it with quinoa for a nice easy meal. (Fried chicken sounds good, I haven't had that in a long time!)
    We had fun with the little ones yesterday. No special plans for today. It's going to be a hot one.
    It's currently 70F, 21C. Plentiful sunshine. High 94F, 34C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🌟🌻🌼🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 (C) fair, mostly sunny degrees with an expected cloudy high of 33 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Our summer maintenance for the AC is scheduled fer this afternoon/evening.

I finished off the chicken and noodles last night. Breakfast was a couple of protein packed power waffles, fried eggs, and sausage links.

We'll see what updates are ready for testing at work shortly.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, always good to have the A/C checked. We try to do it before the summer.
    Craft day today. Off in a little while.
    It's currently 76F, 24C. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 95F, 35C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. Stay cool. 🌞🌂🌺😎🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Currently 70F. We had rain off and on all day.
    Ed-Your meals always sound so good.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    I haven't been doing much lately. I can't wait for the humidity to break. I have some yard work that I want to do.
    Sam is settling in nicely. She finally ventured upstairs this morning for a few minutes. She still wants to go outside to
    do her business.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    hi everyone,
    well it looks like we are in for a ruff night it is raining and I can hear thunder Sammie already has her happy shirt(thunder shirt) on normally that helps
    have a great evening
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected scorching, mostly sunny high of 35 and 19% chance of precipitation. I would welcome precipitation if it brings cooler temperatures!

I had a busy day yesterday on the work front.

I ate the shredded barbecue chicken for lunch and dinner, with the last of the potato salad and a can of Kroger baked beans. And I set the ground lamb in the refrigerator to thaw, so will probably make something from that for dinner tonight. I'll toss something together for lunch, or maybe just open a can of soup or chili. And, of course, there is always the option of going out to pick up lunch but I probably won't.

I expect plenty to test on the work front today as well.

• eku0
    Good morning all
    Jo, glad you are getting a break and that Sam is settling in nicely.
    Irene, good that you have the thunder-shirt for Sammie.
    Ed, sounds like work is keeping you busy. Sometimes that's good.
    T-storms last night again.
    It's currently 77F, 25C. Cloudy early followed by heavy thunderstorms this afternoon. High 84F,29C. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
    I'm just back from my car maintenance appt. That filled up my morning. Just put a load of laundry in and need to exercise. I still have my puzzles to do.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪day! ☁️🌂🌼🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited August 8
    Afternoon update. My new office chair arrived today. I feel like I'm a Star Trek captain on the bridge of the Enterprise-D, even though the chair doesn't really resemble the captain's chair! It just gives me a Star Trek feel.

tloll8uycxmr.png
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Ed-Nice chair, it looks very comfortable.
    Irene-I am glad the thunder shirt helps Sammie.
    Hi Vix.
    Currently 70F and cloudy. We had rain overnight and this morning. It is cooler today.
    I ironed and hung different curtains in my bedroom and put the matching comforter on the bed.
    I washed the curtains and comforter that I had in my room and put them up in the spare bedroom.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 24 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 35 and 9% chance of precipitation.

After assembling that chair I was tired yesterday. Today will be my first full day sitting in it to work, though I did get the last hour and a half in yesterday. The cats are very suspicious of it. I have left my old chair crammed into a corner of my workspace for them, at least until it gets too much in my way.

We'll see what's hot on the work agenda shortly.

• eku0
    edited August 8
    good morning
    Wow, Ed! That's some chair! Is that a foot rest in front? It looks very plush. Pete's always complaining about chairs. Let me know how it is. (Pete said it looks nice, haha, he may want one!)
    Jo, always nice to change things around a little. I'm enjoying the slightly cooler weather.
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 70F, 21C Cloudy skies with periods of light rain this afternoon. High near 80F, 27C. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    I have an appt with a body shop on Monday. Someone must have hit into my car in a parking lot and there are some loose pieces that just can't be pushed back into place. My insurance is covering it, except for a small deductible.
    I have a routine dental appt this morning. That's about it.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. ☁️🌂🌼🌻🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    Hi everyone
    we have rain again today so another day with no morning walk. Nothing going on here. Ed that is a really cool looking chair.
    Vix good luck at the dentist
    Jo sounds like you have a lot of energy today. take care everyone