Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 24 (C) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 34 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dinner yesterday was shepherd's pie, and there are three servings left. Breakfast today was biscuits and gravy.

xxkcrorj5cnm.png
    ch6zo3tqp7yy.png

eku0 wrote: »
    Wow, Ed! That's some chair! Is that a foot rest in front? It looks very plush. Pete's always complaining about chairs. Let me know how it is. (Pete said it looks nice, haha, he may want one!)

That is a foot rest, but I don't find it useful. It won't extend far enough to really put my feet on it. But it can also be used flush to the front as pictured, for sitting lotus style in the chair. I'm not limber enough for that so I have folded the foot rest down and it is slid back under the seat now.

The company also makes a cloth version, and some with adjustable arms. It's more chair than I have ever purchased before, but I feel like I deserve it.

Hoping for a slow work day.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    edited August 9
    Good morning all
    Irene, I guess you're getting pretty much the same rain we're getting. No walk here either!
    Ed, shepherd's pie sounds yummy. It's important to have a comfortable work chair, like a comfortable bed, you spend a lot of time in it.
    Hi Jo.
    I'm going back to the dentist next week. I had an old filling that fell out, so that needs to be replaced.
    Still pouring rain since yesterday. We have a tornado warning, flash flood warning and flood warning!
    It's currently 75F,24C. Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 82F, 28C. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall possibly over one inch. Localized flooding is possible.
    I have a massage appt this morning about 15 miles away, but unless I hear from her, I'm planning on going. The roads don't look too bad here, and hopefully there's no flooding or downed trees.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🌧️🌪️? ☔🍷🕊️
  • eku0
    good morning
    There were a couple of trees down yesterday, but could get around them on the roads, and the pond I passed had overflowed, but didn't get to the road, so not a bad drive.
    Actually saw the sun in the late afternoon, but it was very humid.
    It's currently 67F,19C. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 86F, 30C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend! 🌤️🌻🌼🍷🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 24 (C) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 34 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Hotter than I care for, but other than that sounds like a lovely day.

Nothing critical on the agenda. Maybe some house cleaning. Dinner yesterday was leftover shepherd's pie. Breakfast this morning was biscuits and sausage gravy.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning all
    We had Will over for a little while yesterday, fun times. He's getting to be a good runner. :)
    We're getting together with family some time today. Looking forward to that.
    It's currently 65F, 18C. Partly cloudy. High 81F,27C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. So nice to be a bit cooler!
    Wishing all a wonderful Sunday. 🌤️🌻🌼🍷🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected high of 34 and 4% chance of precipitation. I need to get out for groceries today.

Other than that, nothing critical on the agenda.

I'm finding the chair to be pretty comfortable.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    hi all,
    well happy to say we had a day of sunshine it was nice but too busy to go in the pool
    hope you all had a nice weekend
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 20 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 2% chance of precipitation.

For Sunday dinner I ordered in from Domino's, getting a veggie pizza and an Alfredo primavera pasta bake. I ate some pizza for dinner, some fro breakfast, and wll finish the pizza off for my lunch. I'll warm up the pasta bake for my dinner tonight.

I'm really liking the chair so far. It's quite comfortable. I wasn't sure how I'd like sitting on the polyurethane leather, bit it's nice.

Jason is still in Kentucky visiting his mother.

We'll see what the work day holds.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, I'm glad you're finding the chair comfortable. If you can, send me the brand and model. Pete's always looking for a chair that doesn't bother him.
    Irene, the weather has been great. Too bad you didn't have time for the pool
    Hi Jo, hope all is well.
    We had a nice time seeing family yesterday. The little ones are all so cute (and so much energy)!
    It's currently 64F, 18C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 82F, 28C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'm taking my car in to the body shop today to get repairs for where someone hit me in a parking lot and left some loose parts. I've already replaced the windshield washer container that was broken. I'm getting a rental car. I'll be happy when my car is fixed.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🌟🌺🏵️🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Scam of the Week

These Travel Offers Are Too Good To Be True

In this week’s scam, cybercriminals are taking advantage of travelers and tourists by sending out fake emails. The emails appear to be from legitimate airlines, hotels, and other travel-related organizations. However, the emails are actually a clever trick that scammers use to steal your money and personal information.

The email you receive could appear to be from any travel organization, and they usually offer a chance to win a prize or a travel package. Or the email may sound urgent, such as claiming that you need to resolve an issue with your Airbnb or hotel account. If you click the link in one of these emails, you will be taken to a fake website and instructed to enter your personal information or user credentials. Anything you enter on these fake websites is transmitted directly to the cybercriminals. You do not win a prize for following the instructions in the emails, but the cybercriminals do. They get your data!

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to travel scams:

Be skeptical of email offers that sound too good to be true. 
    Unsolicited emails that instruct you to take an urgent action should be treated very cautiously. Cybercriminals often try to create a sense of urgency to trick you into falling for their scams.
    Legitimate travel organizations will not ask you to provide sensitive or personal information through email. Always make sure that you are using the organization’s official webpage before entering any information or user credentials. 

The KnowBe4 Security Team
  • parityanimal
    edited August 12
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, I'm glad you're finding the chair comfortable. If you can, send me the brand and model. Pete's always looking for a chair that doesn't bother him.

The exact chair I ordered was the one linked below. BUT if you go to the Efomao store on Amazon and click the pulldown that says MORE, you may see a different model, with different options, that sounds better to you. Jason got one for his space in his mother's apartment that was cloth and has some adjustments possible to the armrests.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BY5H47YM
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    edited August 12
    Good afternoon;
    I guess I have been busy, doing what, I don't know. I haven't been on since last Thurs.
    The weekend weather was great here.
    My daughter came over yesterday and we had a nice visit. We are planning to go to England around Christmas.
    We will see when we can get the best flights.
    It is currently 77F and cloudy. We had sun earlier and there was a nice breeze.
    I had to work this morning. After work I went to the library, jewelers (to have my ring straightened). I managed to bend it and
    have no idea how. I also made a stop at St.Vincent's to drop off some clothes and other stuff. I am still cleaning out items that
    I haven't used in years and that my children don't want. I really didn't think I was a pack rat, but I guess I am. :#
    Vix-I hope you get your car back soon.
    Ed-I am glad you are enjoying your chair.
    Irene-Maybe the weather will be good enough this week for you to get some pool time.
    Have a good evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited August 13
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 20 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Almost a carbon copy of yesterday, but a bit warmer at the extreme.

For Monday dinner I ate the pasta bake from Domino's, with some diced ham tossed in for more protein. It turned out quite nicely with that and was a very filling meal.

Breakfast was some ham, heated up, fried eggs, and fried bread.

We'll see what the work day holds.

• eku0
    Good morning all
    Ed, thanks for the chair info. I saved that.
    Hi Irene, lots of beautiful weather to enjoy.
    Jo, time flies and days just disappear! You have been busy. I think most of us unintentionally collect stuff. Good that you're cleaning out. I need to do that again. That's great that you're planning a trip to England. It's probably beautiful at Christmastime. Fun!
    Pete found out he had a hernia yesterday, we went to the emergency room. He's seeing his PCP today.
    I have a rental car to get me around until I get my car back. A Nissan Altima, seems nice.
    It's currently 61F, 16C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 82F, 28C. Winds light and variable.
    I have a dental appt this a.m. to fix a lost filling, and then clay this afternoon.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday. 🌞👩🏻‍🎨🏵️🌺🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Dinner last night (and one upcoming meal for today) of scalloped potatoes with ham used up the last of a decent sized package of uncured sliced ham that I bought as part of the Sunday grocery shopping. It was on markdown because it had a short sell-by date, so I've been eating a lot of ham in the early part of the week. Last week I was on a chicken binge. Who knows what next week will bring? Come to that, I still have the rest of this week, and it won't be ham.

We'll see what the work day brings. I found several bugs yesterday, and closed a couple of tickets as being coded (apparently) to acceptance criteria.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, we've been doing a lot of impromptu meals. Last night I made some hot and sour soup. I had salad with tuna salad for lunch. I mixed the can of tuna with 1/2 mashed avocado and pickle relish. I have half of it left for today.
    Pete had some tests done yesterday and made an appt with a surgeon for a consult in a couple of weeks.
    My tooth is fixed, and it was nice to go play with some clay in the afternoon.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. Sunny. High 84F, 29C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Guess I should go for my walk soon, before it gets too hot. Nothing really planned, will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day. 🌞🌺🏵️🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good evening;
    Currently 79F and sunny.
    Vix-Sorry to hear Pete has a hernia, hopefully he can get it repaired soon.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    Nothing new here, just work and laundry.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 22 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the home front. We'll see what the work day brings around.

• eku0
    edited August 15
    good morning
    Ed and Jo, the slow days of summer.
    Irene, hope all is well.
    I did laundry yesterday. Went to TJ Maxx to scout out a 5th anniversary present for my son and daughter-in-law. I think I'll go back today. I found some nice wooden lazy susans, and I need birthday presents for Pete and Lilly end of August, beginning of Sept. so I can start looking for those. I may stop at Walmart too. I need some of those spongey things you put in soap dishes.
    It's currently 66F, 19C. Sunny. High 86F, 30C. Winds light and variable. Nice day, a bit hot later.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. 🌞🏵️🌺🕊️

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning,
    been busy sounds like everyone is good. Hope Pete isn't in a lot of pain.
    Hi Ed ,Vix and Jo