Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 81F and sunny.
    My manager at work had car trouble and didn't come in to work today, the assistant is on vacation. There was an associate from
    another store and myself to run the dept. this morning. We had to place a produce order for tomorrow. I think we managed fairly well.
    I did have to stay an extra hour to finish the order.
    I have a dentist appt. this afternoon for a cleaning.
    Enjoy your afternoon. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 22 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 23% chance of precipitation.

I had a pretty good day at work yesterday. Hopefully today will be a good close to the week.

Dinner last night was home made cheeseburger macaroni casserole. So of course I have three more servings of that to eat.

gv9b3l0jlxit.png

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    Good morning all
    Thanks, Irene. Pete's not in pain. Just has to take it easy.
    Jo, sounds like a busy work day! Hope your dental appt went well. It's always nice to have clean teeth!
    Ed, glad you had a good day. Your casserole looks delicious!
    I'm off for acupuncture this a.m. , and Will will be here in the afternoon. Housecleaner is coming this a.m. too. It's currently 71F, 22C. Mostly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 83F, 28C.. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday! 🌞☁️🌺🏵️🕊️🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 23 (C) fair, mostly sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 44% chance of precipitation that couldn include thunderstorms.

I was a little surprised by a storm rumbling through last night, with minimal thunder but rain that started around 8 and continuing until after I fell asleep around 10. I have no idea how long it rained but I had to get out this morning to set some plants upright and push some tall growth of 4 O'Clocks back off the sidewalk where it had fallen over.

Nothing critical on the agenda today. Maybe some house cleaning.

Dinner was leftover casserole, as was lunch yesterday, and lunch today will be the same. Breakfast was some protein packed Kodiak oatmeal and a small waffle, sausage, egg, cheese sandwich stack from the freezer, along with my usual banana. That was very filling.

I might get out and about today, but probably will wait until tomorrow.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, we've been having some rain at night too, but seems like not last night although it was very cloudy.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    It's nice having a clean house, and it was fun to see Will yesterday.
    I slept better last night, maybe it was the acupuncture that helped.
    It's currently 70F,21C. Generally cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 83F, 28C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph, pretty much like yesterday's forecast.
    Will see what the day brings. It would be nice to get out.
    Have a great weekend. ☁️🌂🚗🌸🏵️🌺🍷
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    Ed, I would love the recipe it looks so good,
    Hi Vix and Jo
  • parityanimal
    Ed, I would love the recipe it looks so good,
    Hi Vix and Jo

Not really much of one. Make a batch of mac and cheese, somewhat saucy, add one pound of browned ground beef that was browned with plenty of chopped onion. Add diced bacon if you like, but I didn't. You can drain the browned beef if desired, but I did not. Stir all that together and put in a prepared baking dish. Sprinkle a thin layer of Italian style bread crumbs on top and bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, until the dish looks as browned and bubbly as desired. Serve with ketchup and mustard for drizzling on individual servings. Other cheeseburger toppings could be made available if desired, such as pickles, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato...
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Busy day yesterday. I had my hair cut, went to Boston for lunch and a little shopping with my daughter, booked our flight to
    London and searched for AirBnb's.
    The day started out cool and cloudy and turned sunny and warm by the afternoon. Only downside was the traffic and inconsiderate
    drivers.
    Today I have a few things to do around the house.
    Ed-your casserole looks so good.
    Vix-It is nice to have a clean house.
    Irene-Are you getting to spend any time in the pool.
    Currently 63F with a high of 79F and mostly cloudy.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited August 18
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 23 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 15% chance of precipitation.

We had rain again last night, but no thunder that I noticed.

After cooking my meals all week, I decided to order pizza last night so that (and the chicken I ordered with it) was dinner. Breakfast this morning was pizza and lunch today will be pizza. Mother nature was nice enough to pause the rain to a fine mist at the moment the pizza delivery driver arrived.

I'm sipping my breakfast tea now. Coffee later.

I should get out to the grocery stores today but it's not really critical.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Hi Irene, I think you'll like Ed's recipe.
    Ed, interesting that you make your meals ahead for the week. We're so random! Sometimes Pete will take something out of the freezer or I'll pull out a recipe I'm in the mood for, other times we just throw something together. 🤣🤣🤣
    Jo, lunch and shopping in Boston sounds like fun. I hope you like your haircut; I'm getting mine done Thursday. Congrats on booking your flight, and good luck finding a nice AirBnB!
    It rained for a while last night here, pavements are still wet, and it's totally overcast. It's currently 71F, 22C. Cloudy early with scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Storms could contain damaging winds. High near 85F, 29C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
    I put a load of sheets in the washer this a.m. and will probably do a load of clothes. No special plans, will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☁️⛈️🌺🏵️🍷🕊️
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, interesting that you make your meals ahead for the week. We're so random! Sometimes Pete will take something out of the freezer or I'll pull out a recipe I'm in the mood for, other times we just throw something together. 🤣🤣🤣

Actually I had worded that incorrectly and it was easy to misinterpret. I meant (and corrected it to say) after cooking my meals all week.

While I do sometimes plan meals, to the extent that I pull something out of the freezer to thaw, even then I don't always know for sure what I'm going to make with it until I walk into the kitchen for inspiration.

I had pulled that pound of ground beef out with the vague idea that it would be made into a cheeseburger mac casserole, because that was on my mind when I pulled it out. But in the intervening day, while it thawed in the refrigerator, other ideas, such as chili, skillet spaghetti, or meatloaf popped up too. In the end, the cheeseburger casserole won out.

Many nights I walk into the kitchen to make SOMETHING for dinner but no clue what I am going to make.

"I Don't Care" is a popular dish, often requested by Jason, and as that can be anything that comes to mind who knows what my inner Edweirdo...er I mean Eduardo will come up with! I'll look in the cupboard, freezers, and refrigerator to refresh my mind on available ingredients. I usually have a pretty good idea what's available but sometimes I'll have something that I had forgotten was there.

Once I see what's available, something generally comes to mind and dinner will get prepared, whatever it may be that night.

• parityanimal
    For Sunday dinner, baked salmon, seasoned with lemon, salt, pepper, dill, rosemary, and paprika, served with slightly spicy baby lima beans and a nice Pinot Noir. August 18 is Pinot Noir day, and that wine goes with just about anything!

2vxebjewwhg7.png
    c7q5a1tp8puc.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, haha, that's about like us. We had grilled salmon one night last week. It was good. Pete's been buying corn on the cob, which is so good in season. We're enjoying that. I picked up a jar of "Fisherman's Seafood Spectacular" seasoning that we're going to try next time. Sounds good: dill, lemon, paprika, garlic, lime, rosemary, parsley, chili, and onion! (similar to your spices plus a few).
    Hi Jo and Irene!
    Up early this a.m., nothing really on the agenda, some laundry, etc. I did all the sheets yesterday, washed and put away, and I foiled some stained glass so it's ready for soldering on Tuesday. I'm working on an owl.
    It's currently 67F, 19C. a bit of pink in the eastern sky among the early morning clouds (rained again last night, so it's wet outside). Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 79F, 26C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain
    40%.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. ☁️🌺🏵️🌂🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 20 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 31 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Breakfast today was biscuits and hot sausage gravy.

The weekend is over and work beckons.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 70F with a high of
    80F and rain off and on throughout the day.
    Today is a trip to the library and town hall to pay the water and trash bill. If the rain lets up a bit I will finish cleaning
    the bird bath fountain that I started yesterday.
    Wishing everyone a great start to the week. :)
  • parityanimal
    Scam of the Week

Pastejack Attack
    In this week’s scam, cybercriminals are trying to trick you into running malicious code using PowerShell, a powerful tool for executing commands on your computer. This technique is known as “pastejacking”, which involves copying and pasting malicious code into your computer and then allowing it to run.

This scam begins when you receive what appears to be an urgent email that contains an attachment. If you try to open the attachment, an error will display that says, “Failed to connect to the ‘OneDrive’ cloud service, to fix the error you need to update the DNS cache manually.” The message also provides a few lines of code and instructions on how to copy and paste it into a Windows PowerShell Terminal. The message urges you to take action, which is exactly what scammers want. If you follow their instructions, you will run a malicious command on your machine. The code will install malware, giving the scammers access to your personal data.

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to pastejacking:

You will never receive a legitimate email that tells you to open an attachment using PowerShell. If you receive an email instructing you to use PowerShell, immediately report it to your IT team.
    Be cautious of any emails that prompt you to take urgent action. Creating a sense of urgency is a common technique that scammers use to trick you.
    If you are unsure about the legitimacy of an email or attachment, contact your organization’s IT or security team for further instructions.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dishwasher is running. We'll see what the work day brings.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, hope all is well. Have you been getting all the rain?
    Ed, thanks for the scam alerts. I would definitely delete that one just looking at all they want me to do! Whaaat!!!!
    Jo, we pay most of our bills online. The town charges a few dollars extra for that, isn't that crazy.
    It's currently 63F, 17C, overcast. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 73F, 23C. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Glad it'll be a little cooler today.
    It's craft day, so I'll be busy. And I think I may get my car back today. 🤞🏻 Our giant sunflowers are blooming, so pretty!
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. ⛅👩🏻‍🎨🚗🌻🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 71F and cloudy and there is a cool breeze.
    Vix-our town also charges a fee to pay online. The town hall is only a 5 min. drive, so it is just as easy for me to go there
    and it saves us a few dollars.
    Ed-thanks for the scam info.
    Hi Irene.
    Today's chore was washing out the trash and recycle barrels after pick up.
    At least once a week we have someone at our door trying to sell us solar panels. I have gotten to the point that I don't
    even answer the door.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    hi all,
    been busy sorry I haven't been .
    we haven't gotten rain been to busy to get in the pool.
    I did start back on my fitness pal and been following the plan I did drop 5 pounds but still have 15 to go.
    Vix I did see you are still active I sent you a message a couple of days ago.
    Ed thanks for letting me know about the recipe
    Jo how is Sammie doing?