Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 19 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of only 28 (about 82 F) and 15% chance of precipitation. Sounds like a truly lovely day!

We'll see what the work day brings.

Dinner for Taco Tuesday wasn't tacos, but it never is as neither of us really care much for tacos, especially crunchy ones. I like the taste bet they are awkward to eat. I will sometimes get soft tacos at a restaurant. Anyway, dinner was home made Frito nachos. I warmed up some refried beans and made some white cheese sauce with jalapeños. Then spread a good layer of Frito Scoops in each plate, topped with the refried beans, then the cheese sauce, and then some good salsa from a jar. It was a tasty, filling dinner.

Breakfast was Kodiak protein French Toast sticks with a couple of sausage patties.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    good morning
    Jo, our town hall is probably only 5-10 minutes, but I'm not sure even which building it is! Duh. Most of the sales people that come to our door are pest control. It is kind of annoying.
    Irene, congrats on dropping 5 pounds. I also need to lose about 20. I didn't get your message. Oddly, my inbox is empty (even all the old mail I had is gone).
    Ed, I did leftovers last night. We had a little bit of sushi left, some roasted yellow squash, and cooked pears. Not very exciting, but it did the trick.
    I got my car back yesterday. Yay!
    I have to return some things to TJMaxx today, and may stop off at the library. That's about it. Will see what else the day brings.
    It's currently 53F, 12C. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 74F, 23C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. ⛅🌻🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning,
    our weather is so nice it was like 56 this morning.
    we got a walking pad and have it in our tv room so its really nice you just walk at your normal pace.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 20 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 3% chance of precipitation.

We'll see what the work day brings.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I love this kind of weather (50s to 70s). It's forecast to start getting warmer tomorrow for about a week. Your walking pad sounds good for when the weather isn't.
    Ed and Jo, keeping busy.
    It's currently 56F, 13C. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 77F, 25. Winds light and variable.
    I returned the things to TJ Maxx yesterday, but didn't get to the library; think I'll do that tomorrow. I baked some squash yesterday, so I'll probably make soup tonight.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning, and a haircut scheduled for the afternoon.
    Wishing all an easy going Thursday. 🌞🌤️💆🏻‍♀️💇🏻‍♀️🌻🍷🕊️
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I love this kind of weather (50s to 70s). It's forecast to start getting warmer tomorrow for about a week. Your walking pad sounds good for when the weather isn't.
    Ed and Jo, keeping busy.
    It's currently 56F, 13C. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 77F, 25. Winds light and variable.
    I returned the things to TJ Maxx yesterday, but didn't get to the library; think I'll do that tomorrow. I baked some squash yesterday, so I'll probably make soup tonight.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning, and a haircut scheduled for the afternoon.
    Wishing all an easy going Thursday. 🌞🌤️💆🏻‍♀️💇🏻‍♀️🌻🍷🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good afternoon,
    Currently 74F and sunny. It is a beautiful day. I sat on the deck and read for a while.
    Irene-Sam is doing great. She is settling in to our routine. She still goes out to do potty. She doesn't seem to know
    what to do with the litter box. Congrats on losing 5 lbs. I also have about 20 lbs. to lose. I have been losing and gaining the same
    5 lbs. for about 2 months now.
    Vix-enjoy your massage and haircut. I haven't had a massage since Covoid. The the person we use to go to moved to Colorado.
    Ed-your Frito nachos sound good.
    Enjoy the nice weather.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 17 (C) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 29 and 2% chance of precipitation.

My order from Omaha Steaks arrived yesterday. I prepared one of the burgers for my dinner, served on bread with Deluxe American cheese slices, a little ketchup and mustard, a few potato crisps on the side. Jason had some chimichangas that we already had in the freezer. Later on he had some chips and dip while working late.

Hoping for a slow work day. It's felt like a long week.

The dishwasher is running.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, so glad you got to enjoy a beautiful day, and that Sam is settling in. I'm up and down the same 5 pounds too (but for a much longer time)! Massages are always good and are a part of my physical therapy/maintenance. I'm happy with my new hairdresser. It's so hard to find one that really knows how to cut curly hair. 👩🏻‍🦱
    Hi Ed and Irene!
    It's currently 54F, 12C. Expecting sunny skies. The high will be 81F, 27C.
    Nothing special on the calendar today.
    It looks like it will be a beautiful day, so will get some time outdoors.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🌞🌻🍷🕊️
  • eku0
    good morning
    Yesterday was busy, just taking care of household chores. And we had the 2 older grandchildren here for a sleepover. Did a craft project and had some fun.
    Today will probably be a quiet day.
    It's currently 66F, 19C. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 84F, 29C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a great weekend. 🌤️🌞🍷🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited August 24
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 21 (C) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 31 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a decent day.

We have a friend flying in today so I'll be picking her up this afternoon. I need to vacuum before that, so it's my major task for this morning. I caught up on most of the cleaning already.

Dinner yesterday was pizza, after a really retro lunch of peanut butter and jam, with chips.

Breakfast was a 6 oz Omaha Steaks boneless loin pork chop, sprinkled with their steak seasoning and seared nicely in my cast iron skillet, along with some leftover pizza and a banana.

So far, I've eaten one burger and this one pork chop from my Omaha Steaks package that was delivered Thursday. I haven't touched either box of steaks as yet, but soon. And there are chicken breasts and jumbo franks untouched as well.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 76F and another gorgeous day.
    Ed-We use to get Omaha steaks. They are very good. Enjoy your visit with your friend.
    Vix-A sleepover, how fun!
    Hi Irene.
    I changed the sheets, did a load of laundry and will make a run to Petco for some cat items.
    Enjoy your weekend! :)
  • eku0
    edited August 25
    good morning
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, have fun with your friend! Funny, sometimes I get cravings for peanut butter and jam, definitely a comfort food for me. I've never tried Omaha steaks, but I've seen the ads; looks good.
    Jo, sounds like Sam is now part of the family. 😸
    It's currently 66F, 19C. Plentiful sunshine. High 88F, 31C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🌞🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited August 25
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 21 (C) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 32 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Yesterday I picked A up at the Marta train station nearest us at nearly 2:00 and we went immediately for a late lunch at Cheeseburger Bobby's, followed by a stop at Target because she wanted to buy a new suitcase. Then we bought a few groceries at Publix, stopped briefly at PetSmart because I needed some cat dental treats, and ended with a stop at Nothing Bundt Cakes to pick up some goodies. Jason was at a pool party as he was needed to help check in guests, but I had foregone this party to pick A up. I did buy a small cake at the cake store for him.

The best part of all those stops is that every stop was in the same shopping complex so we didn't have to travel all over to get everything we needed and it was just a short drive home after choosing our cakes.

We got home about 4:00 and sat around chatting for a while, then decided to have small cocktails. I invented a simple cocktail for A that was just a small glass of Lillet Blanc (a fortified white wine) with a single Luxardo Maraschino cherry dropped in. For myself a small Manhattan, made using a good rye whiskey.

Several hours later, Jason finally came home from the pool party and, having eaten nothing there, was more than ready for some dinner.

We dined at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. I had the Clay Pot fish, which was just very lightly breaded catfish pieces in a slightly sweet fish sauce, served with steamed rice and steamed broccoli on the side. It was a little aromatic, especially on first removing the cover from the pot, but that fortunately dissipated reasonably quickly.

After dinner Jason decided he wanted ice cream (even though we had cake waiting at home) so we went to Culvers for dessert. The cake is still in the refrigerator waiting but that will be fine.

Today I will probably want to pop out to Kroger at some point, for a few items I prefer to get there, but we may be able to combine that with a lunch outing.

• parityanimal
    edited August 26
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 17 (C) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 32 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dinah is in my lap, helping me by being slightly in the way. LOL.

Yesterday we went to The Flying Biscuit for lunch, and then got a few grocery items at Lidl, and on to an art supply store, then a cookie store, a cinnamon roll store, and Barnes and Noble.

For dinner, A and I ate some Omaha Steak burgers that I fried up, and J had leftovers from the Vietnamese restaurant. Breakfast this morning was a cookie and a slice of Spam.

All three of us have to work today. We'll see how that goes. Jason and I will be in our usual office spaces and A has said she'll work in the living room.

• eku0
    edited August 26
    good morning all
    Ed, sounds like you're keeping busy and having fun with your guest, enjoying your favorite restaurants, cocktails, and desserts. 😊 I brought my laptop into our morning room this morning. It's nice having a view of the back yard.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    It's getting hot again for a few days. Yesterday we went to the mall to get out and walk around for a while. Bought a couple of last minute presents.
    It's currently 65F, 18C. Variable clouds with scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly during the afternoon hours. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High around 85F, 29C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.
    Will see what today brings.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🌟🌥️☁️☂️🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Scam of the Week

You Don’t Want to Win This Phishing Prize
    When it comes to staying safe online, it usually helps to remember an old rule: “If it seems too good to be true, it usually is.” In this week’s scam, cybercriminals are trying to trick you into forgetting this simple rule by sending you phishing emails. The phishing emails say that you have an opportunity to win a prize, usually from a major organization or brand, such as Marriott, Costco, Lowes, and more. 

The emails vary slightly in their content, but they all offer you the opportunity to win a prize by simply clicking a button and providing some personal information. However, the emails were sent by cybercriminals. If you click the link, you will be directed to a webpage that they control. If you enter any personal or financial information here, the cybercriminals will be able to see it immediately. You won’t win any prize from clicking the links, but the cybercriminals will. They’ll be able to steal your data! 

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a phishing scam:

Major companies don’t usually give things away for free. Be very cautious of any unsolicited emails that offer something at no cost.
    Be very cautious when entering personal or financial information, especially after clicking a link in an email. If you need to enter your information online, make sure that you are on the organization’s official webpage.
    Look for signs of a phishing email. Most will contain a call to action, such as clicking a link in order to win a prize. If you aren’t sure about the legitimacy of an email, follow your organization’s policy for reporting suspicious emails.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 74F and sunny, scattered T storms for later in the day.
    I was up and out early to bring my car for service. I then stopped at Big Y and picked up a few groceries.
    Now to vacuum the rugs and wash the kitchen floor.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, it's good to keep up with the phishing scams. I have pretty good screening on my phone and laptop, but things still get through from time to time.
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, you are so industrious!
    I learned how to use our lawnmower yesterday, and trimmed one side of our house. (We do the yard in pieces, even though it's small). Our flowers are still going strong; a few of the sunflowers are over 10 ft tall!
    It's currently 66F, 19C. Areas of patchy fog early. Partly cloudy. High near 90F, 32C. Winds light and variable.
    It's craft day today, so I'll be busy.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🌤️👩🏻‍🎨🌻🕊️