Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 17 (C) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 34 and 2% chance of precipitation.

A and I picked up Chinese for dinner last night, and of course included food for Jason. We all have leftovers for today's lunch. I have Kung Pao chicken. It was a bit spicier than I had expected, but tasty.

Another work day beckons, and in the intervals I have laundry to fold.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    good morning all
    I finished my stained glass owl, now just have to decide where to hang it. I'll try to attach a photo.
    Today's Pete's birthday. We're pretty much stuck at home because a plumber is supposed to come and fix the shower in our basement. But I think I'll make some of his favorite cookies, and maybe do something special for dinner.
    It's currently 72F,22C. Plenty of sunshine. Hot and humid. High 96F, 36C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. 🌞🌞🌞🎂🕊️
  • eku0
    cawvq5nsa3re.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited August 28
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 21 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dinner last night was leftovers for A, as she bought enough Chinese food the other night for several meals. I had some Moroccan style chicken and potatoes from the freezer, and Jason just wanted scrambled eggs with diced hash browns, even though he has Chinese leftovers too. But he has a cold or something (tested negative for that other thing) and isn't feeling all that great. So I made him what he wanted.

Still laundry to fold. I may get to some of that today.

Nice stained glass owl!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 83F and sunny and humid. Tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler.
    Vix-Happy birthday to Pete. Nice job on the owl.
    Ed-I hope J is feeling better soon.
    Anyone have plans for Labor Day?
    Have a great day! :)

• parityanimal
    edited August 29
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected cloudy high of 35 and 41% chance of precipitation.

DragonCon is starting up in downtown Atlanta and will run all weekend, into Labor Day. We may go down tonight to pick up our prepaid passes, or we may wait until tomorrow. A is heading downtown this afternoon to meet her husband, who is flying in today, and they'll be staying in a downtown hotel.

It's looking like it might not be the greatest weather for the convention, but I'll have my disability pass to save me from havng to stand in long lines, in general, as I can't do that without some pain and the risk of my blood glucose plummeting. For some reason being upright and on my feet seems to pump up my metabolism and burn glucose way faster. The joint pain standing or walking slowly can be pretty bad too.

For years I argued to myself that there were many people who needed a disability pass more than me, but last year I realized that doesn't negate my disability, and there isn't a limit on how many people can get a disability pass. My having one doesn't keep anyone else from getting one. J came to the same realization regarding his hearing loss and last year, for the first time, got a disability pass for that, so he can sit near the front in any panel discussion and actually hear the panel.

I'm making sure Jason takes his cold medicine, particularly the cough suppressant.

Dinner last night was at a lovely Indian restaurant we were recently introduced to by a friend. Leftovers for lunch today!

Breakfast was a sausage, egg, cheese waffle sandwich. No syrup.

Well, work beckons.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, I bet there are some interesting spices in Moroccan food. I hope Jason is feeling better. There are a lot of nasty bugs going around. You have more medical issues than I realized. It's good to be able to get a pass.
    Thanks, Jo. I'm always happy when I finish a project. Our daughter, (and grandchildren) came by and ordered dinner for us to celebrate. Everyone liked the cookies. We're planning to celebrate our granddaughter's birthday on Labor Day. Her birthday is 9/4.
    Hi Irene, hope all is well.
    It's currently 77F, 25C. A quick downpour just passed through. Our giant toad was sitting in the driveway to enjoy it! Rain showers this morning with numerous thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 89F, 32C. Winds light and variable.
    I need to wrap some presents today. Also maybe get out and buy a few things for the house; will see.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. Wet one here! 🌧️⛈️☔🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited August 30
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 23 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy higfh of 33 and 37% of afternoon rain that could include some thunderstorms. We had a thunderstorm roll through last night in the early part of the evening but we weren't planning to go anywhere so it didn't matter much to us.

Vix, regarding the Moroccan food, it is spiced somewhat similarly to Persian or Mediterranean, but each country/area does seem to have its own spin on that.

Dinner for Jason last night was the last of the Indian food from the restaurant and I had some lamb saag from the freezer. We both enjoyed the last of the naan bread from the restaurant. Breakfast was oatmeal and Spam on the side.

Hoping for a reasonably slow work day and then the long weekend!

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, I suppose there are subtle differences in flavors. I buy some interesting spice mixes from time to time.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. Cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 77F,25C. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. We had lots of t-storms pass through yesterday and last night, so the ground got a good soaking.
    I got the presents wrapped yesterday. Will probably pick up a few extra things today.
    Our housecleaner is coming today, so I put the bath linens in the washer and will pop them in the dryer later.
    Wishing all an easy Friday, and a great long weekend. ☁️🌂🌻🍷🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 57F with a high of 80F, a mixture of sun and clouds.
    Ed-have a good time at DragonCon. Do you go every year?
    Vix-happy birthday to your grand daughter. What type of cookies did you make?
    Hi Irene.
    Charlie made marinara sauce and chicken cutlets yesterday. He made a huge batch, so we will eat some and freeze some for
    a later date.
    No plans for the weekend. Charlie plans to do some pruning on an old apple tree, that needs a little love.
    Have a great weekend. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, have fun at DragonCon. Sounds like a blast.
    Jo, I have a recipe for gluten free chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour. They're really good. ( I made a few without the chocolate chips for Will, he doesn't like chocolate!) Thanks for the birthday wishes for Lilly. 3 already! Chicken cutlets in marinara sounds delicious. Pete tends to cook in big batches too!
    Irene, hope all is well.
    It's currently 70F, 21C. Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy this afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 84F, 29C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    We're doing some cleaning and rearranging in the basement. That'll keep me busy! Also want to get a microwave for down there.
    Wishing all a happy long weekend! ☁️🌂🍪🍷🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited August 31
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 26 (C) sunny degrees with an expected cloudy high of 33 and 44% chance of precipitation after 2:00.

We have been going to DragonCon every year for many years now. I don't remember exactly which year was the first year we went. It was cancelled in 2020 because of the COVID lockdown, and was iffy in 2021 but did end up happening.

I try to buy a souvenir every year. I have several walking sticks I bought there, and often buy a sword cane to add to my collection, though some of them are more of a dagger cane, with a fairly short blade. They are strictly decorative. And one year I bougt a katana with a green bamboo looking sheath and handle, so an actual sword is not out of the question either, as long as it is safely sheathed.

I'll be heading downtown shortly to visit the vendor hall at DragonCon and will have lunch downtown. It's not unlikely that lunch could be from a food truck, though I may see how the prospects look in the food court at Peachtree center. There are food options in the vendor hall, and food trucks just outside of it.

Late dinner last night was from the Noodle Cafe in the food court, as we went dowtown last night to get our badges for the con, and to look around. We also met briefly with A and her husband C. Of course it wasn't as though we hadn't seen A in a while since I just drove her to the Marta train Thursday afternoon, but we hadn't seen C this trip until last night. After we got home, I fed Remus, drank a glass of electrolyte repleneshing fluid, and went to bed.

• parityanimal
    edited September 1
    I made it down to DragonCon today. Jason did not.

I actually am an ordained minister, so in lieu of a costume, I just wore my black shirt with Roman collar.

My Cosplay was supposed to be Fr. Ignatius from the series Evil, except he doesn't have a beard, so maybe a nameless priest from The Entity in that same show. I brought back this year's official dragon for Jason. Pics of my new souvenir sword cane later, once I get the rubber tip for it and assemble it.

dqahv7722vxy.png
    o1ndiy5htd7a.png
    7kvxq90sh61a.png

• eku0
    Good morning
    Ed, so many sides to you! An ordained minister. Hmmm. Have fun at DragonCon.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    It's currently 68F,20C. Rain showers this morning with overcast skies during the afternoon hours. High 84F, 29C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    We got a small microwave for the shelf that was built in to the cabinets in the basement, and I'm working on trying to do some cleaning and clearing out down there. I'm going slow. I seem to get tired, bored, frustrated and give up after a little while! Oh well, so it will take a bit longer.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. ☁️🌧️☂️🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 22 (C) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 86% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

We had some thunder and rain last night, but it was after about 9:30 and didn't ever get scary. I think it was raining when I went to bed.

I may take a rest day today. And I may be getting Jason's cold, but that's not a certainty yet. I am tired and achy from all the walking yesterday. But I do have some laundry (not the same laundry) to fold.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 73F with a high of 81F and cloudy. The humidity is 92%, yuck!
    Nothing planned for today, will see what the day brings.
    We did go to Walmart for a few things this morning.
    Have a good day!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    hi everyone hope everyone is having a great day been busy with exercising and every day stuff take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, do you not have Labor Day off? It's good to take a day off every so often, and sounds like you could use some R&R. Laundry is so easy for me, with it on the main floor, it doesn't even really seem like a chore.
    Jo, I hope you had a fun day, despite the humidity.
    Irene, it's funny, I stay busy with exercising and every day stuff too. Don't know how I ever had time for work. 😂
    I'm going to bake a small cake for Lilly's birthday today for a little celebration with just us. It should be fun.
    Got rid of some old papers and things yesterday. Lots more cleaning out to do. I think that's a never-ending process.
    It's currently 65F, 18C. Partly cloudy skies. High 76F, 24C. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Looks like temps in the 70sF, low to mid 20sC this week. That's good. I'm tired of the really hot weather.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌤️🌟🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Happy Labor Day! I have the day off, which is good since I have definitely acquired Jason's cold. He's feeling much better, and will be off to Kentucky probably today, though he still has some coughing and congestion.

I do have some fresh laundry to fold. I washed it last night, and started it in the dryer.

I may (doubtful) get out for a few groceries today but none are critical so probably not.

Sipping tea now, and will feed the cats in a few minutes.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    Happy Labor day!
    Happy Birthday Lilly
    Hi Ed ,Jo and Vix