Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 68F with a high of 77F, sunny and no humidity.
    I am doing laundry and puttering around the house.
    Vix-cleaning out is a never ending process. I have cleaned out a lot but still have a lot more to do. As I get older, I want less stuff,
    not more. Hubby is just the opposite. He hates to throw anything out. He may need it. :D
    Hi Irene-Have you been getting any pool time?
    Ed-I am sorry that you got Jason's cold. I hope you feel better soon.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    edited September 2
    As promised, this year's souvenir dual bladed vulture head sword cane, purchased in the DragonCon vending hall.

pp71zk77bhcq.png
    czq3piqsxx31.png
    7kos13ki6qg9.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 2% chance of precipitation, though I could swear I heard a raindrop earlier.

I was supposed to be at my periodontist this morning, but had to reschedule because of this cold. That's actually OK with me as I probably should not have made the appointment for right after the busy Labor Day weekend.

We'll see how long I make it at work today. I could really go back to bed right now and snooze some more. J has made it safely back to Kentucky and will be working from there for a week or two.

Dinner yesterday was just some butter and herb noodles. Breakfast today was a waffle, sausage, cheese sandwich.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene.
    Jo, I'm the one who always thinks I'll need something, so it's really hard for me to clean things out, but I don't want to have so many things I don't use anymore. Definitely a lot of it needs to go.
    Ed, nice sword and walking stick. I hope you feel better soon.
    It's currently 54F, 12C. Sunny. High 74F,23C. Winds light and variable. Feels nice to have some cooler weather.
    Craft day today.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🌞👩🏻‍🎨🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 18 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 28 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a lovely day. I could use a few grocery items but not sure if I want to get out. Maybe I'll order grocery delivery, contactless, as I am probably less than halfway through this cold.

Anyway, work beckons shortly.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, take it easy and I hope you feel better soon.
    It's currently 55F, 13C. Sun and clouds mixed. High 76F,24C. Winds light and variable.
    I have a massage appt this morning, and then I have to stop at the auto repair place. One of the pieces they fixed is loose.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day! 🌤️🌻🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 79F and sunny. I sat out on the deck and read.
    Ed-Nice cane and sword. I hope you feel better soon.
    Vix-enjoy your massage.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a good afternoon. :)

• parityanimal
    edited September 5
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (C) clear (moony?) degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dinner was an Omaha Steaks burger with cheese, potato crisps on the side. Breakfast was steel cut oats with brown sugar and cinnamon, sausage patties on the side.

We'll see what the work day brings, and whether I can make it through. Yesterday I had to lie down for an hour or so, shortly after lunch but I made up the time at the end of the day.

• eku0
    good morning
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, glad you got some time to relax and read. What are you reading now?
    Ed, I hope you're feeling better. Nice that you are working from home and can take a break and lie down when/if you need to.
    Turns out they didn't have the right clip for my car at the repair shop, so they're ordering it and will let me know when it's in. I'm glad I didn't make a special trip to get there.
    I need to exercise today. I took a few days off, and it doesn't seem to be helping my achiness. Maybe the moving will help.
    It's currently 55F,13C. Sunny. High 77F,25C. Winds light and variable. Beautiful weather, will be sure to get outside and enjoy it!
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. 🌞🌻☕🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 20 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 26 and 17% chance of precipitation.

Hopefully I'll get over this cold soon. Jason's lasted a week and a half or so and he thinks he had a bit of a relapse after driving to Kentucky. I don't have much of an appetite, but I make food anyway. Food tastes fine when I eat it and I am eating enough. Trying to avoid any greasy foods as they don't sit well.

Work beckons!

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, greasy foods never sit well with me, best to avoid them especially when not feeling well. I hope you start feeling better today.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I exercised and mowed one side and the back of our house yesterday. (Took an NSAID in the a.m., so I'm not quite as achy today.)
    Pete had to retake his EKG because they didn't do the test right, so that wasted a couple of hours getting him over there and waiting. His hernia surgery is scheduled for Monday morning. It's good that they were able to get him in so quickly.
    It's currently 60F, 16C. Mostly cloudy early, then sunshine for the afternoon. High near 80F, 27F. Winds light and variable.
    It's foggy this morning. I need to run a few errands today and do a little cleaning, nothing exciting on the agenda.
    Wishing all an easy Friday, weekend train is pulling in! 🚂🌫️🌞🌻🍷🕊️
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 63F, 17C. Rain showers this morning with some sunshine during the afternoon hours. High 72F, 22C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    Will's playing football this morning, off to go to that in a few minutes. Our son and family will also be visiting today. I'm planning to make an apple crisp when I get home.
    Wishing all a fun weekend. 🏈🌥️🌂☕🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited September 7
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 21 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 15% chance of precipitation.

The cats politely let me sleep in until 8:45 and I still haven't eaten yet, but the cats have. I will prepare some food for myself right after I finish this post.

I think grocery shopping will wait until tomorrow, if at all, and today will be a completely lazy day. It was a long work week, and this cold is still with me.

• eku0
    Jo and Charlie!!!
    05t7mj7z5z68.png
    and many more!

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Good luck to Pete for his surgery and a speedy recovery. I am currently reading Miranda James
    mysteries. Light and entertaining reading.
    Ed-Feel better soon. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids.
    Hi Irene.
    The weather has been exceptional the last few days. I have been enjoying it very much.
    I got a summons for jury duty. It is the day before I go on vacation. I am going to try and postpone to a later date.
    Today we are going to Ikea for some new bath towels. After that we are moving a Bow flex machine to one of my daughter's
    friends, who is a personnel trainer. It has been sitting in our basement collecting dust for a number of years. I think she
    will be able to put it to good use.
    Have a relaxing Sunday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning,
    Happy Anniversary Jo and Charlie.
    I have been following the diet on my fitness pal and my nutritionist and lost 8 pounds feeling really good co

me to find out I wasn't getting enough protein so started to add more and I have so much energy.
    Hi Ed Jo and Vix
  • eku0
    edited September 8
    good morning all
    Ed, hope you're feeling better.
    Jo, thanks. We'll be getting up early to go to the outpatient center tomorrow morning. Miranda James sounds familiar. I'm still exploring authors I've never read, in between old favorite authors. Good luck getting your jury duty date changed.
    Irene, congrats on your weight loss, that's great!
    It's currently 51F, 11C. Plentiful sunshine. High 72F, 22C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Another beautiful day.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🌞☕🌻🕊️

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 19 (C) fair (mostly sunny) degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 27 and 1% chance of precipitation. The cats let me sleep in until 8:00 this morning. Might get a few groceries later. My head felt a bit clearer this morning, or at least I'd like to think so, but that may just be optimism.

Biscuits and sausage shortly for breakfast. Tea is ready. Coffee later.

Belated happy anniversary, Jo! Hope all goes well with the surgery Vix.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    vix good luck with the surgery sending prayers
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 18 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dinner last night was a very cheesy twice-baked potato with a little Spam for a side meat. Not the greatest meal, but it was food. I DID get out to Kroger for a few groceries.

Breakfast this morning was a fried jumbo frank from Omaha Steaks, with couple of biscuits with a dab of butter and small bit of apricot preserves in each biscuit.

Still feeling icky, but Jason's cold lasted nearly two weeks so not unexpected.

Back to work this morning.

We'll see what's hot.