Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 17 (C) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Biscuits in the oven for breakfast.

Still coughing, but I think I am going to try not medicating much today to see how that goes.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    good morning
    Thanks all for the wishes for Pete. I think he's doing well. There is some swelling this morning.
    Ed, I hope you're feeling better soon.
    It's currently 54F, 12C. Sunny. High 82F, 28C. Winds light and variable.
    I'll be heading out to craft day today.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🌞🌻👩🏻‍🎨🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    Vix glad to hear Pete is doing good
  • parityanimal
    edited September 11
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 18 (C) clear degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 28 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Yesterday was a very long work day, and I didn't get to the kitchen untl after 7:30 to even start dinner. I also had to still take care of the litter boxes and get the bins down to the curb for today's pickup. Dinner was a quickly prepared pork chop and instant loaded mashed potatoes.

I'm trying today with no cold medicine. If it gets bad, I can alwayl start it back up.

Biscuits in the oven now for breakfast.

Glad the surgery went well.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited September 11
    Good morning all
    Thanks, Irene. Have you closed your pool yet? Seems like there might be a few more good days.
    Ed, sounds like a rough work day yesterday. I hope you're feeling better and have an easier day today.
    Hi Jo.
    It's currently 58F,14C. Mostly Sunny. High 83F, 28C. Winds light and variable.
    I worked on a couple of bluebirds in stained glass yesterday. Did some carving and painting on my clay pieces and loaded the kilns. I left early because I felt really tired.
    I have some errands to run today, and will see what else the day brings. Looks like nice weather to spend some time outdoors before it gets too hot.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. ☕🌞🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 19 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of only 22 and 80% chance of precipitation.

Yesterday we were supposed to have a demo for the big boss but fate intervened with internet and telephone outages at the home office so that didn't work out. We weren't as ready as we wanted to be anyway so that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. LOL.

We'll see what today brings.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, Irene, Jo, hope you all have a good day.
    I was able to finish getting my car fixed yesterday. I called and the part was in.
    I went to Walmart and picked up a pie pan, some eye drops, laundry detergent and dryer sheets. I looked all over for a metal pie pan and couldn't fine one. Walmart had a pyrex pan. It seems nice.
    I'll probably make pie dough today, maybe the grandchildren will make apple pie with us after school.
    It's currently 61F, 16C. Partly cloudy skies. High 81F, 27C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    It looks like a good day to enjoy the weather.
    Wishing all a cheerful Thursday. 🌞🌤️☕🌻🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 55F with a high of 83F.
    The gas company is coming to inspect our meter and gas lines. It is a state regulation. I believe they do it every few years.
    The window of time is 8-12, so I will be working around the house waiting.
    Vix-Did you make pie with the grandchildren? You know fall is coming when pies are starting to be made. We are going
    apple picking on Sunday. Our favorite, honeycrisp apples will be ready then. How is Pete feeling?
    Ed-Are you feeling any better? The internet Gods were in your favor yesterday. :)
    Irene-congrats on your weight loss. I am still struggling.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited September 13
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday the 13th!

We have 19 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 25 and 80% chance of precipitation. A little warmer in the forecast than yesterday but otherwise sounds like a carbon copy.

We had our fall/winter maintenance visit for the heater yesterday. The technician did a very thorough check and said everything looked fine. Dinah was his helper. Orion hid in the paper cave he has in the kitchen.

I am feeling, overall, better. Still some congestion and a nagging cough but today is my third day with no cough medicine. I hate taking that stuff. It makes my head all fuzzy inside and it's hard to work. I did manage, but I think I've been more productive since I stopped taking it.

Today is also the first day in a few when I didn't let myself get an extra 45 minutes of sleep.

Dinner yesterday was a pan fried chicken breast (no breading), some mashed potatoes, and a small serving of buttered peas and carrots. Breakfast was a small banana, some brown sugar maple protein packed oatmeal, and some warmed up Spam.

Vix, pie sounds great. I have a large, deep dish cast iron pie pan. I don't make a lot of pies, but the one blueberry pie I made in it was great. The crust especially.

I got a lot of testing done yesterday and will continue in that vein today unless Jason wants me to do something else. I still have more work to do on test plans in the intervals.

Actually hoping for a somewhat slow day if I can manage it.

• eku0
    edited September 13
    good morning all
    Jo, good to have the gas meters and lines checked. I think they checked ours a couple of years ago.
    Will had football last night, so I think we're going to wait until they're not busy, maybe Monday after school. I have the recipes ready. The farm we went to had a few different types of apples. I liked the Crimson Crisp they had (probably similar to Honeycrisp).
    Pete's doing ok. Still feeling some effects and taking it easy. I mowed part of the lawn yesterday, and will do the rest over the weekend.
    Ed, glad you're feeling a bit better. Good to get your heater checked now before the winter. I don't usually make pies. That's why I had to get a pan. 😂 I do like them, usually don't have all the fruit to make them. I hope you have a nice easy day.
    Irene, hope all is well.
    It's currently 63F, 17C. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 82F, 28C. Winds light and variable.
    Our housecleaner is coming this morning, and I have an acupuncture appt. An friend from work is coming this evening after work. It'll be so nice to see her.
    Wishing all an easy Friday! 🌤️🌻🍷🕊️
  • eku0
    good morning all
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Areas of patchy fog early. Mostly sunny. High 83F, 28C. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
    My friend from work woke up with a sore throat and headache, so we've postponed getting together for a couple of weeks.
    My acupuncture session was good, my house was cleaned, and I made another batch of apple sauce. I need to make one more batch today to take to my son and family when we visit tomorrow.
    Looks like it's going to be a pretty nice day to enjoy some time outdoors.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend. 🌫️🌞🌻🍷🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 21 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of only 23 and 33% chance of precipitation.

The cats let me sleep in until nearly 8:00 but then Dinah insisted it was time to get up.

Pretty good work day yesterday.

I think today will be a lazy day.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, yay for sleeping in.
    I made the applesauce yesterday and worked on my large stained glass peacock that I've been putting off working on. It's harder to repair something than to do it from scratch. I have a nice cut on my finger and more work to do. It's almost to good enough, but not quite there. I'd like it to be ready by Tuesday so I can take it in to class and make a frame for it.
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Lots of sunshine. High 81F, 27C. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
    Planning to visit our son and family today. Looking forward to that.
    Wishing all a peaceful, pleasant Sunday. 🌞☕🌻🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning,
    how's everyone doing? I went for a dexca fitness scan found out I am 3 inches shorter all my life I was 5,5 my whole life I was really surprised but getting the scan was pretty cool glad to hear I was loosing fat and not muscle . I will be going back in 3 months to see how I have improved.
    The pool is closed now we had a great summer.
    take care ED,Vix and Jo
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 22 (C) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 26 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a fine day to get my little bit of shopping done. I may clean up the house a bit too.

The cats, amazingly, let me sleep until 9:00 this morning!

Though yesterday was generally a lazy day I did make a small batch of stovetop mac and cheese for my lunch, but in the lazy theme I ordered pizza from Domino's for dinner/supper.

You can guess what I had for breakfast today, and what lunch will be too!

Jason should be coming home tonight from Kentucky.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 20 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 28 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Should be an interesting work day.

Jason decided to stay in Kentucky until next weekend, and work on the latest program instead of spending the time driving. The cats and I will be fine until he gets back.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, it's cool that they gave you all that info. I usually only get information about bone density from a Dexascan. I've shrunk 1.5 inches, but started out 3 inches shorter than you.
    Jo, I'm going to mix the pie crust today and put it in the fridge so it's ready to roll when the GCs come over after school to make the pie. Should be fun.
    Ed, glad the cats let you sleep a bit. You sound like you're feeling better. Good to have an interesting work day.
    It's currently 60F, 16C. Cloudy skies. High 76F, 24C. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
    It was fun visiting our son, daughter-in-law, and baby Maddie yesterday. She's very active, crawling all over but prefers to stand and hold hands to walk, she moves so fast! She's saying Dada and other cute baby sounds and she likes making faces. 🥰
    Haven't decided yet what I'm going to do today. May be a good day to cut the lawn, but I also want to work on my stained glass peacock, and have some other household chores to do. Will see what I feel like later.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌥️☕🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Scam of the Week

The Fake Funeral Livestream
    Unfortunately, cybercriminals will go to great lengths to try to trick you and steal your information. In this week’s scam, cybercriminals are stealing photos and personal details of recently deceased people from social media. They use these photos and personal details to create convincing comments on Facebook. When an announcement is posted about the deceased person, the cybercriminals leave a comment. The comment says that the funeral is being streamed online and that you need to click a link to watch it.

However, the funeral service isn’t actually being streamed online. If you click the link in the comment, you’ll be taken to a fake website that’s controlled by the cybercriminals. The website includes instructions to enter your credit card information so that you can supposedly watch the funeral. If you enter any information here, the cybercriminals will be able to see it immediately. You won’t actually be able to watch the funeral service online, but the cybercriminals will be able to charge your credit card!

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a fake funeral scam:

Never donate money to an online fund unless you can verify it has been set up by an official source.
    If you’re experiencing a major loss, set your social media websites to private before posting details about the deceased person. This will make it more difficult for cybercriminals to steal personal photos and information.
    Always use caution when entering financial information online. Make sure that the website you're visiting is legitimate.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 78F and sunny with a nice breeze.
    We went apple picking yesterday and today I made 4 batches of apple crisp. I froze 3 of them uncooked. I have never tried
    this before.
    Irene-I have shrunk 2 inches in height. I am now 5'4".
    Vix-good luck with the pie making.
    Ed-I am sure you are missing Jason and can't wait for him to come home.
    Thanks for the scam info. Some people have no shame.
    Sam spent the night outside. She was happy to be let in this morning. She is now sleeping on the sofa, being out all night
    tired her out.
    Have a good afternoon. :)

`
  • eku0
    edited September 17
    Good morning all
    Ed, thanks for the info. Keep us on our toes.
    Jo, we made apple crisp last week, soooo good! I hope freezing works well. I think it should. Sam has definitely adopted you! Sweet. We're all shrinking!
    We made the apple pie last night, haha, quite a production with little kids!
    I did some chores and worked on my stained glass peacock yesterday. I can't really fix it completely, so I'm taking it in today, to see what else I can do, and to frame and finish it, imperfect as it is.
    It is currently 66F, 19C. Overcast. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 77F, 25C. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday.☁️☕🌻🕊️