Slower Weight loss at 50?

1735736737738739741»

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 23 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 20% chance of precipitation.

I had a breakfasty dinner last night but Jason's stomach was a bit unhappy so he just had mashed potatoes. I went to bed while he was still eating so hope that they settled his stomach.

Another day, another dollar. Dishwasher is running, and there is laundry to fold if I get to it. I also need to unpack the new air fryer convection oven I had delivered overnight. The current one is almost three years old and is starting to have issues, along with (literally) beginning to fall apart. A bolt on the inside has come off and it would be very awkward to try to see what it came off of, but I fear it might have been one of the bolts holding the heating element on top. It still works. I baked this morning's biscuits in it. Bet the alarm noises stopped working after some power fluctiations last winter so I have to watch to tell when it's time to add food, rather than have it alert me with a chirp.

I haven't decided whether to give the old one to Goodwill or not, as they'd have to clean it up a lot and figure out where that bolt came from (if they bother to) and I'd be afraid they wouldn't and don't want to be the cause of someone having an accident if the thing falls apart further on them. I'll probably just put it in the garbage bin.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    good morning
    Ed, some of the Goodwill places used to train people to fix things, not sure if they still do. Hope J's feeling better.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    I kept busy yesterday. I cleaned the basement window sills and the inside of the windows. I had colored bottles on the sills and got rid of a bunch of them. I also went out in the yard several times killing lantern flies on our maple trees. They are terrible. Bunches of them too high up to get to. I'm just smashing them with a fly swatter. I don't want to use poison and harm the birds.
    It's currently 63F,17C, overcast. Occasional light rain tapering to a few showers late. High 67F, 19C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
    Today is craft day, so I'm off in a little while. Glass to cut, clay to shape.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. ☕☁️🌧️☂️👩🏻‍🎨🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited September 25
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 91% chance of precipitation that could include lightning and thunder. I believe this is Helene roaring in for a visit! At least she brought somewhat cooler temperatures.

I got my new air fryer convection oven set up , and after realizing how much the LED screen had faded compared to the new one, I decided that I would salvage the drip tray and cooking grids but chuck the unit. I had thought I noticed they had been getting a bit hard to read but thought maybe I just needed new glasses! If they had faded much more (and it looked like they were headed in that direction) the unit would have become unusable anyway, and I wouldn't have felt right about foisting that off on some poor Goodwill customer.

Last night's burritos and this morning's biscuits were prepared in the new oven.

I have more laundry to fold, a second large load. Some of it is folded and I'll get the rest in dribs and drabs today, I think. I had it in the dryer overnight to dry and freshened it this morning.

Another work day and I have another tricky issue that Jason will have to help debug.

Garbage and recycle bins are at the curb. Hopefully Helene will not blow them down the road.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited September 25
    good morning all
    Another gray, drizzly day. I cut some glass for a small butterfly yesterday and finished a couple of pieces for blue birds, so I can foil them at home and be ready to solder them next time. I brought home a couple of bowls, a vase, and 2 toad houses I made from clay. Started trying to make a skull for Halloween, not as easy as it should be! I'll continue next week.
    It's currently 62F,17C. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High near 70F, 21C. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    I need to take a trip to the library today, and see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. ☕🌻☔🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    hi all,
    well we are getting a little rain today but we need it here in nj. Not much is new we did do some fall decorating outside it looks good /
    Ed enjoy your new stove
    hi vix and Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It is currently 67F and overcast. It is a good day to stay in and read a book.
    Ed-enjoy your new oven. What make did you get?
    Vix-Are your clay pieces made on wheel or free hand?
    Irene-I put up a few fall decorations this week. I like fall the best out of all the seasons.
    My neighbors next door on the right are thinking of moving. They would like a bigger house. They have 2 small children and a dog.
    They are quiet and keep their property in great shape. There is only one original family, besides us that is still living on our street.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited September 27
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 19 (C) degrees with rain, and an expected rainy high of 21. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

I like the cooler weather but we're getting more rain than we need!
    Joanne3366 wrote: »

Ed-enjoy your new oven. What make did you get?

I got the Instant Pot Vortex Plus 10 quart "do-it-all" countertop air fryer convection oven. It's the same one I had before, and my original one lasted almost three years, though it was never the same after that one storm, despite having some power surge protection for the whole house. It was a bit more expensive now, of course, with inflation but still only $150.

The function buttons on the oven are:

AirFry, Roast, Broil, Bake, Re-heat, Dehydrate, Rotate, and Light (which turns on the internal light for 30 seconds or so). I'm not exactly sure how Roast is different from Bake, unless Roast automatically includes Rotate? I'm guessing that you can have AirFry AND Rotate at the same time, for using the rotating basket, but maybe Roast assumes you have something on the spit.

There are three levels you can slide the cooking trays into, though it comes with just two trays. I generally only have food on one tray at a time anyway, as I'm not cooking large quantities of food in it. Once in a while I may have something on two trays, like cheese sticks on one and quick fries on the other.

I have never used the rotisserie spit or basket, just the cooking trays. I salvaged the cooking trays and drip pan from the old one that was dying, so now I have extras, and two whole, unused sets of rotisserie accessories. I hear the rotisserie basket is supposed to be great for fries or tots, but I find they come out well on the racks and I think the basket would fling oil all over the sides, door, and heating element on top as it spins, but don't really know how fast it spins so that might not really be a problem.

It's not big enough to cook a pizza in, but we don't cook pizza as much as we used to anyway, and it works well for my needs.

2udvcpgalg7w.jpg
    I got all the laundry folded and put away yesterday. Felt a little under the weather (probably literally, as it was raining with some thunder and lightning) so just baked pizza from the freezer for our dinner. I definitely feel the weather more at my age than when I was younger!

Leftover pizza for breakfast.

Another day, another dollar so I hear work beckoning.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, rainy here too. I love Fall decorations. I put up my wreath with pumpkins and sunflowers, and I put out my ceramic pumpkins, and some Fall pottery.
    Jo, most of my clay is free hand. I occasionally use the wheel, but I'm out of practice. Fall is my favorite too. Our next door neighbors moved a couple of years ago. Our new neighbors are even nicer, very sweet with 2 young daughters.
    Ed, what an interesting cooker, all-in-one! We have an air fryer, and an instant pot, microwave, slow cooker, outdoor grill, stovetop, and 2 regular ovens. 😂 More than enough for our regular cooking needs, but that looks like a handy dandy item with several functions in one.
    It's currently 68F, 20C, drizzly. Scattered thunderstorms, especially during the afternoon hours. High 77F, 25C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    I got to the library yesterday, and picked up a few things at the grocery store.
    No special plans for today, will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. ☕🌻☔🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning
    We had rain over night. Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 75F.
    Ed- We have a Breville oven. We use it all the time. It has a lot of functions, toast, bagel, pizza, roast, broil, reheat, air fryer, dehydrator,
    warm, cookies, slow cook, reheat. It is also a convection oven.
    Vix-I enjoyed the pottery class that I took with my daughter.
    Irene-we had rain also and we really needed it. The leaves are starting to fall from the trees in my back yard.
    Today we are going to Xfinity to see if we can straighten out Charlie's email account and run a few other errands while we
    are out.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited September 27
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 22 (C) degrees and rain. The expected high is 23 but the temperature will fall first. Rain until at least 10:00 with flash flood warning until 1:15 this afternoon.

So far so good (knock on wood) here and the weather map kind of looks like the worst of Helene may have veered to the east a bit.

Hope everyone in the path is OK today!

Dinner last night was hamburger steak for me, with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy. I made a cheese omelet and some Tater Rounds for Jason.

Breakfast was sausage and biscuit sandwiches.

Joanne, I looked at the Breville when I was originally looking for a replacement for our first convection toaster oven. I loved our first convection toaster oven because it was big enough for most frozen pizzas and at the time I was cooking those fairly often. It did well enough as an air fryer, though not advertised as one. But that model was discontinued. It did take up a lot of counter space, but was worth it.

I settled on the Vortex Plus because it was less expensive than the Breville and used less power. I only have 15 Amps on that circuit and was a bit leary of using an 1800 watt oven on it.

Work beckons.

• eku0
    good morning all
    It's pretty much been rainy/drizzly for the last few days here.
    Hi Irene.
    Wow, Jo, that Breville oven seems to do everything! I'm glad you enjoyed the pottery class, did you hand build or use the wheel? They always make the wheel look easier than it is.😂 Good luck with Xfinity.
    Ed, I hope the storm doesn't hit you.
    I had an acupuncture appt this morning, and I went for the covid booster shot, so that's done. My housecleaner is here, and expecting a visit from a work friend later this afternoon.
    It's currently 71F, 22C, drizzly. Cloudy with occasional showers this afternoon. High 73F, 23C.. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. ☔🌻☕🕊️🍷
  • parityanimal
    edited September 27
    Afternoon update.

Things seem about back to normal here. The sun is even out for what looks like the remainder of the day. One co-worker in another area of town lost power, but all we had was a blink so fast that it didn't even stop the clocks on the microwave or stove, or in my coffee maker. The flood warning expires in a few minutes, and the high wind watch expired hours ago. I feel sorry for the people to the east who got what had originally been projected to hit us head on. Tomorrow is supposed to be a very pleasant day.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 18 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected overcast high of 24 and 18% chance of rain.

We lost power last night, oddly enough, long after the storm had passed. About 6:30 the power suddenly went out, and was out until about 7:45. As I wasn't sure how long it would be out I had some Spam and crackers for my dinner. Jason had been napping, so I made him some potato soup after the power came back on.

I'm glad the storm didn't ruin the weekend for us. I need to get a few things from the stores either today or tomorrow, probably today.

• eku0
    edited September 28
    good morning all
    Ed!!!
    bd0r0g4l0f23.png
    and many more!

Glad the storm missed you.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    It was fun catching up with my friend last night.
    It's currently 70F, 21C. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 81F, 27C. Winds light and variable.
    Will see what the day brings today. Wishing all a happy weekend. 🌥️🌂🍷🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    Happy Birthday ED
  • eku0
    My stained glass peacock, finally!
    a3w7qfwo7y9m.jpg
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Happy Birthday, Ed! It was good that the power wasn't out for too long.
    Vix-very nice work on the peacock.
    Hi Irene
    It is currently 58F with a high of 69F and cloudy.
    Sam caught a bunny yesterday. I took it away from her, because I was afraid she would eat it.
    She could still smell it and was looking all around the area for it. I am just glad she didn't bring it in the house.
    Nothing on the agenda for today.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning all
    Thanks, Jo. It was a lot of work trying to repair the oxidation damage from letting it sit. I'm relieved that it's done, even with all the imperfections. Sam is still a hunter. I always felt bad about those cat presents.
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, hope you had a great birthday!
    It's currently 64F, 18C. Overcast. Slight chance of a rain shower. High around 70F, 21C. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
    We spent some time with friends last night. It was fun. So good to get out every so often.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☕🌂🌻🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Vix your stain glass is beautiful great job
    we are suppose to get rain but they keep saying it for the last 3 days so far very little
    everyone enjoy your Sunday
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 19 (C) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 15% chance of precipitation.

That's a great looking peacock!

I had a nice birthday. I thought about ordering pizza for my birthday dinner, but Jason still has a sore throat. I think he'll see if he can get an appointment with his ENT this week. At any rate, I'll nag him to! So rather than pizza, we had scalloped potatoes and some baked beans. Just Kroger browns sugar hickory baked beans from a can. That one is vegetarian and pretty tasty. I didn't even spice it up at all, just heated and served.

Dessert was my favorite carrot cake, individual slices.

Today is Jason's birthday. I turned 65 (I mean 39!) yesterday and he is 50 today. So welcome to Medicare to me. Whee?

I have chocolate cake slices for his birthday and then I think we will have had enough cake for a while. LOL.

Breakfast this morning, for me, was biscuits and hot sausage gravy.

Lunch will probably be an Omaha Steaks jumbo frank, as I set a packet of four up to thaw yesterday and bought whole wheat, low carb hot dog buns when I went shopping yesterday. At 3 oz per frank, one should be enough for anyone! I have a can of chili in the cabinet, so may open that to make a chili dog and add cheese as well.

I have finished my tea, so time for coffee!