Saying NO to the talking donuts

13»

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    I'd eat all his donuts. Then maybe he will hide them next time.
  • cthulhu_diet
    cthulhu_diet Posts: 4 Member
    There use to be this commercial on tv of cookies driving in a car singing "don't you want me baby..." My husband looked over at me, and told me I looked like I was about to lunge at the television set haha.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    I'd eat all his donuts. Then maybe he will hide them next time.

Add-Facebook-Like-Button-in-Magento.jpg
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I hear ya! Monday was donuts....Tuesday and Wednesday were cookies (OMG)....today it's donuts again! Our office is like 15 people....WTH!
  • LinzNicholeV
    LinzNicholeV Posts: 133 Member
    I wish there was a 'Like' button for all these posts because most of them have either been helpful, motivating, reassuring, or just flat made me laugh (in a good way). I'm really glad I joined this site!

Luckily the donuts are gone. My hubs finished them off for breakfast this morning. We don't keep a ton of junk food normally, we'll buy fruit to snack on before we buy candy. The problem is that hubby buys fruit that comes in syrup...so there's that. However, that's not appetizing to me at all so it's not a problem saying no!

Oh and yes I drink a ton of water, I try for a gallon a day!
  • 1BrokenArrow
    1BrokenArrow Posts: 21 Member
    Sit down and make little flags out of tooth picks and paper. Write things on them like...VICTORY, or I WIN! Then, everytime you resist a temptation, stick a flag in the food item and go do a short 10 minute walk. Now, you have turned a temptation into a mini-burn and an inspirational message to yourself and those who see those flags.
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    mmm..donuts..
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    edited April 2015
    What is more important to you? Is it eating the donut, or improving your health?

If the two are mutually exclusive things, then just decide.

Some days... washing pizza down with beer is more important to me than improving my health. I don;t spend a lot of time worrying about it. I just make the decision and go from there.