From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• FHImagined
    FHImagined Posts: 145 Member
    I agree .. your looking great!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Great update congrats on the baby. Babies make everything different about life don't worry about it. One day at a time. I just had my 7th in September and I'm the smallest I've been in at least 5 years and that's not saying much!

You look fantastic!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Thanks guys, I'm not sure why the photo doesn't come up in the message! Sorry about that!! :smirk:
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    You look great. Congrats
  • mcbeanstr
    mcbeanstr Posts: 44 Member
    You look absolutely stunning. Congratulations on your transformation
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    edited June 2017
    You are my inspiration! Not only have you done this once, but twice - AMAZING!!! You are proof that this can be done! Thank you for sharing your story, all of your photos, videos and advice have been very helpful and encouraging to me! You look wonderful! Congratulations on your transformation!
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Just started doing some lifting!! It's my favorite! (not a fan of cardio but it's a necessity) any tips would be amazing!!! Congrats on the baby.
  • beccad6510
    beccad6510 Posts: 1 Member
    This is so inspiring. Thanks for posting. I just looked at your photos and post thinking, "wow, it really can be done!"
  • ttedeski
    ttedeski Posts: 4 Member
    My current weight is close to your starting weight and you are right where I want to be right now. Your pictures are so inspiring. It looks like you worked really hard to get to where you are. I hope you are proud and hold your head up high every day because you deserve it! Fantastic job!
  • GenElizabeth
    You are my inspiration! Not only have you done this once, but twice - AMAZING!!! You are proof that this can be done! Thank you for sharing your story, all of your photos, videos and advice have been very helpful and encouraging to me! You look wonderful! Congratulations on your transformation!

Thank you so much, I absolutely love this!!! I have LOVED sharing my story and have met TONS of amazing women in this journey who have helped keep me motivated also. It's been a blast, I encourage you all to go after it and I know you'll reach your goals! One day at a time.

Feel free to friend me, I do a lot of things online outside of My Fitness Pal too now that help women in their journies! Hope to talk to you soon. :smile:

• GenElizabeth
    alkight84 wrote: »
    Just started doing some lifting!! It's my favorite! (not a fan of cardio but it's a necessity) any tips would be amazing!!! Congrats on the baby.

Sounds great!! Lifting is my fave too but you knew that hehe. I'd be honored to help out in any way I can! Send me a friend request, I'd love to connect further!! Thank you! :blush:
  • ConfidentInMyJourney
    ConfidentInMyJourney Posts: 15 Member
    Wow! You look amazing and so healthy! ♥️❤️

I am 5'2" and 210 right now and this really inspires me. This is my first weight loss journey with MFP and I have never lifted before. Definitely interested! I hope to be where you are within 4 years

Cheers!
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Amazing job!!!
  • ketokathy1511
    ketokathy1511 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wow - you look amazing. I am 5ft5, 53 years old, 181 lbs and my goal is to lose 41 lbs, I would love to lift weights but find it quite intimidating, how do you lift at home? do you have loads of machines?
  • ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Nice! I have similar stats to you, but your legs are bangin'

What they said. I'm jealous. Care to share that leg routine?
  • GenElizabeth
    Wow - you look amazing. I am 5ft5, 53 years old, 181 lbs and my goal is to lose 41 lbs, I would love to lift weights but find it quite intimidating, how do you lift at home? do you have loads of machines?

Thank you @ketokathy1511

I don't have any machines at all!! I have accumulated a variety of dumbbells now but started with just 5lbers.. I use a few other peices of equipment like a barbell and a crate for step ups. Just DIVE in!!! You will LOVE what it does for your body if you give it a chance!! Would love to connect further. Best of luck! :smiley:
  • GenElizabeth
    ldwatene wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Nice! I have similar stats to you, but your legs are bangin'

What they said. I'm jealous. Care to share that leg routine?

Haha, I'd love to share! I'm on facebook more than anything these days though. Thank you for your comment.
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Wow! Amazing work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!