250lbs Lost!!! & Now Success W/ My Insurance Company!!!

13»

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    great news what a win besides being a tenacious what was the other secret was it all hinging on the PCP's documentation. If you had a less than stellar PCP with poor documentation would it have been near impossible to get coverage?

How much are they going to cover? Maybe you cant answer this all on here and I dont blame you.
  • kimthrasher
    kimthrasher Posts: 18 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss and on winning your appeal for your surgery! You're obviously a very strong and committed person. You committed to lose the weight and you did and now you have stood stong in trying to win your case for the surgery. You should be extremely proud of yourself! I only wish I had half your committement and determination. I need to lose 30 lbs and I can't even stick to that! Geez! Good for you!!!!!
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Congratulations!! I cant even imagine the willpower needed to lose that much weight. Good luck with the surgery
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    That's amazing news! Congratulations on your weight loss and success with your insurance company! Hooray!:smile:
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    That is great news, I am so pleased for you. I can only imagine how hard it would have been to go and stand there sharing your story and basically pleading for this surgery.

Congratulations on your loss, an amazing achievement and best of luck for the months ahead.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Congrats :-)
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    That is wonderful and congrats on the weight loss success!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    This is such an amazing story, thank you for sharing! I'm so glad you got the insurance to accept the documentation and approve your procedure! Would love to keep following your story! Good luck :drinker:
  • chattertess
    chattertess Posts: 45 Member
    Thats amazing :) congrats - you must feel amazing! I hope it all goes well for you.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    I don't know you from Adam. And I am often an emotionless jerk (litigation attorney...yay). But reading this made me tear up a little this morning. I even closed my door so my paralegal wouldn't see me. Great, great, great news, sir. Best wishes to you!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    BTW...I may be headed down a similar path. I started this fitness change at 400 lbs. I'm around 250 now. My first milestone (in my mind) will be when I hit 220 lbs (my "playing" weight). I'll re-evaluate from there. Thanks for setting an example. :)
  • lizamichelle1
    lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
    CONGRATS!!! You've overcome a lot, you persevered and got what you needed.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Congratulations on not one, but two successes! I imagine you'll be so much more comfortable after you recover from the surgery. May you heal quickly and continue to enjoy your "new life".
  • Jedil
    Jedil Posts: 62
    That is great news! Absolutely amazing achievement with a much deserved reward!
  • Peazwithin
    Peazwithin Posts: 41 Member
    Congrats on your approval and on your WL success! I pray you have a swift and speedy recovery!
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Congratulations and best wishes for a successful surgery. You will probably feel good as brand new afterward.:smile:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Congratulations on both your loss and your victory! :flowerforyou: Best of luck with it all!
  • MrsJ1105
    MrsJ1105 Posts: 34 Member
    Congratulations on your WL AND with the insurance company, that is AMAZING. I pray you have a fast, uneventful recovery :flowerforyou:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Oh well done!

That will be such a morale booster on top of an already fantastic weight loss journey!

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!