Friday Toddler Question

2»

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You say

You're right, I'm not eating enough...I'm going to eat your nose / tummy / hand and you make big chomping noises as you grab him and tickle him and plant smoochy kisses all over him saying in a deep voice "imma gonna eat you all up...omnomnom"

Because you're his mum

And that's what mums do

I dunno, I get enough looks being a heathen, I think if I add baby eating into the mix I'll tip over into all out evil.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Where is he getting all these sandwiches? :D
    Maybe get some play food to pretend to eat?

It has been a long time since the toddler years here and pretending to eat or drink dd's creations.
    Happy Friday!

Ok, so.
    Sandwich1: hummus on whole wheat, cut in 4...rejected

Sandwich2: hummus on whole wheat cut in 2....rejected

Sandwich3: hummus and spinach wrap...rejected

Sandwich4: hummus with cheese....rejected

Sandwich5: hummus with cheese on the purple plate cause purple is the best color....accepted

Note: this is hyperbole, but damn if it doesn't feel this way sometimes!

Purple is totally the best color. :)

This is a normal toddler stage...it probably doesn't have anything to do with your diet/weight loss.

Ha! No worries, I didn't think it did! I just find it hilarious that he's the one person who wouldn't stop trying to feed me!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    You say

You're right, I'm not eating enough...I'm going to eat your nose / tummy / hand and you make big chomping noises as you grab him and tickle him and plant smoochy kisses all over him saying in a deep voice "imma gonna eat you all up...omnomnom"

Because you're his mum

And that's what mums do

I dunno, I get enough looks being a heathen, I think if I add baby eating into the mix I'll tip over into all out evil.

Babies must be chomped

Otherwise why make them so chubby and delicious?

:gavel: :bigsmile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Give it to your SO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    That little brat is jealous of your weight loss, so he's trying to sabotage your diet so you won't look better than him. It happens all the time, people don't want to put in the work to lose weight. They just want a magic pill, so they keep trying all these fad diets and then giving up and putting all the weight back on. When they see someone who is being successful they get jealous and try to sabotage. I've seen it a million times.

Happy Friday, Jersey!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    edited May 2015
    Obviously his 35lb self is jealous that I've lost more weight than he weighs.

He never could control himself around ice cream
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    So, I just make more of what I'm eating than I need and let my 2yo share my plate. It gets him to eat way more veggies (because no cookie can beat Mom's broccoli), wastes less food since he is determined to eat like Mom, and it keeps me from eating 3/4 of what I would have made for him because it was going to go to waste. I just set the plate between us on the table so it is kind of communal, and if he decides to feed me it is just the food I was going to eat anyways. I could see this not working so well if you have more than one kid, but it works well for us.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    My 2 year old is a little piggy. She never tries to share food, unless it's with the dog
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    You say

Because you're his mum

And that's what mums do

This makes me smile.