Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Considering the fluff that makes up most television programs these days, why are you holding the MFP programmers to a different standard?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    What passes for programming these days is a bit of a joke, isn't it?
    Aren't I particularly annoyed, as a retired computer programmer, when I come across what strikes me as mediocre programming at best? Aren't I particularly annoyed by the programmed controllers for signal lights and elevators, having designed controllers for both during my days in college decades ago? Don't I think the world would be a better place if my controllers controlled those mechanized devices? While I am normally a fairly law-abiding citizen, don't I consider traffic lights, in the absence of witnesses, to be merely a suggestion?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    Aren't Frank's questions too complex for me to answer?

Also (maybe silly question :* ) doesnt this time stamping and hovering thing only tell you when the person posted it in your own (ie the reader's) time?

So I might see that somebody posted at 8:45 am my time but that doesn't tell me what time it was for them on other side of the world?
  • frankwbrown
    edited February 2023
    Aren't you right about that, i.e. when times are displayed, they're displayed as your time zone rather than that of the poster? Wouldn't it be even more confusing if the posters time zone was used?
  • Mtn_hikin
    Mtn_hikin Posts: 1,087 Member
    Am I not confused enough already?
  • frankwbrown
    Since at the moment I'm not exercising much, aren't I making some noise with mfp re: some existing bugs?
  • frankwbrown
    edited February 2023
    Could someone do me a favor/favour? Could you click on the bell in the upper right corner next to your profile pic, and make a note of what you see in the dropdown pertaining to this discussion?
    Don't I see this message: "There are 775 new comments on discussion: Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?"
    When I click on that link, doesn't it take me to a comment that was posted back in December 2022 on page 4840 (rather than the current page 4893)?
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,679 Member
    Didn't I get only 49, but isn't that still odd because I think I was uptodate and it shoulda only listed you?
    d7jokom7gsf0.png
  • frankwbrown
    If you click on that message, what page/comment does it take you to?
  • PaulaKro
    Would that be page 4859?
    wtixrcv2wqne.png
  • frankwbrown
    Could that possibly be around the time you first found this discussion?
  • Mtn_hikin
    Mmmm doesn’t bacon sound good right now.
  • PaulaKro

I'm not sure, but maybe quite possibly?
  • frankwbrown
    PaulaKro wrote: »

I'm not sure, but maybe quite possibly?

IF you don't mind me asking, are you using a computer or a cell phone? Windows, Apple, iPhone, Android,...?
  • PaulaKro
    Mac laptop?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,414 Member
    Did someone say bacon?? 🤤

@frankwbrown, when I select the bell on my iPhone don’t I just see where I’m mentioned and it takes me right to the mention which most recently happened this morning in the thread?
  • frankwbrown
    There are numerous options under Edit Profile.. Notification Preferences that determine what notifications appear when you click on the bell, right?
    Wouldn't the bug I'm looking at not occur when the notification is about a specific comment, such as one where you are mentioned?

• Mtn_hikin
    Isn’t my app a big dumpster fire?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,643 Member
    Isn't my sleep schedule sometimes a big dumpster fire?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,414 Member
    Is it getting hot in here? 🥵