Recomposition: Maintaining weight while losing fat

Replies

• janicethitran
    janicethitran Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi there! Some people directed me to this thread so hopefully you guys can help me with below:

I eat pretty healthy and exercise regularly (5-6x weekly), mainly HIT, cardio, strength classes that involve heavy weights with low reps at equinox. I can feel my abs, but don’t know what’s the best way to trim the fat so I can actually see them.

Is there something I can do as a starting point to work towards this goal?

I’m 5’3 and weigh around 103-105 (it fluctuates).
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Thank you so much, @mom23mangos ! :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    stdyh4nd wrote: »
    Quick update on 3 month resuslts. Probably would have done better if I scanned pre Thanksgiving but this is more accurate to life. Enjoy:

Dexa

eavv2yba7yd1.jpeg

Lost 4.5 lbs of fat
    Gained 5.1 lbs of muscle
    Reduced bf by 3% from 19.9 to 16.9
    Total weight gain of .7 lbs I imagine due to fluids I drank in the morning

Progress Photos

vaedqhjrgub5.jpeg

Shoulders, clavicle, arms very noticeable. Lost a lot of fat in my legs, hips and glute.

Pretty stoked so far. Again this is 3 months of training 3x a week with no supplements - just food. Intermittent fasting and carb cycling.

@stdyh4nd Nice!!

Have you still been in a deficit in this period?
  • lorebb1
    lorebb1 Posts: 4 Member
    Following ! I’m about to start my fat % loss / getting fit routine. My starting numbers are 5’7 , 146, 34% fat ( yikes ) My goal for this year is to be in the 20’S % fat and show some definition. So I think i need to start My macros with : 260g carbs - 120g protein - 55g fat Give and take . Moderate excercise with Weights, some cardio, and yoga : ). I’m always learning, suggestions and corrections are always welcome !
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    bump--a good one
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    I’ve been recomping for about 12 months now. Bodyweight has stayed within a tight range the whole time.
    16 months ago I had an Inbody scan and was 8.5% body fat.
    I probably got up to about 10% 12 months ago though.
    Only started tracking calories 6 months ago and that’s when the magic happened.
    I’ve noticed myself gradually getting leaner and very slowly dropping weight.

Just got scanned again tonight.
    Total bodyweight is down 4lbs, but muscle mass is up almost 1lbs.
    The most surprising figure is that my body fat is now down to just 5.4% from 8.5%.

I’m 43 years old now and do regular weight training and sprinting.

You must get cold very easily :tongue:
  • bling_7
    bling_7 Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2019
    Dvdgzz wrote: »
    May 1st 2018 193 pounds
    lwe2lsg1jxmp.jpg
    Sept 14 2018 180.6 pounds
    77ognw9r4v6a.png
    Jan 31st 2019 184.2 pounds
    w5wkfxadtz51.png

Pretty happy with the changes. Averaging 3500 calories now. Average of 176 protein grams per day.

@Dvdgzz
    Well done! I am curious how many days a week are you lifting? How many cardio days if any? What are your macros and calorie intake? I am just getting started on my recomp journey so appreciate the feedback. Very encouraging!
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    bling_7 wrote: »
    [
    @Dvdgzz
    Well done! I am curious how many days a week are you lifting? How many cardio days if any? What are your macros and calorie intake? I am just getting started on my recomp journey so appreciate the feedback. Very encouraging!

Fat: 126.62g, Protein: 174.64g, Carbs: 477.21g 3644 calories. This has been my daily average for months. I get my fiber and vitamin targets on a flexible diet. Includes daily pizza, cheeseburger, ice cream etc.

I lift every day. Sometimes I take a rest day, maybe 2 per month. 2-hour sessions and sometimes two a days. I sit on a recumbent bike at work and use that off and on when I remember to pedal. So a lot of LISS but super low intensity.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Let's bump this up!