Recomposition: Maintaining weight while losing fat

1120121122123125

Replies

  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 960 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    No sure how many watch Bret Contreras, but this is a great video.




    Thanks for posting! I'd heard about this today since I'm a BBB member, but hadn't gotten the chance to watch it yet.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    @psuLemon Thanks so much for posting! I have been at a bit of a crossroads with my training and nutrition and that has really helped give me a sense of direction.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 402 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    No sure how many watch Bret Contreras, but this is a great video.




    Awesome, thank you. At this point I'm kind of tentatively wandering through some of the recommended resources, feeling a bit intimidated and trying not to overwhelm myself. And lifting some heavy-to-me stuff while doing so.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,137 MFP Moderator
    Not problem. I love his videos. I started following him to help my wife, but i find it overall content very good.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,188 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Not problem. I love his videos. I started following him to help my wife, but i find it overall content very good.

    Thanks for the post, similarly started following him to advise the Mrs. but had never watched a video with him... he sounds like Norm McDonald, which I wasn't expecting.
  • carlolocicero
    carlolocicero Posts: 1 Member
    question, in recomp should you be replacing calories burned after work outs or just stay at slightly under maintenance. newbie
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 402 Member
    So question: can I realistically get anywhere in terms of recomp sticking to light weights? I get that it'll take longer, but is it even possible? As of today there's a cap on how much I'm allowed to lift, for medical reasons. It's not much, and it's permanent. I was kind of expecting it but I'm still disappointed.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 402 Member
    Makes sense. Thanks!
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 915 Member
    Hey all!

    So I have been with MFP a long time ago. Was dedicated and all then fell off the wagon.

    Now I have decided to get back into the swing of things but with a different mindset. Before, my goal was to lose weight which it still kind of is. However this time, I’m focusing more strength training.

    Now with strength training, I know the eating habits are alittle different.

    So right now the goal is to get stronger. So any tips on where to go with the calorie intake and stuff would be greatly appreciated.

    I am 5’8 210. Drinking water is easy as I drink a gallon a day(due to kidney stone-oxalate incident)

    Much appreciated in advance.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,841 Member
    raven56706 wrote: »
    Hey all!

    So I have been with MFP a long time ago. Was dedicated and all then fell off the wagon.

    Now I have decided to get back into the swing of things but with a different mindset. Before, my goal was to lose weight which it still kind of is. However this time, I’m focusing more strength training.

    Now with strength training, I know the eating habits are alittle different.

    So right now the goal is to get stronger. So any tips on where to go with the calorie intake and stuff would be greatly appreciated.

    I am 5’8 210. Drinking water is easy as I drink a gallon a day(due to kidney stone-oxalate incident)

    Much appreciated in advance.

    Go up a few posts and watch the video, should be very useful recap to what is contained in these 125 pages of posts.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 915 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    raven56706 wrote: »
    Hey all!

    So I have been with MFP a long time ago. Was dedicated and all then fell off the wagon.

    Now I have decided to get back into the swing of things but with a different mindset. Before, my goal was to lose weight which it still kind of is. However this time, I’m focusing more strength training.

    Now with strength training, I know the eating habits are alittle different.

    So right now the goal is to get stronger. So any tips on where to go with the calorie intake and stuff would be greatly appreciated.

    I am 5’8 210. Drinking water is easy as I drink a gallon a day(due to kidney stone-oxalate incident)

    Much appreciated in advance.

    Go up a few posts and watch the video, should be very useful recap to what is contained in these 125 pages of posts.

    thank you
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 973 Member
    Bump
  • smithcharesa
    smithcharesa Posts: 1 Member
    Hello guys! I'm a mother of two. I have had two C-sections, soooo i have a mom belly. My question is, is their anyway I can just lost my belly and not everything else. I have a nice shape, it's just this belly in the way helppppp
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @smithcharesa you may have diastasis rectii. It is common in women who have been pregnant. There are many online exercise programs available, though some people will require surgery. BodyfitbyAmy has some good youtube exercise videos for this.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,137 MFP Moderator
    Hello guys! I'm a mother of two. I have had two C-sections, soooo i have a mom belly. My question is, is their anyway I can just lost my belly and not everything else. I have a nice shape, it's just this belly in the way helppppp

    No, you can't target body fat. Your body will lose fat based on genetic disposition.