Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    I'm starting my recomp today :)
  • Morgaen73
    sijomial wrote: »
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    I'm starting my recomp today :)
    @Morgaen73

Get your tape measure out so you can track changes, progress pictures too as changes can be subtle.

I wish I had tracked progress more scientifically rather than just by feel, mirror and fit of shirts...

Good luck - enjoy the ride!

I made the mistake of not taking progress pics on my weight loss journey lol learned from that. I took pics yesterday and i will do a skin-fold test every month to measure progress. Oh and take pics of course.

Thank you very much :)
  • JoT2013
    JoT2013 Posts: 55 Member
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Book marking for myself. I think I've finally read all of it and thanks all for starting and contributing to this awesome thread. I've learned a lot.
  • AutumnRed84
    AutumnRed84 Posts: 26 Member
    Great information! Saving for later.
  • Morgaen73
    I have a question, which is probably stupid but here goes.

If I overindulge, how do I correct it? When loosing it is easy, because i know I can lose whatever I pick up over the next to weeks but in maintenance ...

I have no idea how to deal with this lol
  • Morgaen73

If I overindulge, how do I correct it? When loosing it is easy, because i know I can lose whatever I pick up over the next to weeks but in maintenance ...

I would say there are 3 options;

-adjust calories the next day
    -exercise more before/after
    -Say f**k it and move on

lol I like option 3 :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I say *kitten* it and move on...one day isn't going to make or break you - its a trend over time - but at the same time, log everything, so that way you have record of what you ate and you can use it for continued trends analysis
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator

I would say there are 3 options;

-adjust calories the next day
    -exercise more before/after
    -Say f**k it and move on

lol I like option 3 :)

Also keep in mind, that some days you will eat less. It all should balance out.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    How long does it take to see progress as a "beginner"? I planned to lose 15 and I'm down 10. I never took a 'before' picture but I might do one now. I can't wait to get rid of my squishy belly pillow.
  • Morgaen73
    SCoil123 wrote: »

I did this yesterday when I took my son out for a treat before he left on a trip, but I was under 2 days earlier in the week. If I adjust for another 200 calories today I'm still 100% on plan. And for InNOut it was worth it.

Thank you very much :)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Alright, I have some comparison photos. I did some unintentional recomp at 200 pounds because I was not motivated to cut. The photo is March 2016 to March 2017, both are exactly 200 pounds. During that time frame I rarely logged food and if I did it wasn't really accurate (more about getting protein). I followed programming similar to PHAT and PHUL with an extra/modified day for delts because mine don't grow.

And yes, I have cellulite as well as stretch marks.

Holy crap - your trap muscles!