What do we want to acheive today?

Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,088 Member
    He makes a good point Mac. Weight is a poor indicator of on-going effort. Play the long game.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,527 Member
    Farback wrote: »
    He makes a good point Mac. Weight is a poor indicator of on-going effort. Play the long game.

Agreed, absolutely… I don't prioritize the scale anymore. I still wish I understood why it's so easy to be self-critical and so hard to be self-compassionate. Eventually the pshrink and I will sort it out. :smiley:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Yesterday's Barre class was taught by a sub and everyone has a different style did a lot of chest flies, even with light weights, I'm feeling it the next day !!!!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    I've been really off my game plan lately between the wedding and work and the time change. My goal today is get the house cleaned up finally from the wedding, as I still have things that need to be gone through and taken to my daughter's house or put away here, and then finish up a work project. Tomorrow I'll head to the gym....finally!

Hopefully next week will see an end to Physical Therapy and then I'll have the time and energy to get back to my normal routine. I'm still having issues with my shoulder but I think I can do the exercises on my own, some at the gym, and hopefully it'll eventually get better????
  • Farback
    luluinca wrote: »
    I've been really off my game plan lately between the wedding and work and the time change. My goal today is get the house cleaned up finally from the wedding, as I still have things that need to be gone through and taken to my daughter's house or put away here, and then finish up a work project. Tomorrow I'll head to the gym....finally!

Hopefully next week will see an end to Physical Therapy and then I'll have the time and energy to get back to my normal routine. I'm still having issues with my shoulder but I think I can do the exercises on my own, some at the gym, and hopefully it'll eventually get better????

Stick with it. I've recovered from rotator problems and shoulder limitations by going slow and increasing the weights as possible, not forcing myself to 'x' amount increase each workout . I'm a bit younger, 60 in May, but I'm twice as strong as when I started on the weights again after the alleged near death thingy in 2012. I really recommend startingstrength.com as a resource. A couple of the affiliates are about to publish a book aimed at older lifters.

• luluinca
    edited March 2016
    Farback wrote: »
    luluinca wrote: »

Stick with it. I've recovered from rotator problems and shoulder limitations by going slow and increasing the weights as possible, not forcing myself to 'x' amount increase each workout . I'm a bit younger, 60 in May, but I'm twice as strong as when I started on the weights again after the alleged near death thingy in 2012. I really recommend startingstrength.com as a resource. A couple of the affiliates are about to publish a book aimed at older lifters.

Thanks farback, I made it to the gym this morning and had a good workout. I'm trying to be patient, really I am. My therapist is afraid to let me go this week because he thinks I'll try to overdo it but I won't. Slow and light, I'm doing a combination of 3 sets of 10, consecutively, of underhand, pistol and overhand bicep curls with only 5 lbs, that's taking it slow......and it's embarrassing. :# I'm also doing some light weight cable stuff, pulldowns, pullbacks etc and lots of warm up stuff. It's gotten better but still hurts like hell when I go in certain directions. I've also worked my way back down to bench pushups from wall pushups.......LOL

Anyway, I will persevere and my leg press is killing it in the meantime......I'll hit 500 this week!

Thanks for the encouragement........I'm not a quitter! I'll check out startingstrength.com......thanks!

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,527 Member
    Sometimes it takes an "alleged near death thingy" to kick things into perspective. I don't know about you guys but I'm so much better off now that I've taken back control of my life and began rebuilding me.
  • MostlyWater
    I've been keeping on .. doing my Barre workouts three times a week, Deep Extreme once a week, and doing some elliptical and band work for my ankle - which is not getting better quickly at all. It's not worse, though .....
  • luluinca
    Today, since I went to bed last night with a sore throat and stuffy nose I'm just resting although I don't feel too bad. Maybe I'll nip this thing in the bud.

Doc says 8 more weeks of therapy on the shoulder. It could be worse I guess. I asked my husband to buy me a set of low weight dumbbells for my birthday so I can do the rehab stuff at home. I already do some of it here but I don't have 1 to 10 lb weights..........LOL

• BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Today I'm going 10k Steps.. 30 mins spin
  • MostlyWater
    Ditched Barre workouts for MetCon3, the weights workouts that I liked before I fell. And instead of DE I'm doing Spin. So far, so good !
  • cnurenasue
    cnurenasue Posts: 22 Member
    Today I'm going to cut down on carbs and increase protein and walk 12000 steps.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,227 Member
    Get my steps in and go to gym.
  • MostlyWater
    I'm just happy to be in the gym 6 days a week, doing weights and spin!
  • BBee5064
    cnurenasue wrote: »
    Today I'm going to cut down on carbs and increase protein and walk 12000 steps.

How did you do?
  • BBee5064
    Need to get back to sensible eating after all my celebrations'
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,227 Member
    I brought small free weights to work. Hope to use them between patients.
  • BBee5064
    got a new fitbit blaze this week, LOVING IT... SO 10K+ Steps today
  • ewrook
    ewrook Posts: 90 Member
    Meditate, go jogging, take first golf lesson (ever!) and stay awake for symphony tonight.
  • Farback
    Back on two wheels.

zx5n6m7eunza.jpeg