What do we want to acheive today?

Replies

• chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    luluinca wrote: »
    It's interesting reading the challenges and progressions we all had getting to this point.
    RodaRose wrote: »
    I have had to learn "activity" as an adult . . . . still "learning."

It is remarkable how we all got here and where we have come from. And I am glad to hear about others who have had to reinvent themselves to get where they are now. Surprisingly, I was the most active one in my family....but also put on restrictive diets as a kid because I was overweight for my height. Mom was not Southern, but a lady none the less, and ladies do not sweat. So I was taught how to be a gracious hostess and take care of the house. Ugh...I've left those skills in the dust! Hahaha!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Today, I want to catch up on everything from being out of town all week. B)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    marekdds wrote: »
    My goal is to not binge tonight. Last night was awful. Personal issues that overeating doesn't help, but I did anyway. At least, unlike the past, I went for a jog, to cancel the overage, if not the negative "nutrition". Chocolate is good for you, right?

I guess we're all learning! Hang in there and I hope things improve soon! And yes, I've heard that chocolate and red wine are good for us! Not sure about the ginger beer though......LOLOLOL
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,527 Member
    Chocolate is good for you, right?
    Yes, it is... and I'm sticking to that story...
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited April 2016
    Not sure about the ginger beer though......LOLOLOL

Yes, it is... and I'm sticking to that story... too...
  • luluinca
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Not sure about the ginger beer though......LOLOLOL

Yes, it is... and I'm sticking to that story... too...

Oh good, we all needed to hear that!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    UncleMac wrote: »
    My mother is sedentary and is now Type II diabetic as a result of obesity... although she claims it is as a result of having "big babies" (I guess that would be me) and not her girth.

At some point, we can't claim it's baby weight anymore.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac wrote: »
    My mother is sedentary and is now Type II diabetic as a result of obesity... although she claims it is as a result of having "big babies" (I guess that would be me) and not her girth.

At some point, we can't claim it's baby weight anymore.

I agree. My mother is 77 so I don't think I'm going to try to persuade her others.

Ironically, my younger sister who is sedentary & obese recently developed Type II diabetes as well. She had twins... and claims the burden of bearing twins caused her diabetes.
  • MostlyWater
    I don't doubt that pregnancy causes weight gain and how practically impossible it is to lose and keep off. It's just that people's health are so at risk !!!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,227 Member
    Had four children, lost all the baby weight soon after first three. Fourth one, got very lazy and got fat, doubt it had anything to do with the baby. Got smart at 59, (slow learner), approaching 64th birthday in about a week. Been more or less fit for 4+ years. Pregnancy is just another excuse.
  • UncleMac
    I don't doubt that pregnancy causes weight gain and how practically impossible it is to lose and keep off. It's just that people's health are so at risk !!!!

Agreed. When the little ones require constant care, it's hard to make time for oneself... sleep deprivation doesn't help... That being said, once they're in a good routine, what's the excuse then?
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Had four children, lost all the baby weight soon after first three. Fourth one, got very lazy and got fat, doubt it had anything to do with the baby. Got smart at 59, (slow learner), approaching 64th birthday in about a week. Been more or less fit for 4+ years. Pregnancy is just another excuse.

WTG Jen
  • BBee5064
    I also had 3 pregnancies one after the other. I sadly miscarried my first. I went from 8.13 to 14.3 in 3 years. After my third baby I just got tired. My energy levels were rubbish. But looking back now. I wish I had the foresight to see that a good diet with some exercise would have given me more energy. It's at age 52 that I eventually find I'm at last educated! Better late than never
  • BBee5064
    Today I'm going to think " I will not eat rubbish"
    I've had a lot of that these past few weeks, got on the scales & a 3lb Weight gain ☹️. So I'm determined to get that off!! Even with all my spinning & gym work.. Just goes to show.. It's 90% what we eat.. 10% exercise
  • UncleMac

I'm not sure at what point my mother "blossomed" but I think it was after my youngest sister... coincidentally the one who had twins +18 years ago and likewise "blossomed". It takes a certain amount of cognitive dissonance to be obese and diabetic yet blame it on childbearing in previous decades.

At one point, my mother told me (with outrage in her voice) that her doctor said she was digging her grave with a fork & spoon. I asked if she was going to do anything about it. She said why bother at this point... As far as I'm concerned, therein lies the root of the problem.
  • UncleMac
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    Today I'm going to think " I will not eat rubbish"
    I've had a lot of that these past few weeks, got on the scales & a 3lb Weight gain ☹️. So I'm determined to get that off!! Even with all my spinning & gym work.. Just goes to show.. It's 90% what we eat.. 10% exercise

My dietitian says 80% dietary habits, 10% activity and 10% genetics. I'm built for power and a strict diet won't change that.
  • luluinca
    Planned on a trip to the gym this morning but couldn't quite muster the energy for it after a pretty sleepless night. Not too worried about calories right now but I am trying to get more steps in everyday. I've lost another couple of pounds and so I've finally decided I'm really not a stress eater......LOL. I really need to get up to a maintenance number but haven't really felt like piling the food on my plate yet.

Today, I just want to get my desk cleared off of pressing paperwork and start doing some cleaning and organizing in the warehouse. Neither one is nearly as much fun as going to the gym though!
  • MostlyWater
    Today was MetCon3 and I left the house early enough to go on the elliptical first, but man plans and God laughs, right?

• UncleMac
    Today was MetCon3 and I left the house early enough to go on the elliptical first, but man plans and God laughs, right?

It's proof God has a sense of humour...
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I want to stay the course and hit two weeks on my plan after 2 months of back and forth messing up. This was day 3. Tomorrow I go back on the scale to face up to the damage done and will go forward from there. I'm guessing 15-20 pounds gained back from a 130 pound total. We'll see. No matter what it is, I plan to deal with it and no more excuses.