• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Rofl it would not take an entire city, that's for sure

For real. Usually it's like.. one person. :(

A mirror or a memory

I've gone out of my way to block most memories and shun most mirrors. :lol:

...... how do you feel about direct sunlight and a crucifix ?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Rofl it would not take an entire city, that's for sure

For real. Usually it's like.. one person. :(

A mirror or a memory

I've gone out of my way to block most memories and shun most mirrors. :lol:

...... how do you feel about direct sunlight and a crucifix ?

I hide out in my house like a bat and am non-religious? :lol:

• chewbaccasbro
    chewbaccasbro Posts: 12 Member
    depends on where you go in LA and where you hang out.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited January 2020
    i just came back from LA and my self esteem is at rock bottom
    i see why people go crazy living there..... you cant go anywhere without seeing someone who looks like a perfect 10
    and theyre not even a big deal..... just another starving artist trying to get to the top
    say what you want but when most of us see attractive people we go to the drawing board to see how we can better our own looks
    today i got a haircut, laid out to tan, and will not take a rest day from gym for the foreseeable future
    not saying looks are everything but THIS VESSEL WILL LOOK THE BEST THAT IT CAN

If you’re talking the beauty standards from the rich people from LA, the Kim Ks ect..

I can never feel that way towards people like that, who have had surgery, fillers etc. I don’t feel less then if anything I have a bit of a superiority complex.

I feel like everyone in LA is trying to look exotic, on the Hispanic, middle eastern, mixed with something side- Kylie Jenner for example.
    jzljmw8dv5t9.jpeg
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    i see why people go crazy living there..... you cant go anywhere without seeing someone who looks like a perfect 10
    and theyre not even a big deal..... just another starving artist trying to get to the top
    say what you want but when most of us see attractive people we go to the drawing board to see how we can better our own looks
    today i got a haircut, laid out to tan, and will not take a rest day from gym for the foreseeable future

If you’re talking the beauty standards from the rich people from LA, the Kim Ks ect..

I can never feel that way towards people like that, who have had surgery, fillers etc. I don’t feel less then if anything I have a bit of a superiority complex.

I feel like everyone in LA is trying to look exotic, on the Hispanic, middle eastern, mixed with something side- Kylie Jenner for example.
    jzljmw8dv5t9.jpeg

There are a lot of Latinos, middle easterners, and multi racial people. How does one *try* to look exotic?
  • KosmosKitten

jzljmw8dv5t9.jpeg

I know next to nothing about the Jenners. Are these both photos of the same person??

Also, what you're talking about (trying to look exotic), isn't that a kind of fetishizing cultures and races that aren't ones' own? Kinda seems, I dunno.. icky.
  • vanityy99
    nooshi713 wrote: »

jzljmw8dv5t9.jpeg

There are a lot of Latinos, middle easterners, and multi racial people. How does one *try* to look exotic?

Yes there are a lot of multi racial ppl in LA. Im sayingthe beauty standard from what I’ve experienced and seen in certain parts of LA- there is particular group of people ( I have an example- Kylie Jenner who are trying to look anything but themselves.

• vanityy99

jzljmw8dv5t9.jpeg

I know next to nothing about the Jenners. Are these both photos of the same person??

Also, what you're talking about (trying to look exotic), isn't that a kind of fetishizing cultures and races that aren't ones' own? Kinda seems, I dunno.. icky.

Yes they are the same person.

That’s where your mind goes when you think of the word exotic? Fetishizing...
    I don’t get it.

Next.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Never change, internet. You’re as predictable as the sunrise. Rofl.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Step one, get more physically fit and confident. Step two, shrink to size 8 to draw them in. Step three, tell a guy that I can squat him...I usually get a phone call the next day :)

It's much easier to make a lasting impression on a male:
    Show up naked and bring beer ...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Never change, internet. You’re as predictable as the sunrise. Rofl.

Seriously. What an odd thread to bump. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤔 :laugh:
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited January 2020
    I never felt ugly anywhere, but I also don't physically compare myself to others whenever I enter a room.

But, I have felt rather poor when living in SoCal (L.A. & San Diego) & other places for that matter. But, then it's my issue, cuz I'm comparing my fiances to others.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    L.A. touched me in my no-no spot without consent.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    When you live here, it is hard to move because you get used to the weather. I can’t tolerate anything colder than 70 for more than short periods.
  • KosmosKitten
    edited January 2020
    When you live here, it is hard to move because you get used to the weather. I can’t tolerate anything colder than 70 for more than short periods.

Can confirm. Used to live in that area and now live somewhere else that while, is usually 70 degrees or warmer, is still kinda cold in the winter and I'm freezing.

It's currently 70 degrees in my home (with the heater), and I'm still cold! I live in hoodies and jackets indoors now. :lol:
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member

Can confirm. Used to live in that area and now live somewhere else that while, is usually 70 degrees or warmer, is still kinda cold in the winter and I'm freezing.

It's currently 70 degrees in my home (with the heater), and I'm still cold! I live in hoodies and jackets indoors now. :lol:

Same. That's why I'm in Tampa now.