Any Snack suggestions that ACTUALLY want to eaten?!

124»

Replies

• hailssome
    hailssome Posts: 4 Member
    I just recently made my own Popsicles with vanilla Greek yogurt, banana chunks, and frozen strawberries. They are very tasty and help cure any of my sweet cravings. I also cut and freeze bananas for smoothies or snacks right as they start to brown. Another great and healthy option is frozen grapes! I am a fan of all different flavors of rice cakes as someone above has mentioned. Cottage cheese can be another good choice if eaten in the right serving amount.
  • TS054
    TS054 Posts: 27 Member
    This afternoon I made some homemade potato chips in the microwave, now I have apple chips in the oven, and in about an hour I'll be making my carrot chips in the microwave. There's no frying just the calories from the potatoes,carrots, and apples. My next project will be making the greek yogurt.
  • MakGun
    MakGun Posts: 10 Member
    zuchinni chips baked. Use a mandolin to slice thin put on parchment paper lightly coated w evoo and sprinkle lightly w salt. You can add whatever flavor a you like after that. I tried old bay and they were delicious. Just bake at 225 for about an hour or more until crispy.
  • TS054
    Yesterday I took vanilla choboni greek yogurt in containers and in the first 6 small containers in my blender I blended some blackberries with it and put it in containers and froze it. I also made banana, blackberry-cherry, and cherry frozen yogurt. Had some tonight for a snack and it was soooooo good.
  • melissaschmidt56
    melissaschmidt56 Posts: 18 Member
    My suggestions:

Bagel thin with spaghetti sauce low fat cheese and turkey pepperoni (healthy bagel bite)

sugar free jello (5 calories)

popcorn (made with a air popper)
  • clushber
    clushber Posts: 6 Member
    I recommend homemade hot salsa. The healthier the produce the better the result and the more spice (habanero) the more it speeds up your metabolism. Make note that healthy salsa mixed with unhealthy chips/crackers defeats the purpose.
    -best- Stacey :)
  • bellabella1983
    bellabella1983 Posts: 62 Member
    TS054 wrote: »
    This afternoon I made some homemade potato chips in the microwave, now I have apple chips in the oven, and in about an hour I'll be making my carrot chips in the microwave. There's no frying just the calories from the potatoes,carrots, and apples. My next project will be making the greek yogurt.

How do you make chips in the micorave
  • TS054
    you cut the potatoes thin and soak them in water then drain. Arrange on single layer of sprayed parchment paper that fits the microwave plate, then spray the tops of the potatoes. Microwave 5 minutes if not crispy every 11/2 to 2 minutes until golden like potato chips and crispy. You can make as many as you want
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    lots of great suggestions here! thanks for the post.
    when I want something sweet and crunchy but haven't budgeted for sugary/fatty treat, I qwell the craving with SUGAR SNAP PEAS and/or SWEET MINI BELL PEPPERS.
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    thanks for all the ideas now the problem is to try some of these ideas, especially the sweet potato fries homemade. I'm on that one this weekend!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    I like to make parmesan cheese crisps. I take tablespoons of finely shredded parmesan cheese, place on a cookie sheet about an inch and half apart, and bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. They crisp up beautifully.

^^This. You can also use sharp cheddar cheese as well. Mix it up. I sprinkle garlic powder or a little Italian seasoning on them. Then you can dip them in salsa (pico de gallo is my fave).

Also like pepperoni crisps - nuke in a microwave ~1 min; crispy and you can dip them in whatever as well (hummus, salsa, etc.)

Pimento cheese & celery
    frozen grapes (my kids love these)
    Pretzels
    Pretzels with Reese's Pieces (1/4 or 1/2 srvg of each to make for ~150 cal snack; perfect for nighttime)
    Sunflower seeds (handful versus entire serving)
  • Bellawow
    Bellawow Posts: 32 Member
    I like a miniature taco salad that has no carbs. Ie: cooked hamburger meat, lettuce, tomato, onions, salsa. Mix it all up and eat. make it delicious- add garlic to hamburger meat and some cheddar cheese, cook and serve with the salad. yummy
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Yes carrots and hummus are great or a bit of natural peanut butter.
    Almonds raw, cacao coated pepitas, coconut chips, in a little snack jar. Yummy
    Chia seed puddings, coconut cream, cacao, blueberries and two tablespoons chia, mix and sit, great dessert. Small ramekins dish.
  • BradCzumo
    BradCzumo Posts: 15 Member
    The healthiest options for work snacks.For veggies Were looking to stay away from carrots, unless carbs arent something you care about watching (veggy with most carbs). I personally love celery and spinach use some hummus which alot of people are saying is great for energy, its what i usually take to the office with a Yoplait (some yogurt), with a bananna and apple. I usually make myself on sunday some brownies or buscotti for the week. I have a recipe on my page/on my instagram. Which sit at 120 calories per brownie (the only reason its higher is because it includes the icing, which you really dont need. they are F****** amazing without the icing :)

Instagram: Brad.Czumo
  • healthybeastie
    healthybeastie Posts: 1 Member
    You should make your own hummus, so you can control the ingredients in it! The flavors are not as strong, but it is still very good. I basically just use chickpeas, cumin, paprika, garlic, pepper, and a little bit of olive oil.

My usual snacks are:
    > wholemeal chicken and hummus or mustard wrap
    > celery/carot sticks with natural peanut butter
    > protein bars and seedy bars with an apple or banana
    > boiled eggs