Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Xiaomi Mi Band/MiFit Integration Request

14567810»

Replies

• danielcolchadodanielcolchado Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    do you look at nokia body/body+ (withings ws-30/50) scale? those works and integrate with MFP App
  • romenaholbertromenaholbert Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    I really wish there was integration too. Seems that this has been an unheard request for a long time, so I'm not sure why I'm commenting, but we still want it...please MFP.
  • refycozrefycoz Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    +1 Count me in. Please make it happen !
  • antonygelbergantonygelberg Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Such a shame that MFP is ignoring all these user requests to integrate with one of if not the most popular fitness tracker on the planet. Listen to your users!
  • flor00451flor00451 Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    Well, I would totally love if MFP would intigrate Xiaomi products, but has anyone contacted xiaomi?
  • TitoTimTitoTim Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    I love my MiBand 2! It is very accurate and sturdy. The 20 day battery life, and the IP67 waterproof bit is pretty sweet too. It would be nice if MFP would finally integrate the MiBand.
  • nakyypnakyyp Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Nothing about MiBand2 and Mi Scale :(
  • heybalesheybales Posts: 17,054Member Member Posts: 17,054Member Member
    Considering Xiaomi isn't even updating their own app to include things 3rd party apps are doing with the device - it's highly doubtful they are going to spend the resources on their end to integrate with MFP.

In case it's known understood - MFP is only 1 side of a sync.
    MFP isn't spending their own money to do the 3rd party's side of the sync.
    They really don't do much on their side, except confirm the API's work correctly, and 3rd party sending the correct info in correct way.

I'd suggest if you really want something, either use the Mi Band 3rd party apps syncing with Google Fit, and sync in Google Fit to MFP.

Or spend just as much energy telling those 3rd party app developers to spend their resources to sync to MFP.

Also be aware - unlike other activity trackers, Mi Band does very differently in NOT tracking the base calorie burn- BMR.
    You only get a daily burn figure based on steps seen.

So you can NOT actually sync directly as easily as other devices so that MFP can do math with your eating goal based on better estimate of what you burn daily.
  • arikanorharikanorh Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
  • caitlindfostercaitlindfoster Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
  • TheLycraLoutTheLycraLout Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    +1

But there is a workaround. You can link Mi Fit app with Google Fit. Then that will sync to MFP.
    edited November 2018
  • MacllaudMacllaud Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    +1

I'm trying workaround Mi Fit -> Google Fit - > MFP
    I don't know why, it is failing on each step

Taking in to the consideration that Mi Band it's quite popular it would be great to have direct support.
    edited December 2018
    Macllaud wrote: »
    +1

I'm trying workaround Mi Fit -> Google Fit - > MFP
    I don't know why, it is failing on each step

Taking in to the consideration that Mi Band it's quite popular it would be great to have direct support.

Then get those emails to Mi Fit to spend their money to make it work and send the info to MFP.

MFP doesn't do that part for any of the 3rd party integration.
  • argosgoldargosgold Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
  • feeIinfinefeeIinfine Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I’ve tried to do a workaround with the Apple Health App but all it does is track the steps from my phone not the band, so it’s like 3000 under goal 😕
  • SoichiTomoeSoichiTomoe Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Oh gods .. developers, why are you so lazy? More than 4 years have passed since the discussion and there is still no decision how to transfer data from MiFit to MyFitnessPal? Really?
    This is very frustrating .. if I do not find a solution in the near future you will have to part with your application. Without this feature, I don’t even want to think about a premium subscription.
    Oh gods .. developers, why are you so lazy? More than 4 years have passed since the discussion and there is still no decision how to transfer data from MiFit to MyFitnessPal? Really?
    This is very frustrating .. if I do not find a solution in the near future you will have to part with your application. Without this feature, I don’t even want to think about a premium subscription.

You totally have the wrong side of the issue.

MFP has open API's for any tracker maker to use.

MFP can't go reaching into 3rd party accounts - kind of a security problem.
    And they aren't about to spend their own money developing a solution for a 3rd party - come on!

You need to go to MiFit with the same passion. That's who spends the money to send to MFP.