Beyond frustrated! Why am I not losing??

13»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    There could be a medical/hormonal issue. Despite what these others proclaim you don't have to eat at a deficit to lose otherwise Adkins and Paleo wouldn't work for people. I think what you eat does matter as much if not more than how much you eat. A friend of mine, also 50 had the same problem as you. She cut out processed sugar and the weight melted off. I have another friend who went strictly Paleo, ate lots, didn't track calories and lots over 100 lbs. It may be worth talking to a nutritionist.

You don't have to track calories to be at a deficit. People who lose weight on Atkins, Paleo, or cutting "processed" sugar lose weight because cutting out those particular foods helps them to eat less calories. It is actually a scientific reality that you need to eat less calories than you burn in order to lose weight.

Regardless, there may in fact be a medical/hormonal issue that is affecting her Calories Out part of the equation, that's true. Since it seems like she isn't going to open her diary, hopefully she will have taken some of this advice to heart, and if logging isn't the issue, made an appointment with her doctor.