Day one

Options
13»

Replies

• southam5
    southam5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just beginning this journey starting last night. I have read EVERYTHING on these feeds. I have adjusted my reminders on MFP to remind me to log in my foods daily for my OMAD meal.. Reading the struggles and victories is inspiring. Thanks to everyone that writes the truth about weight loss. We do have an obesity epidemic and until we can do this together. I have all but given up on eating carbs and am fearful about bringing them back into my diet but honestly tired of not eating what skinny people can eat. Yikes! I feel like this way of eating is like learning their secret in a way~
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    southam5 wrote: »
    Just beginning this journey starting last night. I have read EVERYTHING on these feeds. I have adjusted my reminders on MFP to remind me to log in my foods daily for my OMAD meal.. Reading the struggles and victories is inspiring. Thanks to everyone that writes the truth about weight loss. We do have an obesity epidemic and until we can do this together. I have all but given up on eating carbs and am fearful about bringing them back into my diet but honestly tired of not eating what skinny people can eat. Yikes! I feel like this way of eating is like learning their secret in a way~

It really is as easy as it sounds. And no more caring about this food vs that food...etc. Taking back control is the ultimate victory. It will be challenging, but you don't ever have to struggle with weight again. As you adjust to the new way of eating, you will become more and more confident of what I'm saying here.
  • 2fab2bdrab
    2fab2bdrab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started omad last thursday. Its going well. I just got tired of prepping and counting calories multiple times a day. I love that my life isnt centered around food. I havent had the chance to weigh myself bc I dont own a scale and cant weigh unless I go to my moms but I feel like I've lost. Im hoping. I have issues with eating carbs too but I'm slowly but surely trying to adjust my way of thinking when it comes to my food now. I know low carb works for me...but again the constant counting n obsessing about food and eating 6 times a day and prepping and this and that and ugh!! Im praying this works...bc I really like it and for the most part can see myself eating this way for the rest of my life.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    2fab2bdrab wrote: »
    I started omad last thursday. Its going well. I just got tired of prepping and counting calories multiple times a day. I love that my life isnt centered around food. I havent had the chance to weigh myself bc I dont own a scale and cant weigh unless I go to my moms but I feel like I've lost. Im hoping. I have issues with eating carbs too but I'm slowly but surely trying to adjust my way of thinking when it comes to my food now. I know low carb works for me...but again the constant counting n obsessing about food and eating 6 times a day and prepping and this and that and ugh!! Im praying this works...bc I really like it and for the most part can see myself eating this way for the rest of my life.

Hi,

No question it will work. You simply must determine how workable the OMAD lifestyle goes with your overall lifestyle.
  • 2fab2bdrab
    2fab2bdrab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2fab2bdrab wrote: »

Hi,

No question it will work. You simply must determine how workable the OMAD lifestyle goes with your overall lifestyle.

It's been working well so far. I eat dinner and thats it. My fiancé is adjusting to my new way of eating but he understands and fully supports me. So just waiting for the results! :)
  • shaytuck
    shaytuck Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Someone shamed me back into OMAD (joke). But no, someone read this thread and asked me if I was still doing OMAD in a PM and I had to tell her no. Her response was then "so are you doing something different and getting better results" and my answer again was no. I realize going back to OMAD that I truly am full eating one meal but I like to snack even though I'm not necessarily hungry. But snacking leads to overeating for me so I'm back at it :smiley:
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    You are "exploring" and lots of people do it. Problem is, it all gets back to results--and people forgetting to hold themselves to the bottom line. Well, time to get back to that ever-present bottom line!