Why can't I see my abs?!?!?!

13»

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    So much derp in this thread

With comments like yours, yes indeed.... there is.

The OP asked how to see her abs and you told her that you think lifting a car is cooler. She didn't ask for your opinion, plus abs and lifting a car aren't mutually exclusive. I'd consider that some derp.

That's all I told her? Really? You better develop better reading comprehension skills.

I told her the problem & solution. And tossing an opinion at the end, AFTER answering her question is "derp"? Amazing the lack of intelligence & comprehension in adults (if you are one even) now days.

I never told her she was fat in any way shape or form either like she was suggesting I did.... I'm not sure where the hell that one even came from. Reading this *kitten* is hurting my brain... I'm going to go enjoy some cookie butter and watch Arnolds new flick "Maggie" ...

Cheers.
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    @Steve_ApexNC Thanks for the info! I'll check out the website.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    OP - if you want you could post some pictures and we could try to give you an assessment/body fat % ...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

The OP asked how to see her abs and you told her that you think lifting a car is cooler. She didn't ask for your opinion, plus abs and lifting a car aren't mutually exclusive. I'd consider that some derp.

That's all I told her? Really? You better develop better reading comprehension skills.

I told her the problem & solution. And tossing an opinion at the end, AFTER answering her question is "derp"? Amazing the lack of intelligence & comprehension in adults (if you are one even) now days.

I never told her she was fat in any way shape or form either like she was suggesting I did.... I'm not sure where the hell that one even came from. Reading this *kitten* is hurting my brain... I'm going to go enjoy some cookie butter and watch Arnolds new flick "Maggie" ...

Cheers.

53785658.jpg

• jlbrown1985
    edited July 2015
    Thanks @MamaFunky I just got Six Week Six pack and No More Trouble Zones and I can't wait to do them! I'm doing a round of 21 Day Fix with a friend (workouts only because I'm happy tracking calories right here on MFP) right now and I really enjoy those DVD's as well.
  • jlbrown1985
    @ndj1979 I thought about doing that. I just took some the other day but they aren't that great lol. I see if I can find them.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member

Cheers.

53450427.jpg
  • jlbrown1985
    edited July 2015
    pixykkvcbx26.jpg
    860jci9kn0mg.jpg

Sorry for the bathroom background lol.
  • ndj1979
    pixykkvcbx26.jpg
    860jci9kn0mg.jpg

you have some upper ab definition ...

I would put you at around 24% ..

I would be curious what @usmcmp thinks..

I think you would benefit from a structured lifting program as opposed to the DVDS but that is just me...
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    pixykkvcbx26.jpg
    860jci9kn0mg.jpg

I think you would benefit from a structured lifting program as opposed to the DVDS but that is just me...

not just you
  • ndj1979
    pixykkvcbx26.jpg
    860jci9kn0mg.jpg

not just you

ok - well two of us do OP..!
  • yopeeps025

OP what exercises are you doing in this DVD?

BTW I have no clue how to guess body fat% so I have no comment on that.

• jlbrown1985
    @ndj1979 @IsaackGMOON any program suggestions. I really don't know anything about lifting. I have thought about getting New Rules of Lifting for Women because I've seen that mentioned a lot here.

yopeeps025 The DVDs are circuits (3 workouts 3 circuts each with warm up and cool down) so there are a lot of different exercises I'm not sure I can think of all of them but here are some:

slow squat to overhead presses
    jumping jacks
    modified push ups ( I suck at push ups but I do a few normal ones)
    modified bicycle
    deadlift to upright row
    crescent hold with tricep kickbacks
    wipers
    low impact burpees
    figure 8 squats
    scissor crunches
    squirms
    rows in a plank position
    plank
    lunges
    Tricep Dips
    push kicks
    bridges
    dead lift to upright row

I'm sure there a some that I am forgetting too.

I usually use 5 or 8lb weights when required.
  • yopeeps025
    @ndj1979 @IsaackGMOON any program suggestions. I really don't know anything about lifting. I have thought about getting New Rules of Lifting for Women because I've seen that mentioned a lot here.

yopeeps025 The DVDs are circuits (3 workouts 3 circuts each with warm up and cool down) so there are a lot of different exercises I'm not sure I can think of all of them but here are some:

slow squat to overhead presses
    jumping jacks
    modified push ups ( I suck at push ups but I do a few normal ones)
    modified bicycle
    deadlift to upright row
    crescent hold with tricep kickbacks
    wipers
    low impact burpees
    figure 8 squats
    scissor crunches
    squirms
    rows in a plank position
    plank
    lunges
    Tricep Dips
    push kicks
    bridges
    dead lift to upright row

I'm sure there a some that I am forgetting too.

I usually use 5 or 8lb weights when required.

So is this workout still moderately diffcult or is it getting on the easy side. Stronglifts 5x5 is a MFP favorite for beginner lifters.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    pixykkvcbx26.jpg
    860jci9kn0mg.jpg

I would also say that she's around 24%. There is some ab definition at the top and sides if you look at the side view.

I also suggest a structured lifting program instead of DVDs.
  • usmcmp

Cheers.

My reading comprehension is just fine, thanks for your concern. I wasn't saying that's all you told her, I was saying it was unhelpful and that you can be strong with visible abs, therefore it was derp.
  • jlbrown1985
    Thank you!! I will definitely look into lifting programs and give it a try!
  • schandler1011
    schandler1011 Posts: 83 Member
    haha Channing Tatum. The problem with celebrities is they pay lots of money for trainers for results like that. I mean of course he looks amazing lol just saying
  • usmcmp
    haha Channing Tatum. The problem with celebrities is they pay lots of money for trainers for results like that. I mean of course he looks amazing lol just saying

It's still possible for people to achieve without paying a bunch of money.
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Abs are overrated anyhow. "Hey look at me, I have abs"..... but can you lift a car? (much cooler, imo)

Why not both? :)

How about lifting a car to workout abs :smile: