Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

before and after FACE edition

Replies

• Still_too_fat1970Still_too_fat1970 Posts: 253Member Member Posts: 253Member Member
    jennyhoon wrote: »
    zl0t8gtd1ttg.jpg
    Just over 3 yrs and 50ish lbs.
    A shame that losing weight doesn't cure resting bish face 😅

You're looking great there. Looks healthier than before. Keep it up!

Thanks! And yeah....I'm MUCH healthier now :)
  • c4therineBc4therineB Posts: 51Member Member Posts: 51Member Member
    lx1x wrote: »
    c4therineB wrote: »
    Left pic is from November, right pic taken a week ago. About 4 months progress and 19kg down. ✌xcneasgwjm5l.jpg

Looks great Cath... 👍👍

Oh heyyy 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️ Thanks my friend!

• long_for_melong_for_me Posts: 140Member, Premium Member Posts: 140Member, Premium Member
    4fjpxem7t6tz.jpeg
    A couple months after my first baby was born in 2015 vs now, 2 months after my third! 35 lbs difference here. I think it’s so important to look back on progress, especially when the scale isn’t moving as quickly as I’d hope and motivation is dwindling.

You look awesome! Well done!
  • hafsatoheed2019hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 50Member Member Posts: 50Member Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    2gm8sfzdauxr.jpg

pijt59lr052m.jpg

First picture in November 2018 at 236, Second Picture in April 2019 around 205- down 30 lbs. Still another 30 to go easily, but progress.
    Congratulations
    Plz share some details what was your routine diet and exercise wise. I only have to lose around 35 to 40 lbs and seeing your pics tell me that it’s completely worth it.
    edited April 10
    2gm8sfzdauxr.jpg

pijt59lr052m.jpg

First picture in November 2018 at 236, Second Picture in April 2019 around 205- down 30 lbs. Still another 30 to go easily, but progress.
    Congratulations
    Plz share some details what was your routine diet and exercise wise. I only have to lose around 35 to 40 lbs and seeing your pics tell me that it’s completely worth it.
    Sorry my question and your post all got into one box
    I don’t know how to separately select someone s post and write my question under it
  • IsETHomeIsETHome Posts: 244Member Member Posts: 244Member Member
    2gm8sfzdauxr.jpg

pijt59lr052m.jpg

Congratulations

Sure. I marked sedentary in the MFP, I opened my diary to others, added about 10 support people or so that I connected with at various stages of their journey. I started on 12 Nov, and was diligent during the holidays, counting and measuring what I was eating. In the first month I really learned some items that were not worth the calories. I started at 1200 cals per day, and stuck with that, I reset my diary to 1100 so I had to be very careful of not eating empty calories. I did a lot of substitutes. I realized my 100 cal slice of bread wasn't worth it, and found a 50 cal slice of bread instead. I did stock up on pickles, sugar free jello. My breakfast for the most part has been 1/4 cup of whole or 2% cottage cheese, with a small bit of berries on top. I probably had more breads early on but have reduced them since that time. For me because I was watching sugars, it was better to have slightly higher fats, than sugars - so whole milk products. I also purchased hellman's light mayo 15 cals vers 100 cals (example of a substitution). I added more seafood - shrimp with old bay seasoning is my friend - but also tilapia. I eat red meat 2 times, maybe 3 a week. I realized I was eating way to much meats. In month 2 I started doing water jogging twice a week and then three times a week. I stayed consistent on that and have added a water jog, so exercising about 4 times per week. I do not count steps, I do not use a fitbit. I don't count if I take my dog around the block unless it is a walk well over 20 minutes (that's just life burning calories). I did put that I work out 3 times per week on mfp. I have only had about 5 glasses of alcohol since I started, I have not eaten licorice, and my potato chip intake has been drastically reduced. When I eat at subway, I have them yank out some of the bread - a footlong is pretty much the equivalent of a days calories. Every calorie matters, so you can't just snack. Feel free to add me. I also have gone from just over diabetic (I had been prediabetic for a long time), and now I am "normal".
    edited April 10