Opinions on this...

2»

Replies

• Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hi everyone I read the link below cus I was looking for a bit if support for my non weightless for 2 weeks now I've not lost weight since I started body combat 4 times a week. Charlene explains that after 2 weeks I should start to see water going and more results however I don't. Dies this mean it's time to look at diet of shall I plug it out through my 3rd week ? Wat do you think. Is thus true take a look
    https://m.facebook.com/notes/get-lean-eat-clean-train-mean/why-you-gain-weight-when-starting-a-new-exercise-program/274060889352300

Based on what Chalene said in that post and from my own previous experience, I would keep going.

I know you said that you weren't losing weight, but are you losing inches in your waist, belly, and chest areas? Sometimes when you start a new exercise program you may not lose weight because of muscle gain. Also, you could be over eating or not eating enough. I used the Database search here on MFP to see how many calories I would burn doing that same program at 195 lbs for 60 minutes and I came up with 709. Your diary says 254 calories burned on those days you are working out. That is a significant difference. If so, you may not be eating enough on your workout days. My PT/nutritionist had me at 1300 calories on non-workout days and would have me eating most of my exercise calories on workout days (which put me at 1800). So you may look into that.

Also, one time when I had lost quite a bit of weight but then stalled out, my PT had me change up my carb/fat/protein ratios for a week. That seemed to help as I started to lose again. She then put me a on regular cycle of 1 low carb day a week. The other thing is water intake, but I didn't see that regularly logged in your diary.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Keep your emotions out of it. You have goals, let them motivate you. Not getting results is not failing, it's giving you more data. Use the data to improve upon what you're doing and you will settle into something that works and is sustainable for you.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    you eat to much calories.

you say you weigh/measure everything
    weighing on a scale is good...measuring with cups and spoons throws most people off.
    When they start they dont notice this because their deficit is bigger, but when you lose weight your deficit gets smaller and smaller. So you have to be more accurate to maintain your deficit.

You could be hundreds off look at this short video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    For about 5 weeks . my weight loss stopped when I introduced body combat 4 times a week 2 weeks ago

Which is when you started eating back exercise calories, right?

And using an HRM for this kind of activity is a huge no-no. Divide whatever number you're getting out of that by 3.

I'm burning about 400-500 calories a session so I divide this by 3 and eat all of them or just half?
  • leahcollett1
    For about 5 weeks . my weight loss stopped when I introduced body combat 4 times a week 2 weeks ago

And using an HRM for this kind of activity is a huge no-no. Divide whatever number you're getting out of that by 3.

I'm burning about 400-500 calories a session so I divide this by 3 and eat all of them or just half?

Oh and I just walked before 2 weeks ago and ate all my calories then too. I've not changed anything apart from upping my exercise from walking to body combat
  • galgenstrick

Oh and I just walked before 2 weeks ago and ate all my calories then too. I've not changed anything apart from upping my exercise from walking to body combat

You haven't changed anything? So you're on a strict meal plan eating the same thing every day?
  • leahcollett1
    No I mean when I signed up I began counting and measuring logging I walked. Added the burn via HRM onto MFP ate them back. Lost 2.5lbs first and second. Then lost half a pound for the following two weeks then began body combat 4 times a week reduced the walking logged everything ate back cals. Gained half and last week I stayed the same. I eat around the same meals weekly as I use to be on slimming world so love the meals I cook from that. All I van see that I've done is upped my exercise really
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    There is no reason anyone needs to lose water when they start losing weight. If you ate excessive amounts of sodium, your body would fight the excess with water and when you dropped back down to a safe amount of sodium, your body would get rid of the excess water. That's the only reason I can think of that you'd lose water when you started dieting.

Not everyone drops their sodium when they diet. Not everyone takes in excessive amounts of sodium. So, not everyone would lose "water weight" when they start dieting.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    There is no reason anyone needs to lose water when they start losing weight. If you ate excessive amounts of sodium, your body would fight the excess with water and when you dropped back down to a safe amount of sodium, your body would get rid of the excess water. That's the only reason I can think of that you'd lose water when you started dieting.

Low carb-ers often tank their glycogen reserves, which also releases a few pounds of water.

• galgenstrick
    edited July 2015
    What are your base calories at - before exercise? Sorry if you answered that already.
  • leahcollett1
    What are your base calories at - before exercise? Sorry if you answered that already.

1450 I think on 1.5lbs loss a week
  • galgenstrick

What's your weight height and age?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Just ask your self

How did i lose weight before..why? The answer is...you were eating less than you burned..a deficit.

Now why are you not losing anymore?...The answer is you are not eating less than you burn!

Create a deficit again and you will lose weight again :)
  • leahcollett1

What's your weight height and age?

I'm 31 in august and 5.7
  • leahcollett1
    So I'm gathering it's not holding water from new exercise it's in fact calories consumed. Least I know now to put all my concentration into that. I didn't know Wat it was before. I'll shall continue to measure log everything
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member

You're eating too much then. If you're shooting for 1.5lbs/week and your goal is 1450 before exercise which is burning an additional 400 cals, but according to your diary you eat between 1800-2000 cals on some days aren't you just eating back all your exercise cals and then some?
  • leahcollett1

You're eating too much then. If you're shooting for 1.5lbs/week and your goal is 1450 before exercise which is burning an additional 400 cals, but according to your diary you eat between 1800-2000 cals on some days aren't you just eating back all your exercise cals and then some?

Last week I was hungrier than normal but your right. Do you think I should eat half my calories earnt through exercise this week and not all? I changed it to 1lb loss a week just to see where I was last week and I was under goal every day so even though I went over on 1.5lbs loss allowance I should still lost a 1lb?