sugary drink issue

2»

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,953 Member
    I've done a couple things. One was to lower the amount of sugar put in my drink at Starbucks. Next I started making my own versions at home. For a change, try iced tea with monkfruit or another sweetener. I don't keep soda in the house though I'll pick up a Diet Pepsi every once and awhile. Mio is pretty good. I also started adding cucumber, lemon, and mint to my water.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Have you tried la croix or similar sparkling flavored waters. Those work for me.
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 179 Member
    We quit soda (zero/diet soda etc) swapping for the sparkling flavored water like Bubly, LeCroix, Perrgrino, Dasani and more. Helped a lot! Dropped all soda like a rock! For hot I have stevia if needed but use a protein shake for creamer with no sugar or stevia.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    I love my Starbucks, but I did change my drink from a venti iced white mocha with toffee nut made with whole milk to a much lower calorie and less sugar iced venti Americano, with 3 pumps of mocha, a little room for cream (switched to half and half- less calories and only 1 gram of sugar), and I add a couple of packets of their monk fruit/stevia blend.

Starbucks makes their mocha syrup in house, it's 6 carbs per pump, I'm not sure how many of those are sugar vs fiber, but still, not bad.

Izzy sodas were originally designed with Diabetics in mind, little to no sugar, but still a light sweet flavor and bubbly.

There's ways to lower calories and sugar intake, making small adjustments and not completely giving up loved items.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    If you want to quit just quit. Ain't nothing to it but to do it...