Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Recipe Round-up: Indian/Curry Edition

2»

Replies

• whoami67whoami67 Member Posts: 241 Member Member Posts: 241 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    whoami67 wrote: »
    I like this cauliflower/chickpea masala except I usually add more spices than the recipe calls for
    https://www.budgetbytes.com/easy-cauliflower-and-chickpea-masala/

This one is also a favorite
    https://www.budgetbytes.com/creamy-coconut-curry-lentils-with-spinach/

I need to spend some time on this site! Would Greek yogurt possibly replace the cream or coconut milk? Wouldn't use the first for anything else and don't care for coconut but really want to make Indian food!

I think yogurt would possibly replace the cream in the lentils, but it would have a really different flavor. I think it would probably be good, just different. You could use light coconut milk. The recipe doesn't have a coconutty flavor if that's the issue, but if you just don't like coconut milk, try yogurt.

I do love that recipe site. There's such a variety and most of the recipes are super easy to make and to customize. I have learned that I like more spice and more salt than most of the recipes call for so I adapt them that way. I make the cajun chicken pasta at least once a week, but I always add half again as much spice, for example.
  • JennliftsandspinsJennliftsandspins Member Posts: 27 Member Member Posts: 27 Member
    This is Thai rather than Indian but still curry and amazing! I think I got it from the Toronto Star many years ago.
    You can change up the curry to add or reduce heat. I sometimes used cilantro instead of basil. I add the peppers just in the last 5-10 minutes so they stay tender-crisp.

Thai Coconut Beef and Peppers

Beef

Ingredients:
    2 lb stewing beef
    2 tsp sesame oil
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tbsp red curry paste
    14 oz coconut milk
    1 each green and red pepper
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 cup fresh basil
    1 tbsp lime juice