Protein shakes

2»

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Taste? Just get a good tasting protein shake. I do occasionally add PB2 to mine for a peanut butter flavor. Other than that the only thing I do is switch to more ice than water in the summer. Run that through a NutriBullet and you'll have a nice cold post-workout treat.
  • jenelain
    jenelain Posts: 7 Member
    jenelain wrote: »
    No! Just trying to cut carbs and feel full from a meal. Heard protein shakes can be beneficial to weight loss

why cutting carbs? Do you have a medical issue with consuming to much carbs?

Just consuming too much. Thought using a protein shake as one meal replacement per day would help
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    No! Just trying to cut carbs and feel full from a meal. Heard protein shakes can be beneficial to weight loss

why cutting carbs? Do you have a medical issue with consuming to much carbs?

Just consuming too much. Thought using a protein shake as one meal replacement per day would help

i rather eat my calories then drink them lol
    But all up to you

And for too many carbs...for losing weight only too many calories counts :)
    I didn't cut out anything ( except salt for medical reasons) and lost over 101 pounds in 9 months
    Eat carbs as much as i want :)

No shakes or replacements needed only cost you money

But like i said up to you.
  • dani_in_bc
    dani_in_bc Posts: 12 Member
    I like Vega All-In-One Shakes they are great nutritional substitute for a meal or snack. I LOVE the Mocha one.
  • zoozo37
    zoozo37 Posts: 2 Member
    I have started using Garden of Life Raw Fit that is high protein specifically designed for weight loss. It's vegan, gluten, dairy and soya free and can be used up to twice a day. It's great stuff and ful of raw healthy ingredients that fills you up.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    My advice would be to not "diet" but to go through a lifestyle change.

Are protein shake/meal replacements sustainable for the long run for you? If so, go for it. If not, find something that you can do forever. Lose weight the same way you plan to maintain your new weight afterwards.

Personally I believe that "diets" are the reason people yo-yo and do what you're trying to now.