Why is my new protein shake causing me to gain weight?

12346»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    @Southpaw100 - How many calories was it?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Caitwn wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    kgeyser wrote: »
    All,

At this point I am going to politely remind everyone of the first two community guidelines:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Please contribute respectfully to the discussion, or move on without posting. From this point forward, any comments that do not contribute politely and constructively will receive 2-point warnings.

So can you offer any suggestions about how I'm supposed to contribute respectfully, politely, and constructively to a discussion initiated by a troll? I find humor to be an appropriate response in these situations, and you're now telling me that's worthy of a warning. This is a serious question.

My interpretation of the moderator warning is that she has determined the OP is not a troll and so should be taken at face value, and we should also take her at face value.

If that were seriously the determination regarding the OP, then my response would definitely get me banned. Hence my question, which remains unanswered. If humor in response to blatant trolling is deemed worthy of a warning, then we've got a problem here.

+1
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    kgeyser wrote: »
    All,

At this point I am going to politely remind everyone of the first two community guidelines:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

Please contribute respectfully to the discussion, or move on without posting. From this point forward, any comments that do not contribute politely and constructively will receive 2-point warnings.

So can you offer any suggestions about how I'm supposed to contribute respectfully, politely, and constructively to a discussion initiated by a troll? I find humor to be an appropriate response in these situations, and you're now telling me that's worthy of a warning. This is a serious question.

My interpretation of the moderator warning is that she has determined the OP is not a troll and so should be taken at face value, and we should also take her at face value.

@Fitness_Gal85 - as others have said, it's the Oreos and the ice cream that are the major culprits, not the almond milk. If you log them into your food diary, you will see.

I can't take someone at face value when she says that she thinks blending food into liquid takes the calories out. NO.