True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Hey I cf that i am far to young to be dealing with this. Babies are great, amazing, healthy, sweet.

Mama is tired and she says go to sleep then is mad when I do, she talks aggressively at me and when I ask her not to she flips out, if I lose my cool, even though her tone and attitude is real bad all the time I get 'watch your tone' and glared at and asked to leave and this whole week she has casually been throwing around the "d" word. Wtf. I get that she is tired. We are all tired. I get that she is going through these changes. It's just it doesn't matter what I say or do or how nice I am or how clean things are I just can't catch a break and I am so burnt out.

im gonna go against the grain here and say you should start thinking about an exit strategy.
    that may be cold hearted to some people but that's my opinion.

i'm not saying you should leave, yknow, at the end of the week or something either. but it might not be a bad idea to start making plans for the future.

you are young. best to do it now while you still *have* a future and time to rebuild. time's an hourglass that's only running down.

take my advice with a grain of salt though. i've been divorced of my own accord and walked away from a lot of good things in life and never had to juggle a kid with it. i just know i wouldn't be threatened or browbeat in a relationship no matter the circumstances.

Oh no. This makes me sad. Your advice is basically bail out when the going gets rough? His children need him. His wife needs him!!! Newborns are stressful but it will pass. She won't always have raging hormones, or postpartum "things" going on. Don't give up on them @captainfantastic94. I would however try to get someone to help with the little ones if you have family or someone you can trust. Hang in there, please. :)
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Hey I cf that i am far to young to be dealing with this. Babies are great, amazing, healthy, sweet.

Mama is tired and she says go to sleep then is mad when I do, she talks aggressively at me and when I ask her not to she flips out, if I lose my cool, even though her tone and attitude is real bad all the time I get 'watch your tone' and glared at and asked to leave and this whole week she has casually been throwing around the "d" word. Wtf. I get that she is tired. We are all tired. I get that she is going through these changes. It's just it doesn't matter what I say or do or how nice I am or how clean things are I just can't catch a break and I am so burnt out.
    Take lightly any advice given to you here, it'll only cloud your own judgment and really people just give you advice based upon what they would do and not what is best for you.

You're a good one, listen to yourself.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Her behavior is typical of a woman who has just given birth and is going through crazy hormones. Patience goes a long ways. Its a little immature to say that "we" are all going through the same thing. You are not; she has a physical process that her body is going through that started at conception and will continue for sometime. She has no control over it and probably feels bat :kitten: crazy to be honest. You cannot be empathetic enough.

However, You are going through changes too and TBH you probably need an outlet. She has you and you have no one. So it is your responsiblity as her partner, as a father and as an individual to apply some patience and seek out resources to help you guys through this period of time.

I have said this before and I will say it again. This is temporary. Take it one day at a time. Realize that all these crazy emotions that you guys are going through are just that.. emotional knee jerk responses. Maintaining your calm and center is critical. Have a conversation or write each notes about what the needs are and how you are each going to address them. Take care of the immediate needs, make a schedule and stick to it, seek out resources to assist. STAY CALM. THIS IS TEMPORARY.

This. OR.....

or you could just buy a new motorcycle. *shrug

that's what I would do. I'd buy a red one.

wait. that's poor advice.

make it a black one instead.
  • miolmimi
    miolmimi Posts: 58 Member
    I told my husband I was going to the gym and I really went to McDonalds and ate chicken nuggets in the parking lot (not my best moment).

Relatable!!

• miolmimi
    miolmimi Posts: 58 Member

Hey sweetie, I'm no doctor but I've given birth 3 times and I think your wife should talk to her doc about postpartum depression. I know she is acting angry and not sad but it comes out angry in some people. It could be that meds would help a lot. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    *kitten* having kids sounds great I can't wait...

PM me every time you think about having kids. I will, in return, send you the screenshots. You know the ones.

Where were you 15 years ago?

p.s. I love screenshot cuz it's not my kid!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    In 2006, my wife, daughter and myself went to Puerto Vallarta for Vacation. I was walking back to my room and the Maid's Cart was in the hallway. There was a roll of wastebasket liners on the cart. I took it. Brought it home to use in my bathroom. That was 8 years ago. I still half of that roll in my bathroom cupboard. Must be over a 1,000 bags on that roll. Oh, and I also took 8 towels and brought them home. And 12 plastic bar glasses for the bar in my man cave. Not my proudest moment.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

x2qiodqhqeib.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »

im gonna go against the grain here and say you should start thinking about an exit strategy.
    that may be cold hearted to some people but that's my opinion.

i'm not saying you should leave, yknow, at the end of the week or something either. but it might not be a bad idea to start making plans for the future.

you are young. best to do it now while you still *have* a future and time to rebuild. time's an hourglass that's only running down.

take my advice with a grain of salt though. i've been divorced of my own accord and walked away from a lot of good things in life and never had to juggle a kid with it. i just know i wouldn't be threatened or browbeat in a relationship no matter the circumstances.

Thank you for going against the grain in this discussion and bringing it down to the nitty gritty. I know this is Motorsheen's line but I'll steal it for a moment. Mad respect to you.

you misspelled: Re5pext
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

Wow can I relate brother...
    Don't tell me, she was the big sister and a Scorpio?
    Don't ask how I know...
  • JoyRising
    JoyRising Posts: 6 Member
    I confess that I haven't bothered to log into MyFitnessPal for several years, until today, in spite of the fact that the app has been on my phone the entire time. Was equally surprised and shocked how much weight I had lost since joining MyFitnessPal. Now I am regretting not putting in more effort.