True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    My Dad was a long haul trucker. Growing up, I thought every family had towels with hotel / motel names embroidered on them. :D

At least you have a good reason, my mother was just a god damn thief.

tenor.gif
  • miolmimi
    miolmimi Posts: 58 Member
    Thanks all, and i just want to make clear that i want things to work but, God forbid, if they don't i am not abandoning her or my kids

I cannot totally relate to your situation....but I have something to share

I was a 44 yr old single man living a good life and traveling pretty much doing whatever I wanted answering to one. My brother was a dumbass and got put in jail and is a single father with a 5 yr old. It was either she came to me or the state when he went away. I had only met her a handful of times in 5 yrs and I am embarrassed now to say I wasn't all that eager to be responsible for a kids life. I made the decision to take her in even though I had never even thought about having kids or how to take care of them ever before in my whole life. The first day she came to lived with me I asked her so wants the deal, do you where diapers or what? Because you're gonna need to learn how to clean yourself up.....she immediately made fun of me how stupid I was and I was thinking here we go.....and fast forward, tomorrow will be my 47th birthday and the last 3 yrs of my life have been better than the previous 44.

The bottom line is, my life hot turned upside down in a way that was like nothing I ever thought possible. No, I did not have to deal with a mom with raging hormones, but I had no idea what the he'll I was doing and went for days on end not sleeping and second guessing every decision I made. But what it came down to was, is it worth it? And yeah, no doubt.....

You realize every woman on here just fell in love with you, right?
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    I start to post my story then keep deleting it....
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    IC I just pretended to be bot caller with a patient that drives me crazy with a million questions and goes on about stuff not even related to his eyes. I said what I needed to say in the most monotone way I could then hung up just as he started to ask a question.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    IC I just pretended to be bot caller with a patient that drives me crazy with a million questions and goes on about stuff not even related to his eyes. I said what I needed to say in the most monotone way I could then hung up just as he started to ask a question.

"Why did you hang up on me the other day?
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Years ago, I lost my virginity to someone I met on MFP.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

"Why did you hang up on me the other day?

It's you. Not me.