True Confessions - Don't Judge

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Mr_L33
    agreed. being hard on yourself does not help. fitness and health is not just physical, its mental as well. thats why when i eat bad, i smile and enjoy. no need to eat with regret, it makes things a lot worst![/quote]

For years I tried to "diet" perfectly, Id pick a diet and follow it to the letter, even if often it meant eating foods I didn't like. Id struggle after a week or two and the minute I ate a chocolate bar, the guilt of failure, that I'd ruined my diet would send me spiralling out of control.
    I still am amazed that simply allowing myself to add the foods I like to my diet without guilt helped me to get where I am.
    You really do have to make whatever you follow sustainable for you. That meant adding lollies, pizza, and chips for me :tongue:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    IC that every time the selfie thread gets closed for moderation, I secretly hope it gets shut down for good and taken down (yep, I'm petty like that). Never happens, but that's my secret desire.. especially since I know a new one will pop up if it gets shut down.

My inner Grinch cackles every time, lol.

Me too

But IC i am also afraid there will be a riot and mfp will burn if we perma shut it down

It must be hard for you moderators to have to deal with that thread all the time. Most of the people are cool, but I see every once in awhile a tiny snit fit happens or someone posts something inappropriate. Mostly, it seems like people get their feelings stepped on in that thread if they aren't perceived by the masses to be "it".

I mostly just can't stand the SC filters. No idea why, but they drive me batty.

As I have stated before it gets a little awkward when I mod it on my lunch break and things got strange in there. Pictures are alot harder to hide than text. And picture havy threads anger my phone so its challenging all around.

Sometimes the supportiveness in there is awesome. But when it goes bad it seems to really go bad.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    My dog is traumatized every time he goes to the groomers so for the last year or so I've been grooming him myself (except for his nails, we go to the vet for trims). Yesterday I cut his hair and he has been furious with me ever since. He refused to sit with me all day and he kept staring at me like I had deeply offended him.

My cat has decided she likes my husband better, for some unknown reason. Note my cat because he did not want her. He gave her a bath one time, and I dried her off, and somehow I came out the evil one. Go figure....
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    The cringey sayings thread is making me more self conscious about how I talk.

I know! Right! :D:D:D
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

**Goes to investigate** :D
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Same, apparently I am quite cringeworthy
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited February 2018
    I confess I often reply to threads in my head but forget to actually type it out. I am actually a lot more involved in here than it seems
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    I confess I often reply to threads in my head but forget to actually type it out. I am actually a lot more involved in here than it seems

Sounds like me at work/management meetings!
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    I do not have this hair any longer