The TRUTH about Plexus - can someone tell me?

1234568»

Replies

• Mika0312
    Mika0312 Posts: 1 Member
    My mother bought a 3 month supply off the cuff from someone and never used it so she asked if I wanted to have a month supply. I thought sure I will for free why not! I am 100 lbs over weight and have tried everything but always end up failing. I have now been on it for a month and have lost 15lbs. The biggest thing it does for me is helps me control my sweet tooth and not bing eat in the evening. I love the taste and it makes it easy to take also. I recommend it from my experience. I think a lot of times what happens to people when they start something to lose weight they are watching what they eat more and trying more than usual so if the product works a little the extra effort can also cause them to lose a lot of weight at first. I think it is normal and I have always felt that a lot of programs and products can work if you put in the effort with it it's just the doing it part that is challenging. You have to want to lose weight to do it with any product.
    Good luck!
  • melissajane83
    melissajane83 Posts: 54 Member
    I tried it. It didn't work for me. The pink drink taste good but that's the only thing positive I can really say about it.
  • Plexus DOES NOT contain DMAA. The internet rumor about that stemmed from the old Accelerator formula containing a geranium extract which some people mistakenly interpreted as DMAA. Plexus has never contained it.
  • 1. The plexus company is an MLM aka Network marketing or what we used to call a Pyramid Scheme. It has "Ambassadors" which attempt to collect other Ambassadors who all must swear by the product in order to sell the product. They put millions into brainwashing representatives into an automaton like state to blanket the heath market like billboarded soldiers and teach them the lingo which leads to more sales through weak minded hungry for results or fast money "sales" people. As a result, 1% of those people actually see any kind of residual, and that residual barley covers the cost that it took to join the program.

2. Taking ANY supplement for weight loss is potentially dangerous. This one ranks high on the "put it back on the shelf" list. Here are two non biased resources that aren't blogs dedicated to promoting drug use:

https://www.tga.gov.au/safety/alerts-medicine-plexus-slim-accelerator-capsules-130716.htm#.U0LKTvldVAU (Banned in Australia)

The accelerator pills contain "GeranaX" which is the companies fancy term for Geranium and is on the FDA's illegal substance for weight loss supplement list: http://hprc-online.org/dietary-supplements/files/DMAA_List.pdf

3. Using these drugs and diet aides does nothing to encourage your relationship with food. REAL food. You either need to dope yourself up for the rest of your life and quite possibly damage your internal organs. OR you can use that money to work with a nutritionist and learn how to understand and feed your body with actual food.

You ladies don't need magic beans and wizard potions, just common sense dedication and hard work. I don't mean to be blunt? But these quick fix "As seen on TV" answers to optimal health are lazy and dangerous. Your body deserves better.

Plexus does not contain DMAA. And I actually know many ambassadors that have seen great success. Because Plexus Ambassadors can earn income 11 different ways. There is success because the product works. There are many ways to lose weight. You just have to find what works best for you. :)
  • so, I hear a lot about this whole Plexus Slim thing. The main reason I am skeptical is because in the US, alternative supplements are not tested, and most consumers are blissfully unaware of harmful ingredients, and only pay attention to what the product advertising says about what is in it, not the hidden ingredients. I just read a warning that the Australian government put out in 2013 for the Plexus Accelerator;

Plexus Slim Accelerator capsules and Plexus Slim Accelerator 3 Day Trial pack pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.

The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested Plexus Slim Accelerator capsules and Plexus Slim Accelerator 3 Day Trial pack capsules and found that:

They contain the undeclared banned chemical 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA)
    Consumers are advised that DMAA is listed in Appendix C of the Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons (SUSMP). Substances within Appendix C are of such danger to health as to warrant prohibition of sale, supply and use.
    Risks associated with its use include high blood pressure, psychiatric disorders, bleeding in the brain and stroke.

Further information about DMAA can be found on the TGA website
    Canada has also banned this product as it has adopted the warning that the Australian TGA put out.

I have heard nothing bad of Plexus Slim...yet...but as a soon to be RN, I can say, please be careful! Most companies have clever ways of hiding harmful chemicals and only advertising the beneficial aspects of the product, and in the US, they are allowed to do this! Every time, without fail, once a product like this has been on the market long enough, side effects, and serious health affects are reported and the product ends up just something else on the shelf, and again people are told to eat a healthy, well rounded diet, and exercise frequently. If you ARE taking or considering taking these products watch for any changes in your blood pressure, new, unexplained headaches, sudden vision changes, if diabetic, decreased sensitivity to normal regimen of medicines, or stomach intolerances, I would highly advise discontinuing the use of this product, and seeing a physician immediately if any of those occur.

Ingredients of Plexus Accelerator+...NO DMAA!!!! :
    Niacin (as Niacinamide) 10mg
    Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 15mg
    Vitamin B12 (as  Methylcobalamin) 250mcg
    Folic Acid 200mcg
    Calcium (as Calcium Glycinate) 25mg
    Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 750mcg
    Proprietary Blend 475mg –
    -Yerba Mate (liex paraguariensis) Leaf
    Extract
    -Higenamine
    -Hordenine
    -Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna) Leaf extract
    -5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophane from Griffonia simblicifolia Seed Extract)
    -Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Leaf Extract
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    I smell a fresh marketing drive.
  • I had my gall bladder removed and experienced intestinal and anal surgeries due to this product.
    I wish I did not listen to the scam artists out there selling it especially medical professionals like dr. and nurses.
    I wish that I knew the bad side effects to this PINK DRINK.
  • fungirlposts
    fungirlposts Posts: 2 Member
    - I have smart friends who have used Plexus and, on a quest for information, found this forum. Keep researching if you are still concerned. Sadly, no one gave you any help on this forum. I hope you eventually find what you need!
    - This is not for you but for the mean girls posting information without good purpose! This is not a grammar forum!! Plus, we all know keyboards sometimes go faster than our fingers! Be nice!
    - Also not for original poster! BTW, SPAMMERS cannot continue responding on a forum, so those peeps who continue to be labeled that by the mean girls, so sorry!
    - Just because you have been a member for a certain time, doesn't mean you are not new to the process! Geez people! I respect your right to free speech, and thrilled I can tell you this as well!
    - Just because it's MLM, does not mean it's negative!! Lots of great things have come from MLM. Lots of scams too!
    - Dear Diet Coke slammer who thinks it's sugar free so your body won't crave sugar, ( the one who had been so mean!), after 7 days, your body recognizes DC as sugar, do you do crave it!! So there! I think you need more fiber in your diet!
    -Sorry I put all this reply on your sweet post! I hope your family member is getting healthy!!????
  • fungirlposts
    fungirlposts Posts: 2 Member
    ????????❤️❤️ to Annielaurie88!!
  • Whats the point of sharing any information about it here anyway! Look at the hateful replies!!! Why don't YOU research it for YOURSELF!!!! No wonder this world is where it's at today.. such venom!
  • katrishamaile
    katrishamaile Posts: 16 Member
    - I have smart friends who have used Plexus and, on a quest for information, found this forum. Keep researching if you are still concerned. Sadly, no one gave you any help on this forum. I hope you eventually find what you need!
    - This is not for you but for the mean girls posting information without good purpose! This is not a grammar forum!! Plus, we all know keyboards sometimes go faster than our fingers! Be nice!
    - Also not for original poster! BTW, SPAMMERS cannot continue responding on a forum, so those peeps who continue to be labeled that by the mean girls, so sorry!
    - Just because you have been a member for a certain time, doesn't mean you are not new to the process! Geez people! I respect your right to free speech, and thrilled I can tell you this as well!
    - Just because it's MLM, does not mean it's negative!! Lots of great things have come from MLM. Lots of scams too!
    - Dear Diet Coke slammer who thinks it's sugar free so your body won't crave sugar, ( the one who had been so mean!), after 7 days, your body recognizes DC as sugar, do you do crave it!! So there! I think you need more fiber in your diet!
    -Sorry I put all this reply on your sweet post! I hope your family member is getting healthy!!????
    ^^all this. :/
  • shone75
    shone75 Posts: 1
    I am speaking with my honest opinion about Plexus,you can call it whatever you want but hey this is a public forum aren't we allowed to speak through our own experience. I may sound I am promoting but I am only speaking what I have experience. I have a fitness pal app for 2 years.I count my calorie etc but it didn't work for me at all instead I gained weight probably because I am 40 years(hormones) old,working in medsurg and a college student( stress) so I gained weight like fast and my husband teased me I will look like a round ball because I am short . I posted in facebook about my frustration and I signed up Zumba class for 8 $ per session and a gym member but still gaining weight so she asked me how much I spend every month and yes it was expensive and worthless. She introduced me to plexus I tried this and for 3 weeks now I lost a lot from size 9 to size 4 .My waistline shrunk 4 inches. I took picture every week and I AM STILL LOOSING WIEGHT.
    Each body has different reaction and I guess I am one of those lucky people that my body respond very well to it. The plexus requires you to drink plenty of water and I noticed if I don't drink enough water I will have headache.The plexus requires complete rest and sometimes when I don't listen to my tired body and continue working I will have another headache. I eat healthy food because it made me gag and it made me feel sick if I ate unhealthy food like today I didn't eat healthy lunch and I was hungry instead I ate chocolate croissant in central market .My stomach felt squizy. So plexus is guiding me to eat good food.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    You guys can say what you want, but when a product thread gets flooded with 1 post count enthusiasts for that product, we all know you're getting paid to post. Or hope you will sell the stuff so you do get paid. And I will definitely come into these threads and express my disgust with sleazy marketing tactics.
  • Its a shame how clueless and ignorant people are to think that this is a NATURAL product.
    It is nothing more than a marketing scheme for desperate women to use....the fact that I know several losers selling this bogus health and weight loss product is obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When your health fails in the future...good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCKERS AND SCAMMERS ONLY!
  • ginaglaird
    ginaglaird Posts: 1
    I am not selling it or using it either, just yet. I say this because I have seen actual results from people I actually know. I have done everything to lose weight, I have stopped drinking soda, I don't get my starbucks anymore. No sweets for me. I go to the fitness center 4 days a week and I eat smaller meals but the larger of my meals is lunch rather than supper. I have not lost a pound. Very distressed about this. They should not have advertise this as a diabetic cure but research has shown by losing weight especially if you are obese that type 2 diabetics could actually reverse itself. This is I know from a friend of mine who used to take insulin and when she went on a diet given to her by her doctor not only did she lose weight but she no longer is tied to her insulin. This result as they say may not be typical however it can work for some people. This is just my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.