Addicted to Peanut butter?

2»

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Why class it as an addiction? That seems awfully dramatic.

If you can't control yourself, just don't buy it.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    edited August 2015
    Peanut butter is one of those things I cannot have in the house if I am being serious about losing some weight,,,,,,me, a jar and a spoon is my idea of a real happy threesome! And I can't pretend I have moderation,

Op, if you can moderate, then great, if not, then just don't have it for a while,,,,,,,,even if you miss it,
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Kghaines wrote: »
    Has anyone loved peanut butter so much that you feel like you need it every day? And if you broke the habit or have advice as to how to break this(without going crazy) let me know. Even if I keep it out of the house I feel like I need it.
    Peanut butter is one of those items I need to avoid.
    I'll start with a smeared apple slice and end with a spoon in the jar until every peanut butter molecule is eaten.
    On my free day, I eat it.
    One of my evil indulgences is to coat chicken strips with peanut butter, batter in flour and italian bread crumbs, then deep fry it in bacon grease.
    SINFUL! >:)

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I love the stuff and it is one of my "problem" foods. I would choose not to buy it but my healthy weight husband likes it and eats it sensibly. It is 1 of 2 foods I have in the house that I would rather not have. The other is ice cream which my husband enjoys every evening in a sensible portion. I've not yet developed his healthy habit. He's "given up" a few food items for me. I'll give him his peanut butter and ice cream. It's my problem. :/ , not his. The dog really likes it too. The poor dog had to give up Nilla Wafers for me and is probably better off without.
  • lucstone
    lucstone Posts: 41 Member
    I used to eat it straight from the jar and before I realized it I'd be scraping the sides. What helped me kick that habit is the more I learned about food and health the less I wanted it, the type I was eating anyway (Skippy Super Chunk Extra Crunchy). I started eating a natural type with only nuts and salt, now I eat whatever kind of nut only raw & unsalted.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    I found Jif a lot more tempting than my own PB, but I didn't eat it every day.

Maybe if you make you own, you'll have less temptation?

A little PB goes a very long way on a salt less rice cake, if you happen to like rice cakes. A tsp alone can be areas fairly tin and give you a taste of PB with each bite. That's how I like mine best. :)

Some people schedule or "budget" a certain amount of calories for treats a day. You could try to work the PB in that way.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    At times I've had a serious peanut butter problem! It helps to put it in the refrigerator in the basement so I'm not always seeing it in the kitchen.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Seriously??? Can't believe that thread went poof! What a joke.