You are ordering a pizza, what is the lowest calorie pizza you can think of?

Options
13»

Replies

• vanessaepc1
    vanessaepc1 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This:

Giordanos+Pizza.jpg

Yummy!!!! :smile:
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I make mine on Udi's gluten free crust because I can't have wheat. They turn very thin but I love them. A full one with bit of sauce, 60g mozza, fresh basil, few tidbits pineapple, and thin sliced tomato runs me about 650cals. It's sooooo good that I am going to have for dinner now, lol
  • CassieAiello911
    CassieAiello911 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you're ordering out, look online to see what the nutrition info says from where you're ordering from. Then from there tweak it the best you can (flat crust, no butter garlic on the crust like dominos does, little cheese, lots of veggies and low amounts of meat...etc).
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    This:

Giordanos+Pizza.jpg

tumblr_mw9munM19k1qz8x31o4_250.gif

Jon-Stewart-Pizza-2.gif

Kz1RyNS.gif

I could go on... ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    This:

Giordanos+Pizza.jpg

tumblr_mw9munM19k1qz8x31o4_250.gif

Jon-Stewart-Pizza-2.gif

Kz1RyNS.gif

I could go on... ;)

Lol.

I keep wanting to try one of those pizzas, I've actually never had one, but the calorie count stops me.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lol.

I keep wanting to try one of those pizzas, I've actually never had one, but the calorie count stops me.

Meh, save your calories. Pizza is better... ;)
    Chicago style is like a Pizza trying a circus act. A bit over the top.

I used to eat it when I was student. But then again, I also thought that budweiser and miller were "beers"... ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    kryss247 wrote: »
    Cauliflower crust pizza :)

no
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    if I am having pizza I have already considered the calorie content in my day and am going to have what I want..

that being said, you can go thin crust with tomatoes, black olives, and other vegetables...
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    If I'm ordering pizza, I am NOT concerned with keeping it low cal. I want it to have whatever I'm in the mood for. Pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, extra cheese or sometimes a "specialty" pizza like a chicken bacon ranch. Mmmm
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If I order in it's fish, olives and jalapenos - no cheese, italian base
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lol.

I used to eat it when I was student. But then again, I also thought that budweiser and miller were "beers"... ;)

Blasphemy!!

Just kidding. Believe it or not, even those of us here in Chicago/Chicagoland eat thin crust 95% of the time. We have our own thin crust style that's slightly different from New York/fast food pizza style (cut your pizza into squares, friends!!). At my house we probably get deep dish or stuffed crust...maybe once a year? Twice if my FIL requests it on his birthday? It definitely is a bit over the top, but most people don't eat that as their exclusive form of pizza. It's something different to have occasionally, the same way even most people with absolutely no regard to the number or quality of calories they consume don't clear their appetizer, entree and dessert plates at the Cheesecake Factory 6 days a week.

But, seriously...it's frigging delicious. Try it sometime, even if you only try it once.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Lol.

ahahahah this made me laugh.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    White pizza, thin crust ( NY style ). No meats, but add veg if you want. I prefer it clean ( just the sauce and cheese ).

Find an old world style, Italian mom and pop pizzeria, with stone ovens. That, or don't waste your time ....
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    One of the nicest pizzas I've ever had was in Rome, thin base, thinly sliced new potatoes, olive oil, and fresh rosemary. Very simple, and delish!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    pmm3437 wrote: »
    White pizza, thin crust ( NY style ). No meats, but add veg if you want. I prefer it clean ( just the sauce and cheese ).

Find an old world style, Italian mom and pop pizzeria, with stone ovens. That, or don't waste your time ....

Almost this. My favorite white pizza has no sauce, it's just brushed with garlic oil and has a bit of cheese. I like it plain, but I'll often add anchovies or spicy sausage.

But, for low cal, thin crust margherita wins.
  • jnewell9
    jnewell9 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been making this:

Lightly coat EVOO on both sides of a split pita bread and broil for a couple minutes both sides to crisp it up. Pull it out and put Roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella (go easy!) and fresh basil. Back into the broiler. I think it tastes fresh and it is very easy.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You could make one using Joseph reduced carb pita (from Walmart, and only 60 cals), with some Kraft fat free mozzarella (45 cals for 1/4 cup), a little pizza sauce, veggies (peppers, mushrooms, whatever), and Hormel turkey pepperoni (8 slices is like 35 cals?).
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Thin crust veggie, no cheese
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    I make mine on Udi's gluten free crust because I can't have wheat. They turn very thin but I love them. A full one with bit of sauce, 60g mozza, fresh basil, few tidbits pineapple, and thin sliced tomato runs me about 650cals. It's sooooo good that I am going to have for dinner now, lol
    Udi's makes great GF pizzas. Pepperoni is my fave.