Weetabix... how do you eat it?

Options
124»

Replies

• julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love love love weetbix. Hot water, cooked apple and/or unsweetened yoghurt and/or almond milk
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning before work i eat my breakfast which consists of 3 weetbix ( the Aussie ones) I pour a little bit of boiled wAter on them first to soften them, then low fat milk and half teaspoon sugar.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    With cold or hot milk and sometimes with blueberries if I have any. I went into the cupboard to get some this morning and I was all out. Need to get more.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    That's 58 cal for the Australian variety, I don't know if North American ones are different? From the photo early on in this thread, they look a whole lot more substantial. I went to pick one up, and it entirely crumbled. You've got to be really gentle with these Australian ones or all you've got are crumbs.

Thanks to this thread, I bought a box. They're 65 calories each, and sturdy: whole wheat, barley malt extract, cane sugar, salt, iron, niacin, thiamin hydrochloride (B1). 2g each protein & fiber: http://weetabixusa.com

Edited to add I'm unexpectedly out of milk, so I ate it like a piece of toast. It dropped crumbs with every bite, but stayed in one piece.

Ours are as though you got a bunch of bran flakes and pressed them together while they were wet. Then when they dry, and you go to pick them up, flakes drop off everywhere. Ours are flaky.

They look like this ... and those are maybe 10 cm long.

Weet-bix.jpg

So weird!

Ours look like this

2+biscuits.JPG

Which is what I remember from France too.

But yeah, like someone mentioned, it's 65 calories a piece, not 58, I was wrong.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    That was my every day breakfast as a kid....2 Weetabix with a spoon of golden syrup on top of each, cold milk and enjoy :-) They're made down the road from me and with the wind in the right direction you can smell weetabix with warm milk everywhere!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Cold milk and sliced bananas or strawberries. .yum yum :smile:

Got a pack of 36 in Lidl at the weekend for less that £2 :smile:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing them into mushed up raspberries with lots of raspberry juice - the kind of juice you get from frozen raspberries. It's pretty good!
    Soopatt wrote: »
    I am totally going to try cutting them in half! Thanks for the tip!

I think the two halves could make a wonderful low calorie "ice-cream sandwich" with frozen yogurt in the middle.

I eat mine this way : Take one biscuit, put in a bowl and fill with milk until it is almost covered. Microwave on high for one minute, till it bubbles up. The biscuit falls apart, the milk warms up and and you have a delicious hot porridge really quickly, a bran version of oatmeal. I must make it again :)

I don't think they can really be cut. They're barely holding themselves together and just fall to pieces with pressure.

Mine don't look like hard, flat bars in the pic. They're rounded on the ends. And very flakey. Good, but crumbley.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I take mine heated with milk and agave. Other half takes his with water and honey.

I haven't had them in about 2 years. Might try them with berries and greek yoghurt.
  • Sean_TheITGuy
    Sean_TheITGuy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    fdc794b54bc45baaae526c4926a5efd8.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    fdc794b54bc45baaae526c4926a5efd8.jpg

<3 Spike.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Love Weetabix, that and porridge are a staple part of my breakfast.
    Normally i have 2 Weetabix in 150ml of semi skimmed milk with Truvia sweetener sprinkled on top. I like mine soggy though that's why i put that much milk in, i experimented with Almond milk but it doesn't soak in as much as milk and not had it with water since i was a nipper.