Butter in your coffee?

Options
12346»

Replies

• ADayAtATime4Me
    ADayAtATime4Me Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of people put coconut oil in there coffee and all I can think is

"What a waste of a great cup of coffee"

:)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    While your pediatrician is right, your toddler shouldn't be drinking coffee.
    The body needs healthy fats.
    Butter is an excellent choice, in reasonable quantity.

For myself, hiking in the Ladakh region of India a couple of years ago, I drank a lot of local tea with yak butter.
    Yak butter is butter where they put in the entire yak. 'special. very 'special.

Not a happy camper.
    111_yak-master-of-the-himalayas_groot.jpg

But one gets used to it.

Why not?
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It's tasty. *shrug*
  • regmitch
    regmitch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, look up "upgraded coffee" you are supposed to use grass fed butter as well as organic virgin coconut oil.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    While your pediatrician is right, your toddler shouldn't be drinking coffee.
    The body needs healthy fats.
    Butter is an excellent choice, in reasonable quantity.

For myself, hiking in the Ladakh region of India a couple of years ago, I drank a lot of local tea with yak butter.
    Yak butter is butter where they put in the entire yak. 'special. very 'special.

Not a happy camper.
    111_yak-master-of-the-himalayas_groot.jpg

But one gets used to it.

Why not?

What a beautiful yak! :bigsmile:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    2n7fw5l.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, look up "upgraded coffee" you are supposed to use grass fed butter as well as organic virgin coconut oil.

Not to be "that guy", but I'm pretty sure the prescribed recipe is with MCT oil, not coconut oil.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

"supposed to"?? So if someone likes regular ol' butter in their coffee they are doing something wrong? Geez, it's just food.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of people put coconut oil in there coffee and all I can think is

"What a waste of a great cup of coffee"

:)

I must admit i like coconut oil for lot of stuff. But i just want my coffee black:wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

"supposed to"?? So if someone likes regular ol' butter in their coffee they are doing something wrong? Geez, it's just food.

While you (and others) may not agree with them, some contend that the source of the food matters. Hence the distinction between "grass fed" butter and "regular ol'" butter.

And I know that MFP uses an entirely different set of rules than anywhere else, but "supposed to" =/= "doing it wrong". The important distinction here is that if you're going to call it "upgraded coffee" (a term coined by Dave Asprey) then you should follow the prescribed recipe for it...(which is why I pointed out the MCT oil vs. coconut oil distinction).

Absolutely, if you want to put coconut oil and regular butter in your coffee, feel free...but it technically isn't "upgraded coffee".
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Mmmm......butter......
    [img][/img]8509338018_4dd92fc9c0_n.jpg
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I have an ex who was really big into keto and would put butter in his coffee. No wonder we're broken up.

lol