PB2 or Peanut Butter???

124»

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I'm on 1200 calories a day and I eat peanut butter. The real stuff. I have not tried PB2 so I can't say anything against it, other than the thought of powdered peanut butter that has been processed to within an inch of its life has no appeal to me. I understand the benefits of having the yummy flavor without all the calories, though. Just not for me.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    itsMcKay wrote: »
    kvansteen wrote: »
    I eat real food.. Real peanut butter is better for you in my opinion.

We all "eat real food." And your opinion doesn't mean much when stated on its own.

PB2 is a nice little thing to add to keep calories down but have a healthy diet. That high-horse stuff you're doing is really not helpful at all.

I always wonder about people like you in the forums...

couldnt have said it better myself!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Azexas wrote: »
    I really like PB2, but as a heads up- it will not be the same consistency as peanut butter. I usually use it as a dip for wheat thins or vegetables. You can usually find it at Walmart, Target, GNC or Vitamin shop.

the consistency is entirely dependent on how much water you add. The way I make it, it has the same consistency as regular peanut butter. My fiancé, however, likes it a bit more watery. It's totally up to the mixer though.

How could it ever have the same consistency? One would be made with fat and that other with water. The same thickness, maybe, but water and oil do not have the same consistency.

i can't tell the difference in the consistency the way i make it. lucky for me 'eh? saves me 150+ calories :smile:
  • smtaylo85
    smtaylo85 Posts: 1,270 Member
    i like both
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I don't care for PB2

What peanut butter are you eating that is high in carbs? it is calorie dense because of fat...but if you're just getting natural peanut butter without added sugars, is shouldn't be carby.
  • laurabolyard
    laurabolyard Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, first post! I love PB2, it's great on a rice cake! I was thrilled when I tried it!
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Adams Peanut Butter

Less carbs than Protein

One ingredient: Peanuts!

Anything else, in my opinion, is crap. Most "peanut butters" are made with vegetable/palm oil.

PB2 is primarily used by the people who think fat is bad but want more peanut butter. To each their own, I guess.

I dont think fat is bad, on the contrary my diet consists of mostly fat and protein. I was only seeking an alternative because the carbs were high and the cals set me over my limit. But im glad I tried it because its delicious!

I stand corrected! :blush:
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I don't care for PB2

What peanut butter are you eating that is high in carbs? it is calorie dense because of fat...but if you're just getting natural peanut butter without added sugars, is shouldn't be carby.

The only PB i like is Jiff which runs about 190 cals and 8 carbs per tbsp. 8 carbs may not be alot to the average person however, for me it is