Alright people who supposedly get full on 1200, how do you do it?

18910111214»

Replies

• tamaraboston
    tamaraboston Posts: 1 Member
    This isn't a thread bashing you, it's me asking how do you manage it?? I get super hungry on that little a day, however I'm wanting to try it again. What are your typical meals? Do you ever feel famished?

I eat around 1200-1300 a day easily, as I eat a large breakfast of fruit, a medium lunch of salad and a small dinner of fish and vegetables. Also I weigh 9stone2 and am 5'8
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm at 1300 today. I would have been full on 1200, I used at least 100 calories of PB2 in my protein fluff which doesn't need it.

Oh, and that's how I get full. High volume: veg, protein, and that protein fluff

PB2 in protein fluff? I'm interested in this concoction. What is it? How do you make it?

I make my protein fluff with 20 grams of casein protein powder (cannot be whey or any other), 6 grams of xanthun gum, 10 0z of any liquid (milk, almond milk, diet soda, I use water). From there you can go crazy. You can add whatever fruit you want, I used 100 grams of banana. You can literally add whatever you want to make it as low calorie or as high calorie as needed. One night I sprinkled two reeses cups on top. Now I use a good 30 grams of PB2, some cocoa powder, maybe a little sweetener. This fluff becomes so big it fills an entire mixing bowl.

Here's one that @vismal makes. I tried it with diet root beer and didn't like it though. I prefer water and probably some sort of milk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR3Z028prSU

yjedbj20w99v.gif

I need to get some casein and xanthan gum. I only have whey powder and I'm tempted to try it right now but the internet says no. :(
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    I've seen some people on 1200 calories like to more or less eat the same foods every day. I would get very bored with this eating regime. I like variety, it makes my 1200 calories more interesting and I look forward to the next day's food. Examples of some of my meals are:-

Breakfasts:-
    Cereal and fruit (different cereals and different fruits)
    Boiled, poached or scrambled egg and wholemeal bread
    lean bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes
    Bacon and marmalade sandwich (warburton thin) with flora pro-active
    Left over stirfry

Lunches:-
    Avocado and big mixed salad with 1 tbspn balsamic vinegar
    Turkey breast and big mixed salad " " "
    2 egg mushroom omelette and salad
    Heinz five beans on toast
    Smoked salmon and Philadelphia rolls
    Tuna pasta salad (homemade)
    Homemade vegetable soup

Dinners:- (my favourite meal of the day - all homemade)
    Chicken chasseur and mashed potato
    Turkey burger, tomato salsa and oven chips
    Medallion steak, broccoli and small jacket pot
    Salmon parcels, peas, green beans and new pots
    Lemon and parsley cod, asparagus, tomatoes and new pots
    Roasted Root veg and chicken breast or pork fillet with gravy
    Venison steak with redcurrant and balsamic sauce, veg and celeriac mash
    Thai rice with prawns and pineapple
    Turkey mince spag bol made with celery, onions, tomatoes and carrots

Snacks:-
    Variety of fruit
    olives

I find my menus leave me full but not 'stuffed'. I weigh and log everything I put in my mouth - this is a pain but portion control is so vital. If I want a glass of wine now and again I 'work' for it (exercise).

• Markylon
    Markylon Posts: 2 Member
    This isn't a thread bashing you, it's me asking how do you manage it?? I get super hungry on that little a day, however I'm wanting to try it again. What are your typical meals? Do you ever feel famished?

I have a poached egg for breakfast on light brown toast.
    Lunch is a PHD Diet Whey Protein Shake (182 Calories) keeps me totally full until dinner time.
    Then a 900 calorie dinner - I have lost 2 stone in no time.
    1 more stone to go for me.
    PHD Diet Whey Protein Shakes are my new best friend and 1200 calories a day.
  • chelley449
    chelley449 Posts: 5 Member
    I eat 1200-1400 calories daily. My main focus is on fiber, protein and healthy fats so a typical meal has veggies/fruits, chicken/fish/beans/dairy. Snacks are carrots, nuts, plain Greek yogurt with fresh fruit, grape tomatoes, cut up cucumber. I also drink a ton of water. Chia seeds and almond milk are also two favorites. I don't eat sugar most days but I do use about 4 Splenda packets in my breakfast coffee/tea. I saute my veggies in a tablespoon of olive oil just about everyday to get some good ole healthy fats. Oh! Don't forget avocados!!! That's it. Some days I'm so full that I'm struggling to even eat 1200 calories. Fill up on whole fresh foods and you'll be surprised how few calories you need.
  • chelley449
    chelley449 Posts: 5 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I suspect it's a combination of a few things:

1. They've just recently started, and it's still a mental game convincing themselves they're "full" - their hunger will catch up after a week or two.
    2. They're not accurately measuring calories, and they're actually eating much more than that
    3. They're eating a crap ton of lettuce, broccoli, and other cruciferous vegetables, which while seemingly 'healthy', will eventually leave them short of necessary fats and proteins.
    4. Or, they actually are quite old, short and close to their goal weight, so that 1200 calories is actually a reasonable goal (probably ~1% of those actually eating 1200 calories)

I understand what you mean but it can be done in a healthy satisfying way. Some people do go overboard and eat poorly to stay in that calorie range.

I measure everything (yes everything) and yes I eat a crap ton of veggies but I also include protein and saute them in a tablespoon of oil. Sometimes if my calories allow I eat a microwaved potato and occasionally whole wheat bread. Some days I go over my caloric limit but most days I go to bed quite full while staying within my 1200-1400 calorie range.
  • Helewisa
    Helewisa Posts: 13 Member
    Hmmm, is this a keto group? I'm not being sarcastic, I really thought this was a group dedicated to a ketogenic WOE, but I can see from so many responses that many here are not following that path at all. It's no problem for me, I was just hoping there may be some more truly keto eaters with helpful advice and encouragement? Anyone? I can answer some questions, but have only started keto on July 11 of 2015, so....

As for the 1200, it is a bit too low for me, but I am doing fine feeling satiated on 1350 calories/day. Eating LCHF, which also means moderate protein, is a great way to keep from having crazy hunger cravings. I still think of food, because, well...I love it. But, with keto I can eat amazing food, healthy food and feel satisfied. Part of my journey is knowing when to put down the fork/spoon and say "I've had enough". The evil twin inside wants to say "More, more, give me seconds on that!" ;-P
  • Pammalla
    Pammalla Posts: 71 Member
    I usually eat around 1300 a day but for me it's usually is a lot of veggies. Like 4 oz of chicken and 10 oz of veggies I like it keep my breakfast and lunch around 200-300 calories each because I'm not usually very hungry during the day but enjoy making a large dinner for my family
  • aloshandookie
    aloshandookie Posts: 1 Member
    daynerz wrote: »
    Fats and protein
    Nuts, chicken, and eating low calories food to fit in more good stuff
    This. Low carb
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Quite honestly, what the very first poster said. I was eating 2 meals a day at an average of 2500 calories a day. that consisted of 2 corn dogs or some white castles and fries. or a subway sandwhich . . or a sandwhich from the pizza shop. Very low volume. Very high calorie. now I have 2 smoothies and a stir fry. Same volume. Half the calories.
  • kmajor2015
    kmajor2015 Posts: 23 Member
    I only eat in the evenings, and it's usually high protein
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Helewisa wrote: »
    Hmmm, is this a keto group? I'm not being sarcastic, I really thought this was a group dedicated to a ketogenic WOE, but I can see from so many responses that many here are not following that path at all. It's no problem for me, I was just hoping there may be some more truly keto eaters with helpful advice and encouragement? Anyone? I can answer some questions, but have only started keto on July 11 of 2015, so....

As for the 1200, it is a bit too low for me, but I am doing fine feeling satiated on 1350 calories/day. Eating LCHF, which also means moderate protein, is a great way to keep from having crazy hunger cravings. I still think of food, because, well...I love it. But, with keto I can eat amazing food, healthy food and feel satisfied. Part of my journey is knowing when to put down the fork/spoon and say "I've had enough". The evil twin inside wants to say "More, more, give me seconds on that!" ;-P

No? It's general diet and exercise...
  • purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Thanks so much everyone for your answers!! I really appreciate it. I'm definitely going to be including more veggies in my diet.
  • charityheckler
    charityheckler Posts: 25 Member

While I do suffer from some of these issues as well, I have been searching out new foods to try that are lower in calories...

If you can handle salad with little to no dressing at all, you eat butt load of greens and they won't really up your calories that much... Squash has been one of my big fillers I use as well... One cup of spaghetti squash is around 40 calories... so when I make my plates at home I will reduce high calorie items on my plate and simply add more squash.... or green beans.... Typically, I will take the low calorie vegetable and cover half or more of my plate with it...

For snacks I will do like a cup of sliced jicama (approximately 45 calories) (kinda like eating raw potatoe, crunchy, and pretty tasteless)... and add in a small hand full of frozen blueberries and/or two or three slices of pickled beets... something with strong flavor that will add their flavor to the jicama... Jicama is low calorie and really feeling... (I can eat half a pizza or more by myself (if I were to let myself do it, but normal glass bowl of this will fill me up quick).

Just how I fight through the low calories...
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    I don't eat 1200 anymore, but when I did I felt pretty content with that many calories. I had a lot of protein (110g ish) from chicken eggs whey. And my sides were usually fresh veggies eg cucumber bell pepper lettuce kale celery etc. With lemon juice drizzled on top. The sides filled me up really well for usually under 50 cals. I also drink a lot of tea and water
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    For me, some days just fall there, but they tend to be just a few days and are often proceeded by higher carb days.
  • avilancaster871
    avilancaster871 Posts: 147 Member

I have a 1200 a day limit on this app and finding it easy but I also eat my calories burnt.. Well try to although havnt today lol I think it's because before starting this I only ate 1 meal a day and drank fizzy all day and that seemed to keep me full? So even tho I'm only having 1200 because it's actual food and not fizzy its filling me up? Yesterday I went over by 200 calories but didn't exersize.. Today I still have 700 left at the end of the day but earnt 600 back from working out :) I have been told though I shouldn't be eating as little as 1200 and should change it to 1500 but I'm assuming I wouldn't loose doing that? I don't no im new to this as of 3 days so lol