Food you don't bother logging

Options
1235»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    alexuh wrote: »
    1 cal cooking spray (although I did in the past, then realised this was slightly coocoo as I was only using 4 or 5 sprays.... There's being accurate and then there's being a bit of a loony!!!)

but the whole bottle is over 500 calories...they dont vaporize you eat those even if you use only one spray...now if you do a long time with a bottle oke...but me 10 days one bottle which means 50 calories a day!

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I also log EVERYTHING the little things add to much up and are a couple hundred of calories over a few days easily
    But i eat a lot of herbs and spices
    the cooking spray well like i said is 50 calories a day because i divided the amount of the whole spray over the days i can use it till its empty and the average was 10 days so about 53 calories a day right there.
    Coffee yes sir i log coffee...2 calories a cup and i drink about 14 cups a day. so 28 calories.

If you add it all up i have about 100 calories or even more a day in this kinda stuff
    Which would mean 700 a week
    and 5 weeks 3500 calories tadaaaa is a one whole pound! Is 10.2 pounds a year ;)

so i dont log water...thats it.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    oh, salt, i never log salt! how do you log that, do people weigh 2 shakes of salt?
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    Not logged: vitamins and supplements, gum, PAM or vegetable spry, dry spices (unless they are part of my recipe and need to know what I added). I don't log if I taste something from my husband plate, and I don't care if he takes something from mine either, but others better stay away. When eating out and unless I know the caloric value of my meal, I don't log it either. I may add quick calories and write a note in the comments section that explains what I had, but that is it. The same when I go on vacation. I do log my black coffee with Splenda but only because both cups are part of my breakfast and PM snack.
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I count my 3 cups of coffee as "water", and log the cream and sugar added as food calories. Salsa is high in sodium, and I track it because I notice on those days I go over my sodium limit, I retain water weight. (of course).
    But it is good to see how it affects my daily weigh ins.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I log herbs and spices if they are part of a recipe in the recipe builder, apart from that I log every morsel of food or drink. Yep I don't care if people see me a cuckoo!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I don't log black coffee but I do log sf gum and mints, even though they're about the same calories as black coffee. I was trying to figure out why I do that. I think it's because for me I won't drink more than 2 cups of coffee in a day (I'm super caffeine sensitive), but I could pop mints all day and chew gum all day, which could add up to 30 or 40 calories (2 or 3 at a time!).

I do log all veggies, condiments (including vinegar and hot sauces), lemon, lime, etc. but not dry herbs and spices. I might be a little sloppy with logging ones that are super low calories (10 or less); I'll still log them, but might guesstimate rather than measure.

I am also super possessive of my food once I've weighed it out--"Get your own chip, I've weighed this one!" I think it's kind of funny because my pets aren't at all food possessive but I am. ;-)

hahahahaha I'm the same way. "NO you can't have a bite, I've weighed it already!"

My husband knows that he'll lose a hand if he touches my food. No messing around when I've weighed food out.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices. I do log condiments. I don't log the coffee itself, but I do log the milk or cream I put in it. I don't log sugar-free gum, but I do log mints. I don't log lemon, lime, or cucumber added to my water, but I do log diet soda. As I'm typing this, I am realizing how arbitrary the "rules" I have for myself appear to be!
  • bubbex2
    bubbex2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't log in anything that is noncaloric. It just is too much work! I try to be careful to log in most everything else as accurately as possible so I can keep up with what I'm eating. If I think the carbs or calories are adding up, I will be super careful for the rest of the day.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    caammph wrote: »
    I don't log spices. I do log condiments. I don't log the coffee itself, but I do log the milk or cream I put in it. I don't log sugar-free gum, but I do log mints. I don't log lemon, lime, or cucumber added to my water, but I do log diet soda. As I'm typing this, I am realizing how arbitrary the "rules" I have for myself appear to be!

Yes! I've realized my rules are somewhat arbitrary, too. Oh well, whatever works and is livable! :wink:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I don't log:
    Black coffee, gum, 0 calorie drinks, herbs and spices (I do log herb blends such as 'Italian' and 'Greek'), lemon/lime, vinegar, the milk in my coffee if I decide I want it white. I measure/weigh and log everything else.

My MIL was making a stirfry the other night, and was sloshing on the sriracha and oyster sauce all over the veggies and noodles, then processed to proudly exclaim that she can eat all that she wants as there are no calories in there...

*headdesk*

I, of course mentioned that the sauces, veg and noodles all had calories, to which she shot me a dirty look. That look went away pretty fast when my husband chimed in and said "there are a lot of calories in the sauces and noodles".

I couldn't help myself... :wink:

She also seems to think that if she eats an entire bag of family sized chips, that it is the same amount of calories as the serving listed on the back.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I don't log diet soda, or unsweet tea. I also don't log the gummy vitamins I take most mornings. If I taste something while cooking, I don't usually bother logging either.

But I generally don't eat back my exercise calories either...so I figure it gives me a little wiggle room for the occasional Costco sample or random potato chip I may steal from my kids.
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't log herbal tea, tea, coffee (made at home). If I go to Starbucks I will log due to the amount of milk (and my free hazelnut syrup shots!) :wink:
  • TMacKtwenty4
    TMacKtwenty4 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't log is the Lemonade flavored Mio I add to my water throught the day. Although it is calorie free is does contain sodium. I'm not a salt freak, so I really don't watch my sodium content that vigilantly.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    plain cinnamon, splenda, herbs and sugar free gum , the one or 2 orange lifesavers I have
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I really often don't log little snacks..if I have 1 pringle chip, or a single cube of cheese, I'm not logging it.. Really, this logging thing is only gonna work as long as i can sustain it. So basically I'd say my logging is 90% accurate.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    condiments or my morning coffee
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    There's only one (aka 2) thing I've never logged nor ever will and that's the bread and wine at church lol. It just seems too divine to log!

That being said, there are lots of things that I rarely log but have once in a while out of curiosity. Like gum and Coke Zero or lemon water.
  • LokiDokiArtichoki
    Options
    I don't log coffee, tea, Splenda, hot sauce, seasonings, gum, mints, dill pickles, onion, garlic, mustard, ketchup, diet/low-cal drinks (as long as they're under 30cals), or lemon/lime. As long as they're used sparingly, which is a grey area and completely up to my own definition.

I'm not going to beat myself up over being 25 cals over because of an extra squirt of ketchup. 2 cups of ketchup, is a whole other thing.
  • rostaria
    rostaria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I never log diet coke. However I am getting pretty rubbish at logging full stop.