Looking for friends with open diaries

Replies

• sdraper2014
    sdraper2014 Posts: 81 Member
    Mine is open to friends, I am usually a mix of home cooked healthy meals and eating out, life gets the better of me so e days when my husband and I both work 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., but mostly it is decent food I cook at home.
  • vegemitesandwich
    vegemitesandwich Posts: 66 Member
    Mine's open, but anyone's welcome to add me. I'm in Australia too though, so brand-wise things are probably a bit different to most of you.
  • annickseri
    annickseri Posts: 1 Member
    Mine is open, it helps being careful of what I eat having that feeling that people are seing my page.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Mine is open to all. Free free to add me. I am intermittent fasting and trying to follow a paleo offshoot diet.
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    My diary is open. I may not have the best food options in mine but for a full time working mother with a daughter in sports, I try to make drive through fast food options work.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Mine is open. I didn't log when I was on holiday but that aside I log everything consistently. All water, food, drink, exercise, bold treats.

Feel free to add me.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Mines open to friends- feel free to add me
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Mine is open (just recently). Feel free to add me. I'm not perfect and don't claim to be, but it's a way to keep me more accountable.

As a side note: I used to keep my diary private (only for friends). I did it mostly because I was embarrassed when I ate crap and drank too much. I'm over it now. I also did it because I didn't want to be judged by someone that didn't even know me, but thought they did based on my food diary. I think I just got to a point where I realized that judgmental people don't have that affect on me anymore. That's their prerogative. :smiley:
  • shondaj70
    shondaj70 Posts: 30 Member
    Mine is open to friends so lets be friends! :) Still getting this food thing right and would welcome any constructive advise.
  • sassy09
    sassy09 Posts: 17 Member
    Mines open also I think it keeps me more honest
  • Lkn35
    Lkn35 Posts: 76 Member
    Everyone can feel free to Add me
  • shan11180
    shan11180 Posts: 110 Member
    Mine is open, too! Love new friends! :) And I'm always on the hunt for healthy snacks, so I love to check out other diaries!
  • sturchiok89
    sturchiok89 Posts: 14 Member
    Mine is open, I welcome any friends, helps keep me accountable.
  • MVG821
    MVG821 Posts: 28 Member
    Mine is open. Feel free to look through mine!
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    marthapie2 wrote: »
    I think having an open diary is what keeps me the most accountable! Like "oh no, if I eat this cookie, that'll put me over and everyone else will see it!" :blush:

Anyone feel free to add me! I like seeing what other people eat too.

LOL--"subconsciously", I think that's why I have my food diary open to the public--it helps me to "think twice" about whether or not I really want (or need) to have that tasty item if it's going to put me way over my daily goal.

• BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    My diary is also open to the public.

I've only been food logging into MFP since September 2, 2015 but eventually I will have my food diary updated back to August 19, 2015 when I re-started my diet (I was logging on a tablet--I just need to transfer it to MFP).

Note: my diary on any given day should not be considered "complete" unless I've put some text into the "Food Notes" section--this is where I put my blood sugar measurements & amount of required insulin since I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic and need to monitor my blood sugars & insulin dosages along with what I'm eating. This is the last thing I update but typically don't get to that until the following day.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    Mine is also open, and I also don't log water but do drink it!

I also don't get private diaries - what's the point?

I'm on 1600ish but been eating about 1700 (which is what I'm supposed to up it to anyway during my current phase)

I've been logging every day for almost a year now.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    Well a lot of the reason most people keep it private is because people critize quite often when they don't like what a person is doing.

This - but when I have come across haters who dump on my food because it's not paleo or I eat too much carbs or whatever - easy fix - "remove friend" button. It's not like these people are real life friends!!!

BTW - *getting myself ready for lots of negative comments already* I don't log my olive oil/vinegar/twist of pink salt salad dressing, which I use on all my salads. "OMG you're eating more calories from your 1/2 tablespoon of oil than your whole salad!!"

Yep. and it tastes good too. :wink:
  • BrickFox
    BrickFox Posts: 61 Member
    Open diaries are free to friend me.
  • My diary is open. I eat mostly healthy home cooked food but try to save room for a treat at night.