cleansing

13»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I am against anything that removes heavy metal. It's your one-way ticket to midnight.

Ohhhh, I LOVE this!!

Here's one for you!

Twisted-Sister.jpg
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    edited September 2015
    emhunter wrote: »
    @hi135 I think she's been scarred away from any sort of cleanse.

What benefits did you get from your detox? Would you do it again?

I don't think her changing her mind is a bad thing
    A detox is not required. You find as you drink more water and change habits you don't feel as bloated
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    emhunter wrote: »
    @hi135 I think she's been scarred away from any sort of cleanse.

What benefits did you get from your detox? Would you do it again?

I don't think her changing her mind is a bad thing
    A detox is not required. You find as you drink more water and change habits you don't feel as bloated

I don't think changing her mind is a bad thing either. I'm just letting hi135 I think that ship has sailed

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Someday....someone is going to actually answer what toxins they think they are detoxing from. If the product isn't telling you that....then it should make one pause and think.

Hasn't happened yet won't happen
  • Gross.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I am against anything that removes heavy metal. It's your one-way ticket to midnight.

SLLRunner wrote: »

Ohhhh, I LOVE this!!

Here's one for you!

Twisted-Sister.jpg

Talk about confusing, the Tetrasodium EDTA I add to my hair products gets rid of heavy metals AND makes my hair better looking.

• earlnabby
    I am a bit scared for my friend's daughter, but there is a point where they will not listen so I dropped it. She is in her late 30's now and is in the age where harmful things you do to your body will start to catch up to you. Her juicing is very possibly going to contribute to osteoporosis because of the lack of calcium and other micro nutrients helpful for bone health, and the lack of fiber is known to raise the risk factor for colon cancer.

Doing a juicing VLCD once really isn't going to harm you. She does it 2-3 times a year for 30 days each time.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am a bit scared for my friend's daughter, but there is a point where they will not listen so I dropped it. She is in her late 30's now and is in the age where harmful things you do to your body will start to catch up to you. Her juicing is very possibly going to contribute to osteoporosis because of the lack of calcium and other micro nutrients helpful for bone health, and the lack of fiber is known to raise the risk factor for colon cancer.

Doing a juicing VLCD once really isn't going to harm you. She does it 2-3 times a year for 30 days each time.

What benefit does she think she is getting from juicing? Just curious. Seems downright ludicrous!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Your body detoxes by itself, so save your money and calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    edited September 2015
    If I thought there was any tiny chance it would do me any good, I'd do it. But I don't believe that.

Be careful with cleanses. Some are just fun, silly ways for people to "kick-start" their diets and the worst thing that can happen is some diarrhea and a lack of some vitamins and minerals for a day or two. Other cleanses are seriously unhealthy. I read one online that if the person didn't vomit up the salt it instructed them to drink...the person would die. A healthy body would almost always vomit it up, but the thing even had what it considered to be a way around the vomit. That person was TRYING to kill people via a cleanse.

Be very careful. Juice for a day or two - no big whup. But never take anything - no pills, no powders, no liquids, no ridiculous amounts of salt, nothing! - unless you're sure it's okay. Run any cleanse by a doctor before you do it.
  • earlnabby
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »

What benefit does she think she is getting from juicing? Just curious. Seems downright ludicrous!!

Cleansing, detoxing, resetting her body, weight loss, getting more energy, and some more woo I can't remember.

• mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Once again those recommending a detox or cleanse cannot name a single thing they allegedly remove from the body. We have a recommendation of a laxative tea and some combination of drops/pills/restrictive diet. Thankfully the OP realized the foolishness of a cleanse before wasting her money.

Exactly. I'm glad there are many people on here with common sense.