• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    SadDolt wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    OP you either believe saddoolt or everyone else.
    The standard safe healthy rates of weight loss are 1-2lb a week,, which would put your traget between 6-12lbs. You may get a boost from the beginning by losing some water weight but that will tail out and often comes back. I think its too much but good luck with it. You talk about healthier and lifestyle change, but it doesnt sounds like it. You are going to have to create over a 1500 cal deficit a day. See how you get on though.

any weight comes back if you go back to poor eating habits....that's why you should lose weight with something you can stick to

Your diet consists of popcorn chicken, bbq sauce and ice cream. Tell me again how you know what you're talking about.

Sounds like she eats some bangin' food.

@SadDolt - I support your food choices. 100%. You can do it!

But she has no peeps. How can she eat her ice cream if she has no peeps?

Sadly, the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) is no more. It has been made abundantly clear that posts and subsequent discussion regarding the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) are a violation of the MFP Terms of Service. The founders of the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) appreciate your long-standing support, but no further details regarding the The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM) will be posted in the MFP forums. For further information, please buy my final book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): No Peeps For You! The Rise And Fall Of A Satiric Response To Pervasive Pseudoscience.

Meh. I'm going to wait for the movie. I hear Kevin Spacey is playing the lead.

That's what I heard too. :)

OP, remember slow and steady wins the race. Set some reasonable goals and you will lose weight. You can do this in a healthy manner, I know you can. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You could do intermittent fasting or ADF to accomplish that.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/06/08/alternate-day-fasting.aspx

Intermittent fasting is not magic. Under any situation, and on any diet, you absolutely must eat less calories than you burn to lose weight. It's science.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I was an ace at dropping weight at this sort of rate when I was 19 - there are ways to sustain your energy at the gym as well and to flatten your stomach at the last minute. I knew and practiced them all. I won a couple of bikini competitions as a result back in the day. I am, however, infertile (yeah, still, it didn't ever come right), after years of skipped periods as well as other health issues.

I did however, look FANTASTIC in my twenties.

So.. theres that.

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    I was an ace at dropping weight at this sort of rate when I was 19 - there are ways to sustain your energy at the gym as well and to flatten your stomach at the last minute. I knew and practiced them all. I won a couple of bikini competitions as a result back in the day. I am, however, infertile (yeah, still, it didn't ever come right), after years of skipped periods as well as other health issues.

I did however, look FANTASTIC in my twenties.

So.. theres that.

So sorry. Thank you for sharing your story <3
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Alex
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.