Apple Cider Vinegar

2»

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    My suggestion? Stop drinking it. It's not going to do anything for you. Well, except give you heartburn.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    JensyRN wrote: »
    Anyone a fan of using this? I read about the health benefits quite often. I tried it and it gave me the worst heartburn and is hard to get down. Any suggestions?

Fermenting apple juice and letting it spoil does NOT give it special magical powers. On the other hand, ACV makes a great hot bacon dressing for spinach salad and also a splash of it adds a great flavor to barbecue sauce. Use it for cooking, salad dressings, etc. if you like the flavor it gives but drinking it will not do anything special for you. It also is a great cleaning agent (although I prefer citric acid since it has no smell).

• lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    The only thing I'm noticing as a benefit that I started drinking lately is Mighty Leaf chamomile Citrus tea steeped with some fresh ginger and a squeeze of lemon. This time of year you start getting that start of a cold with a scratchy throat and it seems to soothe and get of that gone quick. You don't even need even a smidge of sugar but a bit of honey would be good, too with honey's antibacterial properties. That tea is so tasty. I love all their varieties.