Detox Question

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Moya6512 wrote: »
    This is a TERRIBLE site filled with miserable people. I never knew I signed up for this. I just want to juice and go vegan. You self pronounced experts are ridiculous

There are plenty of people here who juice or are vegan without posting misinformation. Several of them have responded to you.

Not going to take the self-proclaimed experts bait.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    This is a TERRIBLE site filled with miserable people. I never knew I signed up for this. I just want to juice and go vegan. You self pronounced experts are ridiculous

I'm sorry that you're finding it impossible to spout nonsense and woo and not be challenged on it here. Perhaps a venue where people don't rely on actual science would be more to your liking? (Does Dr. Oz's site have a forum?)

#foodbabearmy
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member

I've encountered few miserable people here. What I do see quite often are people making claims that science either doesn't support or outright counters, who then throw a fit when their illusions are challenged by fact and logic.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

If *all* you wanted was to juice and go vegan, you would do those two things. And nothing anybody said would bother you. But you obviously want something more. You want people to agree with you.

If you want to juice, juice. Just don't expect those with scientific literacy to agree with you that it's helpful.

If you want to go vegan, go vegan. 99.9% of the posters here don't care if a fellow poster decides to be vegan. Just don't expect the general population to agree that they should also go vegan too. They won't. And if you want to identify as a vegan online and make pro-vegan arguments, I suggest you work on your approach and your arguments. Successful vegan advocacy can be challenging, especially for those new to the lifestyle. It might be better to hit the pause button on your online advocacy until you get more comfortable with it.
  • tincanonastring
    It might be better to hit the pause button on your online advocacy until you get more comfortable with it.

I disagree. Where's the fun in that?
  • Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member

I'm sorry that you're finding it impossible to spout nonsense and woo and not be challenged on it here. Perhaps a venue where people don't rely on actual science would be more to your liking? (Does Dr. Oz's site have a forum?)

It's just not a lot of positivity. Just a bunch of inside jokes and whatever else gets you fitness gurus rocks off
  • tincanonastring
    edited January 2016

It's just not a lot of positivity. Just a bunch of inside jokes and whatever else gets you fitness gurus rocks off

Yes, this place doesn't have a lot of time for poorly researched, ill-conceived pseudoscience. I will positively grant you that!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    There aren't many, if any, inside jokes in this thread. What there is are multiple people ... vegan and not ... countering the misinformation you're presenting followed by you then lashing out at everyone.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

It's just that people here like their positivity with a side of accurate information.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    I pooped more on my juice fast than I ever did eating meat, which stays inside your system much longer. Toxins?! Research what they really do to the meat we eat. What drinking fruits and veggies does is provide our cells with adequate nutrition, quality over quantity, while at the same time giving our system a break. Ever did a colon cleanse?... you'll see our liver does a great job...but there is still at least 5lb of bullcrap in your body due to the toxic foods we eat.

That's just fiber. You need fiber. I don't even eat meat (vegetarian), but just talking about meat as a broad term is short-sighted. There's a lot of different foods under that category... all with various benefits or drawbacks.

I mean, it's not natural to only take in juices. Luckily, we are highly adaptable animals, so it doesn't generally kill us...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited January 2016

It's just that people here like their positivity with a side of accurate information.

Exactly.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited January 2016

Forum life isnt for everyone. Some thick skin is required from time to time. There are so many knowledgeable and educated people on this site, its actually a great benefit if you can look beyond the fact that people disagree with you. If you have misinformation then yes, someone needs to call it out, not just for your sake but for the sake of others as well. The GIFs are a plus. You've got to have a since of humor about it all.

ETA: Grammatical Clarity
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member

#mfpmeanies
  • Hornsby
    edited January 2016
    Someone here said it best... "MFP will give you the facts/truth on most things, the delivery though is a 2x4 to the head."

Hopefully she sticks around a while and learns a thing or two....hundred.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Someone here said it best... "MFP will give you the facts/truth on most things, the delivery though is a 2x4 to the head."

Feelings need to be left out of the forums....
  • Hornsby
    jmule24 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

Feelings need to be left out of the forums....

That's like debating religion and saying not to get emotional. Some can, many can't. Luckily I hate all of you so I no feelings for me on here ;)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member

Did you miss my post?

You can do a search for threads with "vegan" in their title, participate in these threads, find the other vegans, and send them a friend request. Here's a recent one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10315657/searching-for-any-mfp-vegans-out-there#latest

Also check out the vegan groups: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?group_group=1&Search=vegan
  • Moya6512
    Show me where it says that consuming fruits and veggies at its purest form
    MommyMeggo wrote: »

Forum life isnt for everyone. Some thick skin is required from time to time. There are so many knowledgeable and educated people on this site, its actually a great benefit if you can look beyond the fact that people disagree with you. If you have misinformation then yes, someone needs to call it out, not just for your sake but for the sake of others as well. The GIFs are a plus. You've got to have a since of humor about it all.

ETA: Grammatical Clarity

Yes, if I was on here saying I'm going on a cabbage soup diet, or the special k diet, or getting some crazy surgery...I'm literally saying I'm consuming only fruits and vegetables to clean my body out. That shouldn't even be up for debate.
  • Moya6512
    Dr. Mercola. Drops mic
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Dr. Mercola. Drops mic

Why didn't you say so sooner.
This discussion has been closed.