Detox Question

1234568»

Replies

• M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Moya6512 wrote: »
    htimpaired wrote: »
    The main part of juicing to detox is more than just weight loss, it literally resets your appetite, taste, cravings, mood, energy, mindset. It's amazing to give your body a rest from digesting meats and other toxic chemicals. There is no sensible reason people should be on here telling you not to drink veggies and fruit, it's absurd how brainwashed the food industry has us all.

When did meat become a toxic chemical?
    What other toxic chemicals are you referring to? And how to drinking veggies in juice help this process? Juicing takes away a lot of the fiber than is helpful for the best "detox" I know-pooping.

I pooped more on my juice fast than I ever did eating meat, which stays inside your system much longer. Toxins?! Research what they really do to the meat we eat. What drinking fruits and veggies does is provide our cells with adequate nutrition, quality over quantity, while at the same time giving our system a break. Ever did a colon cleanse?... you'll see our liver does a great job...but there is still at least 5lb of bullcrap in your body due to the toxic foods we eat.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I dont want to know what foods you're eating
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Dr. Mercola. Drops mic

That does explain the flaws in your posts. I wish he would drop the mic so fewer people would hear his misinformation.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited January 2016
    Dr. Mercola. Drops mic

4d.gif

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Show me where it says that consuming fruits and veggies at its purest form
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    This is a TERRIBLE site filled with miserable people. I never knew I signed up for this. I just want to juice and go vegan. You self pronounced experts are ridiculous

Forum life isnt for everyone. Some thick skin is required from time to time. There are so many knowledgeable and educated people on this site, its actually a great benefit if you can look beyond the fact that people disagree with you. If you have misinformation then yes, someone needs to call it out, not just for your sake but for the sake of others as well. The GIFs are a plus. You've got to have a since of humor about it all.

ETA: Grammatical Clarity

Yes, if I was on here saying I'm going on a cabbage soup diet, or the special k diet, or getting some crazy surgery...I'm literally saying I'm consuming only fruits and vegetables to clean my body out. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

And we are literally telling you that it doesn't do what you think it does. Srsly how many different ways do you need to be told that 'detoxing' and 'cleansing' when it comes to human diet are a myth.

If you want to be vegan stop eating (and using in any way) animal products. Simple. Done. There is absolutely zero need for you to 'detox' first.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Show me where it says that consuming fruits and veggies at its purest form
    This is a TERRIBLE site filled with miserable people. I never knew I signed up for this. I just want to juice and go vegan. You self pronounced experts are ridiculous

Forum life isnt for everyone. Some thick skin is required from time to time. There are so many knowledgeable and educated people on this site, its actually a great benefit if you can look beyond the fact that people disagree with you. If you have misinformation then yes, someone needs to call it out, not just for your sake but for the sake of others as well. The GIFs are a plus. You've got to have a since of humor about it all.

ETA: Grammatical Clarity

Yes, if I was on here saying I'm going on a cabbage soup diet, or the special k diet, or getting some crazy surgery...I'm literally saying I'm consuming only fruits and vegetables to clean my body out. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

Seriously, though, I don't see how you could possibly get the protein and fat that your body requires from this. You do know that your body needs those things, right?
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    That shouldn't even be up for debate.

What YOU want to do isnt debatable. Why you THINK you need to, is.
    They are just saying that you dont have to clean your body out before making lifestyle changes. Its just not necessary. And the reasons you provided as to why were met with rebuttal. Its a discussion. You are just singled out on the losing end, it happens. You are set in your ways and believe what you want, cool. Just understand that not everyone agrees.

And you are missing all of the fiber of your fruits and veggies when you juice them. Fiber aides elimination which is what you want, right? Thats all a "cleanse" is. Your organs do all the detox for you. By all means live the life you want, be the most bada$$ juicing vegan you can be, just dont go around claiming certain things as fact.
  • Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
    It had healing effects as well .
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Dr. Mercola. Drops mic
    Sorry, didn't do anything to strengthen your case there. MercoLOLa is a crackpot whose "science" has been debunked over and over again by evidence-based researchers. BecomingBane already posted some links above, so I won't bother reposting them. Mercola is about as reliable a source as Dr. Oz.

Seriously, though, I don't see how you could possibly get the protein and fat that your body requires from this. You do know that your body needs those things, right?
    I asked that question upthread, seems it was conveniently ignored.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »

It was ignored because............................... juice.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    AnvilHead wrote: »

It was ignored because...............................MercoLOLa.

FIFY. :D
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    It had healing effects as well .

Now I'm interested. What did your veggies heal?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.