WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

1878889909193»

Replies

• Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Wishing everyone a great 1st December, count down begins todsy for Christmas. Still have more presents to buy, cards etc. This year I am writing a food list so that I don't forget anything and try to get lighter deserts etc. I help to look after my mum who has dementia and this year I will have mum at my home on 27 December. Mum doesn't remember things very well and will always tell you things many times. Mum becomes a little anxious, she keeps saying her mind is blank and she doesn't know where she is, we have to contently reassure her. Another thing she often says which is upsetting is " you won't let them take me away will you". I cannot imagine how she is actually feeling. All the family can do is to be there for her every day. My dad died 15 years ago on Christmas Day morning in a hospice. People often say that it must be terrible christmas time. I can remember every moment ehen dad died, it was so peaceful and when the nurse opened the curtains everything was going on normally in the ward. Outside the snow was on the ground and it was such a beautiful morning, the sky had a golden glow and fluffy clouds. My sister and I went back to tell mum, she was devastated but relieved that he was no longer suffering. We all enjoy Christmas with remembrace but also joy. My dad loved Christmas, he would put decorations in the living room, kitchen and hallway. The Christmas tree would be decorated and lots of lights would shine through the baubles. The happy memories will always outshine the sad ones. Life is for living, enjoy everyone.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Carol NC......so sorry to hear about your grandniece & her father.Sad for sure......prayers for all. Pat

"Ladies, I've received some bad news this evening. My 8-year-old grandniece was watching as her dad drove a dirt bike into a tree--no helmet and a broken limb at face level. As of an hour or so ago, he was still in surgery but the doctors are saying his chances are very slim. Although I am concerned about Alex, I am terrified of the emotional damage this will cause for Makaela. Please send prayers and good vibes for this broken young man and all of his family, especially Makaela."

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Hello everyone!
    The good news - 1) I am at target! Very happy my pesky pound has gone! 2)The boiler man has been and I have heat in my bathroom for the first time in months. 3) I am packed! 4) Tomorrow's taxi is ordered for 4.30 am.5) Yoga this morning was very de-stressing and we had a nice coffee and chat in the pub afterwards.

The not so good news - after holding on the phone for about an hour this morning and being passed about it was revealed that I now have contracts for two phones with different numbers and I am paying for both. There didn't seem to be any easy way to sort it so I said I would send the new phone back. They are sending me a returns envelope and I have 30 days from its arrival to send the phone back. I will then try and hope to get my first month's rental back from them. All this while I was trying to get ready for yoga. I arrived at the hall super stressed, but I am quite pleased I made that decision. The phone is really too big. That'll teach me never to buy anything over the phone again. I normally would NEVER do that, but I have been wanting a new phone for ages. He caught me off guard. I am going to write a complaint about the lies the salesman told me, which were several. I know his name. >:)

Apart from that and the fact that we can't check in on line, I am feeling much better now the packing is done. :D

Love Heather UK
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Good morning. At least for four more minutes.

This morning has been a mess. I woke up sore all over. My joints are in complete revolt. I'm afraid Zumba may be too much for me. After I dropped off the kids at school I limped into WalMart to look for a toy the DGS wants for his birthday. The darned thing is $79! I can't afford that! I'm planning on dragging grandpa into the store for his opinion. Then I made invitations for his Party at the YMCA pool on Sunday, so I have to go take them to the school so he can pass them out to his class. Hopefully it's not too late for people to make plans for Sunday afternoon.

Then, my art guild group started debating the merits of the name we chose yesterday. Two of our of three husbands thought it was a stupid name, so we are going back to the drawing board. One friend is REALLY particular about what we choose and how it relates to other things. She wants it to be really long and very specific, which makes a domain name a problem. Nobody wants to type in a long web address. And she refuses to shorten it for the web site or even for answering the phone.

Well, hubby just got here for lunch. Later, ladies.

Sylvia
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Mia, I would look for ones that you have to be a member- safer that way. and like Becca says, meet at a public place. I am spoiled here in my small town in Iowa, which is predominantly Mennonite/ Amish. I can have people deliver to my house. the reason Craig's list became so unsafe is that ANYONE could post on it, even from out of the country, so there were a lot of scams (I ran in to many when I was thinking of getting a roommate.)

Yep meeting at a parking lot works too....but once we waited in a Costco parking lot about 30 minutes over the time they were SUPPOSED to meet me...and I was selling a $5.00 griddle....saw her coming out of the store...."Really?"....some are rude people and insensitive to the fact that your time is valuable too.

Becca
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    I haven't logged for a while. I am on my way back from NYC (work). I really hate the subway and lugging my suitcase up and down the stairs -- encountered a broken escalator today and had to carry it all the way up. But....it's darn good exercise! And I'm grateful that I can do that. Not my choice of exercise, but I'll take it.

I think I did ok with my food. It's hard to tell but I eat and a deli mostly and get salad and soup. Last night I had a sandwich and ate in my hotel room and watched The Grinch That Stole Christmas. I don't have a very wild nightlife. LOL.

Be back tomorrow.

Kimses in MA
  • kkenney73
    kkenney73 Posts: 18 Member

Becca – I have to hide healthy food to get DH to eat it. He has had Hamburger Helper with ground turkey or chicken enough now that he no longer complains. Next I will try turkey meatballs on Flatzza whole wheat pizza, and see if I can get away with that. I know these items aren’t really healthy, but I have to take baby steps in his conversion. // OMG ! Did you really mistake a raccoon for a cat? I can’t view your pictures from work, so I look forward to seeing them when I get home tonight. // When I first moved to Minnesota I had no idea deer and other larger wildlife just roamed around. The only time I saw Deer was in a zoo, or a County Deer Park/Reserve. “Why would Minnesota let deer on the outside of the fence?” I was further shocked a few years later when I moved to a REALLY rural town, and came across my first cow wandering in the road. :D

I knew you had to be from the Milwaukee area when you mentioned Flatzza. They are sooooooo good!! My life saver!!