Profile by Sanford

2»

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited February 2017
    .... my insurance mandates I can only use Sanford physicians and facilities. I have no choice about this, its the only insurance available for my region of Minnesota. And now I see THIS is what my ungodly insurance fees are helping fund?

Apparently setting up franchise diet clinics is more important to them than providing decent health care. They have a 1 star out of 5 rating by both Consumer Reports and US News and World Report for patient survival and complications after surgeries - I wouldn't trust anything to come out of them. Angry doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now.

On the other hand maybe I should be glad they're making some effort to spare people the risk associated with having any treatment necessary.
  • tshields001
    tshields001 Posts: 2 Member
    lokihen wrote: »
    Sorry to bump a necro thread, but I'm curious if anyone here has successfully maintained their loss using the Sanford Profile.

Quite a few of my co-workers have used the program to lose weight but none of them kept it off.

Yes i know people who have been able to maintain the weight loss for years.
    As far as the back n forth on this yes you can find another diet - but the thing is being on plan isn't supposed to be a diet. its supposed to be a change. A growth. I have bee non Profile for a year. I lost 40 pounds in 3 months. Was able to maintain most of that loss even though i completely went off plan.
    to me Plan isn't a diet its a resource to retrain my brain about my unhealthy eating habits. AND it does retrain you. It refocuses you on what you should eat by giving you a list of things that are proven. For me this was worth the money because I had someone else mapping out my journey. Which obviously i needed. Obviously I wasn't eating in a healthy manner or else i wouldn't have gained so much weight i felt the need to go to Profile.
    The thing is there is always something else that might be better or worse or something else entirely. The thing is to find the thing that works for you. Everyone on here bashing should be more constructive and positive that at least those who are following plan are being proactive in the health. They are trying.