Ouch. Hope you find some relief soon.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    :/<3
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    That really sucks. Sending you healing vibes.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    :(
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Well I think I turned the corner with the gout. It didn't hurt this morning so what did I do? I went skiing of course! Didn't hurt there so was glad of that. Also ran 1-mile later in the evening but that was it. Will try a couple of miles on Mon.

Last week wasn't a good week for weight loss for me. I fasted Fri, Sat, Sunday, but ate on Mon cause I went skiing, ate Tues cause I just did, ate Wed-today to take meds. I was up +3-lbs on Friday and may be a little more by now. I will start fasting again tomorrow. Glad it's not hurting like it was. Hopefully I can get back to running and fasting and losing some weight again soon! Hope all is well with everyone.
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better Bob! I sure you'll shake those extra pounds this week when you're back to your regular schedule.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    That gain probably isn't even real! I'm sure the gout and meds are causing water retention.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Was looking at some old pics and found a funny old Halloween one. I post this to show a before gut pic. No, there were no pillows involved. Man I'm glad I don't have that anymore!

• x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    hey Bob, have you tried eating a big bowl of cherries for preventing future attacks, you might wanna give it a shot

wish you a speedy recovery

https://youtu.be/3ZlX1Eu0UPM
  • blambo61
    Options
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    hey Bob, have you tried eating a big bowl of cherries for preventing future attacks, you might wanna give it a shot

wish you a speedy recovery

https://youtu.be/3ZlX1Eu0UPM

I don't eat them for prevention, but I have for helping with an attack. Thanks.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Well haven't posted in a while so here goes.

Have had off/on gout issues but not too bad and have been able to run. I'm up to almost 5-miles now in my runs. Due to having gout and eating more meals to take meds, I've really fallen out of the OMAD habit. The first 3-weeks of March I was part timing it and the last two weeks I think I've 2MAD'ed most every day. Good news is I went from my low of 193 to only 196 as of this morning (I did get to about 198). A couple lbs of that is just extra food in me and 1-week back on OMAD and I would probably be down to 194 or so. Things have been very hectic lately so I've just not delt with the fasting. I'm ok with that too as long as I'm not gaining much because I think I'm in a fairly good, not optimal, but good place. I will get back to it when I decide to. I'm just trying to get my running back in place. I do plan on running a 5k this Thurs so I'm looking forwards to that. I have found that sugar really makes me have gout flares. It is something I can't eat much of right now for whatever reason. It seems to be an every-time thing for me. Wish everyone the best.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better! Good luck on your 5k tomorrow!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Happy to hear from you, Bob! That's not a bad gain at all, and when you decide to get back into it, I am sure it will come off quickly. I hope your run is great tomorrow!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear from you! Thanks for the update!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks all, ran the 5k today but had an off day. I was having allergies, ran fasted except some corn starch (probably shouldn't have done that since haven't been fasting for awhile), and didn't get much sleep last night, and I've missed tng due to gout. I was about 50 sec slower than a month ago. I ran 27:46 which is 8:54-min/mile pace. Not worried though, think I will be good in a couple of weeks.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Sending you some healing powers!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Ditto to Sammy's comment!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Take it easy on yourself!!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Lost 1-lb last week and am at 196. Still 3 over my low but I only did OMAD 1-day last week so not bad. I went up to about 198 (couple of weeks ago) and am settling down even though have been doing 2MAD. I think I may do 2MAD 5xweek and OMAD 2xweek for a couple of weeks and see how that goes. I'm not gaining and am actually losing doing less than that so shouldn't be a problem. Things are very hectic at present and doing OMAD is a bit difficult. When things settle down, I will re-assess. If I can still lose doing that schedule, I may stick with it for awhile. When summer comes, I almost certainly will do 2MAD because I will run in the mornings to beat the summer heat in the afternoons and I have a very hard time doing OMAD when I'm doing that. Hope all is well with everyone!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, we have to be able to adapt as needed. Nothing in life is linear.
    Good luck